Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Fuel Gauge
Hey guys I wanna install my air / fuel gauge and I didn't want to go through the firewall and such, is there a way to tap this badboy in the car anywhere? Like it would be the same thing wouldn't it? Cause the wire I tap in the engine bay will make its way back inside sooner or later right?
Run your car, not your mouth
chances are .....if you have a sound system....actually even if you don't ...ther eis already a hole in your firewall up above the pedals.....it's only a single wire [thin at that] that you have to feed through there....

don't be lazy! :P
pin 60 on the ecu

strip some wire covering ... wrap the wire around ... tape and enjoy.

Edit.. could be 61 too.. bah.. but 60 rings a bell.

Its one of the only white wires on the harness, in one of those spots. (if i remember correctly).
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
I found it easier to go threw the firewall than take out the ecu, iunscrew it, and find the pin.

EDIT: Wire it threw the firewall and hook it up to the grey wire on your O2 Sensor.....VERY easy to do......Only one thing, when Berin and I installed ours, he was getting signal off the black wire and not the grey.

Supposbly this is common with the focus. :unsure:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Nov 16 2004, 07:08 PM Wrote:I found it easier to go threw the firewall than take out the ecu, iunscrew it, and find the pin.

EDIT: Wire it threw the firewall and hook it up to the grey wire on your O2 Sensor.....VERY easy to do......Only one thing, when Berin and I installed ours, he was getting signal off the black wire and not the grey. 

Supposbly this is common with the focus.  :unsure:
[right][snapback]70145[/snapback][/right]

Dun think this will look as nice as if I keep in within the car ya know?
Run your car, not your mouth
If you wire it up properly you wont see any wires. ;)

I'm all about clean installs mang!!

EDIT: For example, I have this wire hidden with my Hella headlamp wires. You dont see anything until you go look at the o2 sensor....even then, you really have to look hard to see the hooked up wire.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Would this be the Same pin on an svt ?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Nov 16 2004, 08:42 PM Wrote:Would this be the Same pin on  an svt ?
[right][snapback]70177[/snapback][/right]

i'm not sure if it's the same PIN but i know that it's the Black wire for the SVTF, i was thinking about using PIN 60 as well, but if someone wants to be the guinney pig then... be my guest, just be sure to post if it works or not!
That pin worked fine on my car forever... and tons of others.... theres no guinea pigging involved here..

=P
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
were talking about the SVTF though... not the ZX3.... so no one that i heard of that has a SVTF used pin 60 for the A/F Gauge! that's why i'm asking scooba, to be the guinney pig here!
ahh my bad! sorry d00d...

chances are its a different pin. Get an ecu diagram that shows all the pin outs. One of the other focus sites probably has it, and your answer will be there.
Boourns.... i wanna install my stuff. but i wont be done accumulating it all until march. i still wanna get a tb, plug wires, cam gear and possibly a coil before the s/c. So you're gonna have to wait a while before im the guniea pig
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funky Fuel Gauge.. microbunny 4 1,504 11-08-2004, 03:10 AM
Last Post: DILATED