Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sct Flasher
sorry if this looks like whoring.. I'm going to post everything you can touch with the pro racer package, and if possible, can you boys at steeda pull together the things you can touch with the simple tuner?

I just want to see how the 2 compare... it would be interesting to know if changing parameters in the simple tuner would affect other settings available in pro-racer package, but without the need to know how to change it...

ok, here goes...

very long list, so I'm limiting to the big things:

Accelerator pump
adaptive learning
alternator
axle
coasting fuel shutoff
dashpot
environmental
fuel (cold start enrichment, base fuel tables, cold start leaning, etc)
fuel injector (slopes, voltages, etc)
idle (coast, adders for accessories, warmup, ECT, ACT, etc)
knock sensor (timing retarding, shutoff, etc)
maf (transfer function, failed tables, etc)
manual trans gear ratios
O2 sensors (enable, disable, test)
open/closed loop (warmup, tables, time in loop, throttle position of open loop)
returnless fuel pump (desired pressure, voltage, etc)
rev/speed limiter
shift light
spark (advance/retard on ECT, ACT, closed/openloop, per load/rpm, baseline knock table)
system switches
egr
crank fuel
torque limit.

system switches for everything (PATs, Cooling system, sensors, etc etc etc)

I mean, it's impossible to list it all.. well not impossible, I'd just rather post this today...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Ok Steve, fair enough... I see your point. I will see if Meister can do something here for you.

Carey
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
With SCT's Xcalibrator and Quicktune 2005, it will work like this.

Quicktune 2005 Software now allows you to custom tune your own vehicle. You can create up to 4 custom tunes at once on your windows based PC or load and tweak a custom tune we have written for you (you can access all variables Diablo offers, plus a few more). Quicktune's easy to use software allows you to easily build your own custom file. Just select your vehicles modifications from the large list of modifications and Quicktune does the rest...it creates a custom file from scratch. It has never been easier.

*note* - This is not as effective as a custom tuned service and is recomended as follows:

The main advantages SCT has is the "quicktune" advantage. No other software, unit will allow you to browse tons of modifications, click a checkbox and have the software automatically build you a file. This works best for customers who get a custom dyno tune, modify the vehicle more and want to make a few changes to the existing tune and keep it as is or use those changes to safely drive to see us at the dyno for another tune.

Example, if you get a custom tune by us and decide you want to add a Throttle Body, change your gears and shut off the Check Engine light because you removed the cats. Just load the file, and make the changes from the easy to use menu. Any necessary changes to the tune will be made. Upload the file to the Xcalibrator and away you go.

Nothing even comes close to how advanced the SCT stuff is. The files, the software, the technology, etc. Using a diablo predator will allow small changes like 02 sensors to be turned off, gears, but CANT build a custom file from scratch or add modifications to an existing file and have the changes done on the spot. Quicktune is limited from the Pro package because they are meant to be on the safe side. The pro racer packae has FULL Control over every parameter and it is the customers problem if they make changes that are to agressive or should not be done and blow the motor. In my eys, quicktune should not be used as a custom tune replacement, but an aid to work with your tuner to achieve optimum results.
Black 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
Tuned by Paul Meister @ Steeda.ca
http://www.steeda.ca
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those who comment on tuner's experience with the focus, etc I totally understand where you are coming from. You do not want to turn your pride and joy over to someone who does not know what they are doing.

The Focus PCM and Mustang PCM parameters are 99,99% the exact same. Tuning the two are basically the exact same, but of course have slight differences. Even 2 mustang's with the exact same combo will "react" different but tuning them is the same and use the same principles.

Again, on experience...we have the fastest Modular Mustangs in Canada...period. These are race and dyno proven setups tuned by us. In fact, this weekend we just set the North American record for fastest 2V on the stock longblock. 11.4 @ 122

We just finished a ZX3 this weekend with Ported Heads, Race Header, 70mm MAF, Off Road Pipe, Ford Racing Stage 3 Cam, and a few other mods and the tune worked out great. His main issues were drivability problems, and a lean A/F which were immediatly fixed and the numbers he made were right on par with what they should be. 140/126 SAE. I will never tune for numbers, I tune for drivability and safety as my #1 priority. If another tuner want's to claim he will make more HP then me, I won't argue with them because my goal is to have safe, reliable tuned vehicles. 10whp is nothing when it could mean a blown motor or a motor with 5000+ passes on it

As far as Tom and his tuning (even other tunes), he is great. I have only heard great things about him and the work he has done and the great service he has given everyone. We are not here to steal his business, bash him or start a war with him...simply to offer our services to the Canadian Focus Community and Focus Canada members.
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whats a "modular mustang" ... 11.4 is slow for a 'record'... so hopefully its like the v6...
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Good posts Paul, thanks.

Dan, the 4.6 and 5.4L motors are modular. As opposed to the 5.0L.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
11.4 is not slow on a 2V stock block mustang
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT
meister@steeda.ca,Nov 8 2004, 05:53 AM Wrote:We just finished a ZX3 this weekend with Ported Heads, Race Header, 70mm MAF, Off Road Pipe, Ford Racing Stage 3 Cam, and a few other mods and the tune worked out great.  His main issues were drivability problems, and a lean A/F which were immediatly fixed and the numbers he made were right on par with what they should be.  140/126 SAE.  I will never tune for numbers, I tune for drivability and safety as my #1 priority.  If another tuner want's to claim he will make more HP then me, I won't argue with them because my goal is to have safe, reliable tuned vehicles.  10whp is nothing when it could mean a blown motor or a motor with 5000+ passes on it
140/126 for a "tuned" focus with those mods? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Are you sure? And you tuned for drivability? Where's the 14 ft. lbs?

A normal Focus with 140whp NA should have the same amount of Torque as we have seen with several members here my car included.

And this was only:

-Intake
-FS 4-1 header
-exhaust
-Gude Cams with dyno tuned came gears (by me)
-Ghetto intake
-ported stock throttle body

No "tuning" of the ECU at all, stock, no chips.

140whp/140 ft. lbs of torque, drivability was great.

So what do you have to offer? :unsure:

**EDIT**

Here's my dyno sheet. Please notice, this was December 2001 so pretty much 3 years ago. I know for a fact there's much better technology nowadays.

<a href='http://www.jandtperformance.com/img/JayDyno2.jpg'>[Image: JayDyno2.jpg]</a>
I have never seen a setup like this one we did, even the customer said his combo was unique so it is hard to compare to other setups.

He had a tune from another SCT tuner in the US, but it had a few drivability issues and he wanted to put on a new MAF and get a retune. With the old tune he made 2whp more and the same torque as what we finished with. It is not the tune, it is something in the setup stealing torque. I will find out EXACTLY what the setup is to determine where the TQ is being lost.

TQ can be lost with parts such as larger diameter mid pipes (afecting backpressure), etc.
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
svt_rodg,Nov 8 2004, 01:57 PM Wrote:11.4 is not slow on a 2V stock block mustang
Well considering my friend just did 11.4 in his civic with 428whp with tiny slicks... not hard to acheive at all might I add...

That puts him at par with the fastest rwd car with an engine 2.5time bigger then his.

Slow in my eyes.

And per Jays point (which I wasnt going to comment on before) ... It looks like you LOST torque tuning... Yikes.

Theres no way a car with those mods should only make 126wtq...
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
I think this car had a large diameter mid pipe, which can cause the loss of TQ and a few other mods to encourage the lower tq. i will find out and let you know. I know it seemed a tad low, but the previous tune (other then being way lean and having drive problems made right around the same numbers)

428whp and mid 11's in a civic is a lot...and look what it took to get it there. The civic weighs like HALF of the mustang and he probally spent a lot more to get there.

You can bash the 11.4 all you want, go read a mustang board and watch everyone be in shock when reading someone went 11.4 on a stock motor. No head work, no intake....bone stock like it came from the factory.
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
Here's a dyno of Focus Sports head package..you can see the much lower torque which according to me is a result of the Head work.

however they have much more horsepower. :ph34r:

<a href='http://www.focussport.com/images/zxmurphnewdyno.jpg'>[Image: zxmurphnewdyno.jpg]</a>

also, you're saying the 11.4 is a BONE STOCK car? Cuz you had just said stock block which usually means all the bolt ons possible with a stock motor.
tdot-zx3, how much did your buddy, in the civic, spend? this is a stock mustang with very little spent on mods.
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT
Mustang has Exhaust, Suspension, Blower at 10psi with Water Methanol Injection. Capable of 420rwhp, detuned for reliability and safety to 400 and change.

A Mustang with a Blower on a stock block, running mid to low 11's is impressive in the mustang and muscle car community...not sure why it is not to you.

It would take a heck of a lot of money and work to get a Civic to a mid 11.
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
Anyway, to get back on topic...those are the details for the SCT Unit. Much more advanced.
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
meister@steeda.ca,Nov 8 2004, 04:58 PM Wrote:Anyway, to get back on topic...those are the details for the SCT Unit. Much more advanced.
LOL!! :lol: :lol:
Jays2000ZX3,Nov 8 2004, 12:59 PM Wrote:
meister@steeda.ca,Nov 8 2004, 04:58 PM Wrote:Anyway, to get back on topic...those are the details for the SCT Unit.&nbsp; Much more advanced.
LOL!! :lol: :lol:
Double that.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
You can continue with getting off topic or even start a new thread to continue it if you wish...just dont want to run off topic forever
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
meister@steeda.ca,Nov 8 2004, 01:10 PM Wrote:You can continue with getting off topic or even start a new thread to continue it if you wish...just dont want to run off topic forever
Were staying ontopic. SCT flasher is the topic, thats what were discussing.

Sorry to be a pain, but I hope you understand where were coming from. From what I can tell by your posts, this unit isnt anything new to us.

I understand the &quot;tuners&quot; may have more experience, but when you show us numbers like you did with a bolt on focus, sorry, not impressed. :(

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
The numbers were consistant with another SCT tuner, so it leads me to believe the numbers are where they should be for this setup.

2.0L Focus with the following:
Stage 3 Ford Racing CAM
AEM Cam Gears - 0 Intake, -.5 Exhaust
Ford Racing CAI
Minor Port Matching to the heads done by the customer
Longtube header - 1 3/4, 4-2-1 Header
2 1/2&quot; Exhaust and 2 1/2&quot; Off Road Pipe

For one of our first focus's, we and the customer feel the results were great and right on par with the other tune (minus the terrible drivability). A few more car's, we will be able to find all the hidden tricks and HP in these car's as we have with others.

A Car in California, Florida, etc will make different numbers then Toronto or Michigan. My car dynoed 486/464 in Toronto and 501/475 in Florida with the exact same setup. Comparing dyno sheets online are great to get an idea of where you should be, but depending on locations, conditions, etc numbers can be like 10hp/tq off

Tuning a focus is basically the same...but each car (mustang, focus, etc) prefers certain adjustments....once we find the sweet spot, with our own methods, I am sure everyone here will be just impressed as all the Mustang, Truck, Tbird, etc owners are. If not, that is ok too. We will still be here to help in anyway we can.
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE