Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sct Flasher
Meister,

thanks for addressing my question, that's good information to have... very interesting, this quicktune software.

Do you know if it can make files that can be imported into the pro-racer package?

I know the modular depot supplied base tune was off, but I'm curious to see what the "professionals" think a proper tune is with my setup. As I only have one car to work off of, it's difficult to gain the experience a shop like yours can... right now my tune seems a bit conservative at running temps (IAT @ 80F+ and ECT > 205F)

ie.. there was some things in the vortech tune I liked, but don't know what it did... the car warmed up quicker, and the off-throttle idle was a bit more consistent in the just-warmed-up area. So I'm curious to see what others have done.

I'm going to spring for the $75 tuner manual as well..... can never have too much info...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

meister@steeda.ca,Nov 8 2004, 04:52 PM Wrote:It would take a heck of a lot of money and work to get a Civic to a mid 11.

-------------------------------

OFFTOPIC DONT READ

--------------------------------

No it wouldnt cost "ALOT!".

My civic will hit a ~12.7 with 24 inch slicks no problem as long as I dont misshift a gear and shift semi fast. Stock gsr / chipped / intake manifold / 75 shot nos.

And my car cost me in total no more then 4 grand. Less then cost of a focus turbo kit that gets you mid 13's.. All work done by me.

His car has a turbo kit, nothing fancy... internals, and an sc61 running 18psi on a typeR motor.

His total cost... Give or take 12-13grand with the car. But you could do it for much less since he paid a shop to do all the work. He also has full interior because he competes in the street class, and small slicks.

With his new 26" slicks next season, that car will run really high 10's no problem with 420-430whp.

Dont underestimate the civic. ha ha.

BACK ON TOPIC, well, if there is one....
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
tdot-zx3,Nov 8 2004, 02: Wrote:His car has a turbo kit, nothing fancy... internals, and an sc61 running 18psi on a typeR motor.[/b]
My brothers b16b (civic type-r) cost him 5000$ with tranny and ecu.. this guy as internals (which are probably the most expensive na mods you can gets) and he has a SC running 18psi on top of that..

that CAN'T be cheap..

for example.. a guy around here runs 13.7 (i think he managed 13.6 this year) with a stock 02' GT mustang just by removing his headlight and has a cone filter..

now this guy with a blower running 10psi, is running low 11s .. how is that not impressive? the car weights probably twice as much and your civic is probably gonna be gutted to the bone to run 12

you can't claim numbers you haven't run (car not even done even)

seriously im not trying to be an ass or anything but im sure you slap on some cheap nitrous on a mustang it'll be in front of you anyday..

perform the same mods to these 2 cars and it will be WAY ahead of you..

ZX3T gone..
Couple off topic replies.

-This is Type R motor, not CTR And if you know the right people, you can get motors for CHEAP

-SC61 is a Turbo, it's a Precision SC61 which is the "model #" of the turbo

-Forged internals on a Honda aren't expensive

"On Topic replies"

It's just my opinion that the numbers are low judging from my personal car that I had. Sure they could differ a lot but generally they don't. And generally they differ from another car by a couple HP but the Torque should = or greater to the WHP.
hmmm.. there ARE more than one Type-R engine.. i assume you know this. Its a 1.6 type-r.. well ok then, if you know the right people, you can also get alot of other things for the mustang, whats the point? you are comparing stolen goods prices (or deals/cost prices) which could easily be appiled to the mustang too..

SC61.. ok my mistake.. s/c or turbo, same modification comes with both of them..

forged internals are forged internals..

on topic: I agree, the numbers do seem a little low.. i was just arguing the mustang thing..
ZX3T gone..
I'm not sure why the argument even exists here... the mustang we tuned set a North American record so don't tell me it's not good. Sure, lots of 4cyl cars are getting fast, into the 7's/8's or whatever... how does that apply here? If you're not impressed with the record... fine, but it's still the North American record.

