Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sct Flasher
i thought about it but this thing isn't cheap.. will cost me the same for chip and logger than the whole turbo setup together :P

just sucks that these lower end models include looging
ZX3T gone..
Lower end models come NO WHERE close to what raptor can do. A tune/tuner is only as good as his/her data. Nothing comes close to data logging like raptor.

If you want to open another argument about this, I am all for it.
Black 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
Tuned by Paul Meister @ Steeda.ca
http://www.steeda.ca
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Meister, I've read through the advantage help files a dozen times or so... I was hoping to get a bit more info though, since changing option a changes option b, it would be nice to know what option a changes are more appropriate.

(like the bloody ECT/ACT spark modifiers... that's a lot of math!)

also, on a side note about datalogging:

I've been using autoenginuity's scanner software for datalogging...

v3 is out now, and supports millisecond datalogging... even V2.2 with the highspeed datalogging was pretty fast.. about as fast as I think the restrictions of OBDII allow you.

and the support from those guys is really awesome. When I thought my datalogging software was off (but was really the MAF), they did everything to check it, even while in the final crunch for v3 (they let me beta test it).

I don't recommend the pocket PC version for serious datalogging though... one thing I learned the hard way.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Raptor has been proven and tested to have fastest refresh rate and logging capabilities of anything out there.

If you need help with advantage,call me and we will take care of your concerns...or call SCT or Modular Depot
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote: Lower end models come NO WHERE close to what raptor can do.  A tune/tuner is only as good as his/her data.  Nothing comes close to data logging like raptor.

If you want to open another argument about this, I am all for it.
What?! Are you trying to pick another one? hehe take it easy
I didn't try to argue the fact that the Raptor is better than the basic logging but I don't even have basic logging!!

yes its better, but basic logging is better than NO DATA AT ALL (SCT Pro).. im just saying, why include basic logging on the low end and not the high-end product
ZX3T gone..
picking another argument was not intended for you.....he knows who it is for. LOL. Sorry for the confusion

The pro racer package is a Full Tuning Software, identicle to what we, dealers use, except it is limited to your one vehicle.

You have the same tools to tune like a tuner, and would think you would want the same tools we use to log data...raptor There is more of a need to log full parameters when having the ability to change full parameters.
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
Yeah I understand.. yet Microsoft Notepad doesn't include features that Microsoft Word doesn't ;)

just ranting.. sorry..

Do you guys sell the raptor or it would be the same price as from SCT? How much did it come out too..

My Pro Racer cost me 800$USD but to actually take the box from the courrier, it cost me over 200$CAD ..
ZX3T gone..
We sell raptor and will, hopefully, soon be selling pro racer packages

http://www.steeda.ca/catalogue_product.asp?id=2228

We sell it for the same price, but you do not pay crazy brokerage and tax's when ordering from us.
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
meister@steeda.ca,Nov 10 2004, 11:45 AM Wrote:We sell raptor and will, hopefully, soon be selling pro racer packages

http://www.steeda.ca/catalogue_product.asp?id=2228

We sell it for the same price, but you do not pay crazy brokerage and tax's when ordering from us.
I thought only Modulardepot sold the Pro Racer Package.. i think they were given discounts to those who bought the pro racer though or was it SCT..

anyway I'll have to think about it.. its just another chunk of $$ that I don't have hehe
ZX3T gone..
We are shooting to start selling the pro package, but we do not have enough tuning staff to support it and I am on the dyno every free min. I get, so do not have time to support it. I however, will offer support on the Pro Racer package if needed. PM me and I will give you my cell number if you can't get me at the shop.

Also, if you are local and want to use my raptor on the street or dyno, let me know and we can make arrangements
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
Thats pretty cool of you dude.. thanks alot! B) unfortunatly im in the ottawa area.. i might email you though to maybe get a little help on my base tune i got from SCT.. it works but not nearly as good as it could (also the fact that its for 91 when i can get 94 around)..

Of course the big job will be when the setup is complete but wouldnt mind get more acustomed to it before hand so that i don't need to start with the hard part first ;)
ZX3T gone..
Berin, you have a PM
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
I jumped on steeda in this thread BECAUSE:

You guys sound like an ad, I could copy and paste pointless random stuff to from a manufacturers site and say just about what you guys said in this 5 pages. You criticize others for not knowing, but you guys dont know the whole story yourself so it seems.

Claims Claims Claims Claims about software that is just shipping.

Just admit being mustang tuners that you are entering the focus world and you guys are going to give it your all. Steeda/Paul/Whatever... has no stance IMO to be arguing with Tom. But hey, thats only *my* opinion right.

Prove me/us wrong.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Who else in the GTA area or even Ontario can tune a focus? Has anyone with a chip had theirs dyno tuned in the area? Or are they mail order chips with a generic tune? Or is everyone going to the states getting a custom tune by turbo tom or Mcnews automotive or whoever?
Let's give the guy a chance.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
And if he (Paul) is close to you i would go to him my problem isnt with Paul of his ability to tune because i dont know him or his tuning ability

My fuss was that he was carrying on about SCT vs Diablo tell all the good SCT is going to do in the future and none of what Diablo is doing now or has done , Paul do you think Diablo is sitting on there hands and not coming out with new stuff also

Im thinking you have never used the new Diablo CMR or the new Diablo Predators and your making judgement calls by what SCT is telling you

You didnt answer any of my questions i asked

I have used both Diablo CMR and SCT and got to play with some of the new stuff coming out so i can form an opinion of both

When it is all said and done it comes down to is the car safe? Is the car tuned?

Could it be done any better if it was done by Diablo VS SCT , The answer to that is If he cannot tune it with brand A he cant tune it with brand B, One isnt going to tune any better than the other and one doesent do anything the other cant do

The Raptor is a wonderfull tool , got one and use it some but it isnt a must to tune , Look how long tuners have been doing with out them and how well we did with the slower stuff

One of the main reasons i like the Predator for mail order is if there is a problem my customer only has to hook up to his car with the Predator and tell me EXACTLY what it is doing wrong and where and i can email him a new file , Other than that the SCT will do everything the Predator will do

The autotap isnt as fast but it is half the cost and does a wonderfull job for some one doing there own tuning it will work,

Tom
Hey Tom, yes at the very end the car is safe and tuned but I PERSONALLY feel SCT's tools give us tuners a better chance of making safe, reliable tunes. From my experiences I have seen MORE SCT tuners have success then Diablo tuners...but I also know some of the best stang tuners use Diablo (just less of them)

I can tune with anything, but I chose to tune with SCT because of a ton of reason..some of which are business related. I feel their tools are far superior to others. Everyone has their prefrences.

Anyway, this is over and I am sure we will meet at a track or industry event.

Keep that focus running strong!
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
dBlast,Nov 10 2004, 06:59 PM Wrote:Who else in the GTA area or even Ontario can tune a focus? Has anyone with a chip had theirs dyno tuned in the area? Or are they mail order chips with a generic tune? Or is everyone going to the states getting a custom tune by turbo tom or Mcnews automotive or whoever?
Let's give the guy a chance.
The short answer is nobody though lots have tried and failed. For one I offer SHM.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Thats a name I havent heard come up in a while...
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
tdot-zx3,Nov 11 2004, 04:05 AM Wrote:Thats a name I havent heard come up in a while...
exactly.............
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
QUOTE,,I PERSONALLY feel SCT's tools give us tuners a better chance of making safe, reliable tunes.

***Ok let take a look at that and let me ask, What tools does SCT offer that Diablo doesent that can make a Focus safer more reliable tune ?

One of the things i dont like about SCT is everything is in TICKS if you dont have a Raptor you have a lot of math to do ,Diablo has TICKS and voltage both

All through there software there is math to do ,Look at the Open loop fuel , you cannot just take -10 out you have to remember to do 90 oh wait or was it 110 LOL
math work to do everywhere , where in the diablo all of this is done you want -10 you hit -10 its all done

I hear from tuners all the time that the SCT is easier to use , Then i show them the new Diablo CMR and they cannot beleive what there seeing and how easy tuning realy can be

I guess if all you have used is the newer SCT and going there from the Autologic than it is better than what you were using ,But people need to look at all the options out there

Every time there is new tuning that comes out i buy it to see if there is something there to better offer my customers , I have here to tune with
Diablo CMR
SCT
Pro-M
And Sniper coming

I dont use Diablo because of my issues with SCT I use them because they are the easiest to use and i feel SCT has nothing in there tuning that Diablo does not offer

So im asking what do you feel is in the SCT that isnt in the Diablo to offer customers a safer more reliable tune ?

Tom