Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racing Seats
I have a rip in my driver's seat so I was wondering about getting a set. I just wanna know what parts are needed and besides the actual seats what kinda pricing am I looking at for sliders, tracks, and anything else? Also will the stock seat belts work? Thanks boys!
The APC seats are now available without the APC logo, they're just blank racing seats. They're $200 each locally. Now don't get me wrong, they are APC we're talking about, and ya get what ya pay for...
Seats can be really easy or really hard. It depends if you got the money to buy the extras or if you are a handy guy and can fabricate your own brackets.

Here is my experience. I have seen Sparco Torino 1 and 2 seats in person and I have seen Tom Motorsports Torino style replicas. The seats are identical. The material and everything. You could unstitch the Toms Motorsport badge off and put a Sparco emblem on and know one would ever know the difference LOL. The big difference is price. Sparco your looking at $$$ and with Toms you can get a pair for about $500 CDN. Thats ok if your just wanting the basic seat so it looks.

How ever I run into a problem with seats. I could never get a cheap brand becuase they either make a large seat or a medium. Nothing that really fits me to my knowledge. There fore I have to go with an actual brand name like Sparco or Corbeua and get a seat that if going to fit me lol :lol: Other than that cotton is cotton, leather is leather etc etc. They all use the same materials and all the materials are made in the same shop by some 5 year old kid making 35cents an hour. So I say if you want the bling factor of saying you got this brand name or in a situation where you need a special size seat thens sure. But if you just wanting to get new seats to replace the stock focus seats and bit nicer im sure a cheaper brand would just do. Plus a stock Focus seat from a dealor is expensive..

Getting them into the car is the bitch!! Im all about custom fabrication and if you can do it sure. Custom make some mounts and bam. Goto the metal shop and find a welder. Get ready to spent a good few hours. I heard ppl say its not safe to make your own brackets but if you know what your doing you can make some really nice ones. Just make sure if bolted down good and your good to go.

I know the the Toms seats do include sliders but I know a few Sparco seats dont and you have to buy them seperately witch is bling bling. Also if you want to take the easy route and buy the mount mades for the car thats more bling. Im not sure about Corbeua (dunno how to spell it).

Hopefully that helps a bit.

P.S. The Tom Motorsport seats smell like WEED really bad from the box. Gotta hose them down with air freshner for a good week LOL..
Talk to Mitch (zx3tuning). He's pretty knowledgeable with seats and he also deals with Sparco.
You could go for some really nice seat covers,
sounds funny but you can get some
bling leather kits I just don't recall the web site.
I've seen them for mustang & firebird.

Check out; "leatherseats.com"
"autoskin.com" (with focus embrodery)

"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
The first year I had my car I put on some nice seat covers.

You could always get them refabricated. The stock seats do look killer in 2 tone leather. Looking at about $1000 to get it done at some places. The guy here only charges about $500.
I have tom motorsport seats for my focus. Great seats. Gotta fabricate your own brackets though.
Run your car, not your mouth
Ass,Nov 12 2004, 02:59 AM Wrote:I have tom motorsport seats for my focus. Great seats. Gotta fabricate your own brackets though.
Well I went to Ford today and the cloth cover for the seat part that got a hole in is $110 + tax. Definitely not worth it. I haven't decided whether I'm just gonna live with the hole or go for sport seats.

I'm kind leaning toward the tom motorsport seats because they come the way I like them with no name stitched into them.

Tony,

What exactly is involved with making my own brackets. I was talking to Anthony (focused) and he said something about drilling another whole in the stock seat rails and attching the seat with a bolt. What exactly did you do?

- Mike
With my Corbeau seats they custom made me a set of brackets to drop the seats and extra inch. After removing the stock seats it only took me about 20 minutes to get the new ones in.

IMHO paying the extra was well worth it. With belts, brackets and seats it was about $1600 delivered which was a great deal. The Spearco seats we used in the race car were that much each. .
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
Hey Simon. Where did you get your seats from?
I ordered them direct from Corbeau. It was part of a sponsorship deal, I paid up front but got 110% back when I finished my year.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
The TOM MOTORSPORT site states that the seats come with a universal slider. Now I know the slider must sit on a track that mounts to the floor. Where could I get a track for a focus application? What am I looking at price wise? Could I use the stock tracks?
I've got a wild question. Are there head rest for the back seats in the 5-point harness style, with the pass-thrus?
The Idea; replace stock front seats with 2 tone color scheme, put same 2tone seat covers on rear seats, and replace stock head rests with race seat "look" head rest.
Wild question #2. Four Captain chairs in a Focus? Two stockers up front and two front seats in back to replace the 3 pax bench?

Anyone done it?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I've seen it done in a wagon, 4 racing seats, looked good.
I'll hunt for the pics, but the wagon was going to some show, was super low, they could barely get it onto the trailer. It has a 2tone silver paint job.
If i knew i'd never have to move anything in the wagon again, i'd put 4 in. Along with 2 sunroofs.
ok, here is the wagon.
http://www.hzemall.com/hpa_focus_folder/focus_cover.htm

never mind, that's the wrong one, it only has rear seat covers, but i swear there is a wagon with racing seats in the back.

It is now my mission to find the fotonk.
That is too SIC for mere words! B)
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Will I need seat brackets for universal racing seats or could I simply modify the factory ones that the stock seats sit on? If I do need them who carries them for cheap?
haha, that HPA wagon never ran propperly, hell it barely ran!
Quote:haha, that HPA wagon never ran propperly, hell it barely ran!

Guess it was the perfect show car :lol: I remember seeing a Nitrous bottle in the back at the car show. I'm guessing they never dared open that bottle up?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apc Racing Seats girard.k 9 3,065 02-20-2008, 05:48 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV