Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sct Flasher
See blue that is where you are wrong , In the last 3 months i have finished 3 SVT that have been over 300HP and there owners have all been over 40 years young

They knew what they were getting into and didnt mind it at all, They understand to make power it takes good fuel unlike your candy a$$ that has never done any good numbers and wished he had , You sit back and cant afford or dont want to go through the trouble to run good fuel and that fine but dont "roller queen" me with a lot of what you dont know what your talking about

A dyno queen is a car that does nothing but make BIG numbers on the dyno yet you never see him do anything at the track to back them up because they cant

As for slicks car, He has good numbers but i dont in my opinion think it is safe and would never let a customer leave doing that on 91, Keep in mind that he has the safeguard on his car and im sure it is being used

Let him come to VIR and do 35 to 45 Min sessions with us and see how long the engine will last or how much the safeguard is being activated , The turbo cars would run off and hide from him and that is the return for the higher octane

There were 2 jrsc cars at VIR this year and almost laped them on a 3.2 mile course

I want and most of my customers want 300+ SAFE HP and to get that it takes high octane

I tell ALL my customers that ask about a turbo kit that it will make 180 safely on 93 then you need better fuel and about 95% of my customers dont mind it at all and are willing to trade high octane for high HP

Any time you want to find out if i have a dyno queen or a road king just step up and i will be glad to show you what a REAL boosted Foci runs like

Tom
easy with the name calling!

everyone has their own idea of what they're looking for in a high HP car. There's nothing wrong with trying to build a solid daily driver that can be taken across the country without any worries of what gas your running.

The whole point is that being able to lap people at VIR does not a daily driver make. And when people start talking about high horsepower, I prefer to bring up the limitations that fuel octane can impose on a person's quest for power rather than just dismiss it as trash talk.

Tom, you are very fortunate that high octane is easily obtainable, and it's great that your cars are THAT capable. But to me, having a car that is 360WHP capable is not the same as being able to drive that to work.

For example.. My vortech equipped zx5 is doing 191 WHP on 91 octane without the slightest indication of a problem. That means I can drive it 1,000 miles without worry of engine failure on gas that is available at the regular interval of gas stations... but I bet you I can easily break 200 WHP with some tuning and higher octane...that's ok for the dyno (dyno queen) or the track where high octane is available (track slut)... but it's not my current goal for a daily driven vehicle.

Not that I won't be pushing for 200WHP with some bolt ons, but that HP will be safe to run on 91.

The only caveat is that the car rarily sees ambient temperatures you have to deal with on a daily. Could be that we canadians luck out with lower octane because we have someone lower ambient temps? (that would be an interesting comparison)..

I'm not sure where I'm going with this... we should just stick with the facts, and qualify the solutions we're offering people. Not that I'm implying that Tom hides these facts (he obviously doesn't), but please realize that not everyone subscribes to the same school of thought.

not that I'm trying to burn bridges.. sooner or later I'm going to screw up and blow my engine..gonna really need someone to build me a long block when that happens :P
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Maybe this is where some confusion comes in , I can run my SVT or my 518 HP car on 87 octane fuel and go the 1000miles righ behind you on that 87 Oct fuel

I have made a few trips to the beach like i said where when there load up with high octane and go hunting mustangs then 87`n it back home where again i load up on octane

I can and do run low octane mostly 93 when im not close to home or out where there isnt any, I go to many GTG with the car on 93

But i like POWER and that takes high octane

Look at the VIR VID and see what im talking about , That 120,000$ Porsche turbo race prepped could out handle me and out break me but i would pull him every time on the straights

link http://www.tech9.us/focaljet/VIR3laps.wmv

Listen for me at about 6:23 and say by at about 6:25, Is this what you would call a dyno queen, I wouldnt and the yellow car behind me didnt either

Tom
I'll give you credit for one thing. You certainly are a good advocate for yourself. I'm glad that so many people are impressed by your octane inflated dyno queens. I'm not. You brag about all the power you are making, but you won't put up any numbers using the same fuel as everyone else... I guess that's for your ego. Good for you. You are also right I am not willing to spend obscene amounts of money on a front wheel drive economy car so that I can struggle to hold the steering wheel when I hit the gas. I am done in the discussion. Once again you have proved yourself to be arrogant and ignorant. No wonder you are losing respect all over.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
You call it , " arrogant and ignorant " I call it pride and hard work

If it was easy to do and could be done by filling up with 110 octane fuel that by adding c16 in your words should make 500HP with nothing done to it

There is nothing inflated about my numbers they are what they are and it did the numbers i stated , Because you cannot afford to buy the fuel or cant hold the wheel (why i have no idea it goes nowhere but straight) doesent mean that there are not many out there willing and wanting 300+ out of a Focus

The ones that want 91-93 that is what i made the STG1 turbo kit and not have to buy the full turbo kit for the ones that "say" they dont want all the big power and can reach 193/196 at the wheels with proper tuning and 9 to 10 psi

No im sure high octane isnt for everyone and i understand that but the ones willing to drop the $$$ and that want 300 or 400+ than high octane is the answer

Why is that so hard for some to understand , To run my turbo kit does NOT demand high octane but to run 300HP does , If your happy with 200 to 220 than buy 93 IM NOT and many of my customers also ARE NOT

With the little gains of the jrsc im sure you dont need the high octane and dont have wheel spin

Tom
I think Tom summarized the octane equation for us well enough.

I think both sides (aside from the name calling) bring up some good points. Some folks want everyday horsepower, some want maximum potential. It's a sliding scale with two extremes. In short, Tom offers both options.. everyday, average joe performance, and maximum overdrive (if you want).

I respect bluetoy for his car.. it's plenty fast, very reliable, and doesn't cost an arm or a leg to maintain or run. It's a great car, and the JRSC on the SVT is NOT a bad thing. It's the way I would do things because that's the way I am.

there was some good discussion in this thread, but I think it's purpose has been met.

feel free to start fresh in a new thread.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!