We'll keep posting the results of our focus tunes for everyone, then we'll have something concrete to talk about.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
BerinG,Nov 8 2004, 06:17 PM Wrote:My brothers b16b (civic type-r) cost him 5000$ with tranny and ecu.. this guy as internals (which are probably the most expensive na mods you can gets) and he has a SC running 18psi on top of that..
Sorry to go so offtopic but this thread has no good information anyways.

-------------------------

And your bother paid more then he should then. You can get a full typeR legit with papers for less then your bother paid for a civic typeR.

Let me break it down for you.

Turbo- 1000
Internals / Sleeving - 3000
Manifold- 1000
Tuning and Injectors/Pump- 2000
Intercooler-1000
Misc Turbo Stuff- 1000
Head + Headwork- 2000
TypeR bottom end that needs to be rebuilt - 1000
Misc stuff- 2000
Slicks- 500

A civic shell to put it all in.... ~1000

Whats that ... 14-15000? And I allocated more then one should pay for certain things.

Add 500-600 bucks for some tuning...

< 12's, and in my friends case, less then 10's come spring time and the track opens again.

Numbers are Numbers. Thats why im not impressed. Hondas are quick, as much as people want to hate, these silly little 1.8L engines pack alot of grunt.

To me, its all about cost per 1/4 time.

FWD Economy 4 banger with turbo .... RWD Live axle Mustang

You obviously know which has the advantage when it comes to drag specific things. Thats why im not impressed.

Oh and my car.. I have the exact same setup minus typeR cams, which im going to get really soon, that my friend had before he went turbo. So these numbers are very proven as long as my driving is upto par as his. Notice I didnt say.. RUNS, I said WILL RUN.

And I'd goto the track this comming weekend to throw #'s in your face. But it doesnt look like the weather is going to be cooperating. So im in no rush. Spring time will come around and ill have plenty of time to show you then that I know what im talking about. ;)

EDIT!!!!

Check this... Run 12's for 7500+Car

http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Point being, ... Honda stuff is cheap.
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
tdot-zx3,Nov 8 2004, 07: Wrote:Sorry to go so offtopic but this thread has no good information anyways.
does this mean I shouldn't expect my question to be answered?

who woulda thunk an on-topic inquiry would have to resort to PMs to be heard through all the bickering :(

yes but that was note the topic was it? a stock mustang with a blower running 10psi running 11s..

look at all the work you would need to put in.. thats what i mean..

and you are talking about a 1000$ civic... im stricly talking about mods and gains/numbers..

i dont have any doupt that with 14000-15000$ put into a car that you will get in 11s.. no questions there :D seriously.. you better be in 11s.

i was arguing about the mustang.. ok yes it is more expensive yet it runs high 13s out of the box.. you gut out the car and put 15000$ in it.. you should get some pretty good gains i would think ;)

I was not arguing the price of the whole car and the whole mods on the car etc... stricly performance comparison...

add all of those to the mustang. You might not be impressed with the price/performance ratio (only if you include the car price) but that is not what was argued.. it was the gains with the chip and blower and basicly stock car besides thats.. you are putting a completely different engine.. doing some pretty big work into it.. and slapping a turbo on..

ZX3T gone..
same if you do this.. you can buy an old cheap mustang, mod it, put a 150hp shot and your in the low 10s.. whats the point? 15000$ might be even more than needed..

http://www.midweststangs.com/members/79-86/urlosin/

remember that K car that did 10s ?
ZX3T gone..
darkpuppet,Nov 8 2004, 07:14 PM Wrote:
tdot-zx3,Nov 8 2004, 07: Wrote:Sorry to go so offtopic but this thread has no good information anyways.
does this mean I shouldn't expect my question to be answered?

who woulda thunk an on-topic inquiry would have to resort to PMs to be heard through all the bickering :(
please repeat your question and we can get back on topic
Black 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
Tuned by Paul Meister @ Steeda.ca
http://www.steeda.ca
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
it was at the top of this page

darkpuppet Wrote:Meister,

thanks for addressing my question, that's good information to have... very interesting, this quicktune software.

Do you know if it can make files that can be imported into the pro-racer package?

I know the modular depot supplied base tune was off, but I'm curious to see what the "professionals" think a proper tune is with my setup. As I only have one car to work off of, it's difficult to gain the experience a shop like yours can... right now my tune seems a bit conservative at running temps (IAT @ 80F+ and ECT > 205F)

ie.. there was some things in the vortech tune I liked, but don't know what it did... the car warmed up quicker, and the off-throttle idle was a bit more consistent in the just-warmed-up area. So I'm curious to see what others have done.

I'm going to spring for the $75 tuner manual as well..... can never have too much info.

k im done.. be my guest, get that free car of yours and put 15000$ into it..

sorry about the thread..
ZX3T gone..
Foxbodys have probably the best PRICE / PERFORMANCE value out there. I never argued that. If all I cared about was straight line I would own one.

But when it comes to price... and what it is... to me that stang is slow from a budget draggers perspective. When you work out cost / 1/4miletime the civic is alot better then that 'record car'. Plus its hindered being fwd.
tdot-zx3,Nov 8 2004, 03:51 PM Wrote:When you work out cost / 1/4miletime the civic is alot better then that 'record car'.
Dan & Berin, the only reason the mustang was even mentioned was to inform you that we tuned the car that made the record and we're very proud of it.

Holy hijacking batman... :o

Thanks for bringing it back around Steve.

2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
Most people who own V8 Mustangs are not 'budget drag racers' like those who own civics (which you speak about). Look at the demographics of age of ownership for the Civic and Mustang and even the target market of drag racers...totally different ends of the spectrum. I have respect for fast imports, how you can bash a record holding vehicle/record and vehicle that the entire domestic and muscle car scene highly respects is beyond me.

Of course fox bodys offer the best value out there, because the aftermarket has been around for decades and there is a ton of product offerings...and the used parts market is HUGE!..the only advantage to owning a fox, other then less weight is the amount fo aftermarket and used parts available.
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BrooksZX3,Nov 8 2004, 04:14 PM Wrote:
tdot-zx3,Nov 8 2004, 03: Wrote:When you work out cost / 1/4miletime the civic is alot better then that 'record car'.
Dan & Berin, the only reason the mustang was even mentioned was to inform you that we tuned the car that made the record and we're very proud of it.

Holy hijacking batman... :o

Thanks for bringing it back around Steve.
Yep and i think that those are pretty good numbers.. but some "aren't impressed" :lol:

Was just trying to justify why that is impressive..
ZX3T gone..
You're right about the "Demographics"

It's the same in the Honda World, the cheap bastards own Civics and do those up, the older/more rich people own Preludes and do those up, then they move up to S2000's etc.

It's usually people who want more then a "Budget Racer".

Some people want a BRAND NEW car and want it to be super fast and yes, 11.4 is fast.
so paul, when we order the SCT Flasher from you it includes the Ouicktune Software as well right? and if we want to tune correctly we can also buy a tuner manual right? i'm just trying to get my facts strait before i spend $350usd because that's not pocket change to me, so i'd just like to know all the details... also have you gotten around to tuning a SVT Focus? and when you do, can you please post some dyno's... i'm very interested... if you'd like i could be a guinney pig and bring my car into you for you to tune as well!!!
The Xcalibrator comes with Quicktune 2005 and the necessary cables to plug into your computer. Everything is click and go, so a Manual will not be needed....I believe the manuals are for dealer and pro-racer owners.

We are a dealer for SCT and Canada's largest...we will support quicktune and answer any and all questions you have.

Quicktune is so easy, you do not need a "manual"

We are doing a SVT on Friday, our inventory of Xcalibrators is on the way as we speak.

You are more then welcome to come Friday or Saturday for a tune. We are doing Carey's car Friday I believe.
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE