Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sct Flasher
does anyone know anything about this yet from steeda.ca? has anyone purchased it yet? if so can you please post your comments cause it'd be greatly appreicated!
I beleive we are about to get one (at least) in very soon to play with. I will be at the shop on Wednesday and I will update you guys after that. I'm really looking forward to this... it's been a long wait!
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
Im reading the product description and wondering whats the big deal? :huh:

Seems like what I bought from Tom for $75 cheaper does the exact same thing less 1 program (SCT says it hold 3, I have 2).
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Nov 2 2004, 01:08 PM Wrote:Im reading the product description and wondering whats the big deal? :huh:

Seems like what I bought from Tom for $75 cheaper does the exact same thing less 1 program (SCT says it hold 3, I have 2).
I don't know what you bought from Tom... I assume the predator? Yes the SCT flasher holds up to 3 programs as well as the factory tune. So for me I'd be looking at a program for hwy mileage, street performance, and track performance. As I said, I will get the low-down on Wednesday and report back to you guys ;)
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
Im not sure, but I think I can add more than 2 programs to the predator. I will check when I get back in Ottawa.....
Flofocus,Nov 2 2004, 01:27 PM Wrote:Im not sure, but I think I can add more than 2 programs to the predator. I will check when I get back in Ottawa.....
cool, I'd be interested to know. Just occured to me that the difference in price MIGHT be relative to the extra tune... I think a tune is around 75 bucks so perhaps that's the difference. I thought they were pretty well the same price... will find out.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
Hey Guys, was just talkin to Carey about this and provided him with a ton of info but thought I would chime in. It has been a while anyway ;-)

As far as the features of the Predator .vs. SCT's Xcalibrator, there are none. In fact, the Xcalibrator is a much better and easier unit to use because of its design and of course SCT's technology

With SCT's stuff and Multiprogram flashers there is a suggested price we all follow and i guess it just became industry standard to include the 3 tunes in that price. If others are discounting products based on the number of tunes we will all follow. To write a seperate tune for lower octane for example does not really take that much time so we have never really discounted it.

We feel the SCT Tuning Products are FAR superior because of the people who designed it and their background as well as the 4bank technology ustilized in the SCT stuff, which is a result of Chris and Jerry's background.

We have not done a TON of Focuses, but they are not very different from the Hundreds of mustangs, tbirds, trucks, etc. As far as the quality and acuracy of the tune, you would have nothing to fear.

In a few weeks the 9300 will be shipping with the tools necessary to do everything a Predator can (detect DTC, make small changes, etc)

If price is an issue and only 2 tunes are wanted I am sure something can be worked out
Black 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
Tuned by Paul Meister @ Steeda.ca
http://www.steeda.ca
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meister.... You've got a PM...
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
And you have a reply
Black 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
Tuned by Paul Meister @ Steeda.ca
http://www.steeda.ca
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
from what tom told me, the predator has more capabilities than the sct if you are computer savvy. the sct is easier to use for a dummy like me. the results that i have heard of have been very positive. in a few weeks tom and i are attending a track event together and he is hopefully bringing an sct for my svtf. for my road race car it is one of the few engine mods allowed. a bud got 17 lb ft and 15 hp with it.
will this void factory warranty? i know you can reload the factory program, but will the ford technician detect that the program has changed in the recent past?
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT
svt_rodg,Nov 3 2004, 01:01 PM Wrote:will this void factory warranty? i know you can reload the factory program, but will the ford technician detect that the program has changed in the recent past?
yes it will void any warranty related to the ECU.
garyk,Nov 3 2004, 12:58 PM Wrote:from what tom told me, the predator has more capabilities than the sct if you are computer savvy. the sct is easier to use for a dummy like me. the results that i have heard of have been very positive. in a few weeks tom and i are attending a track event together and he is hopefully bringing an sct for my svtf. for my road race car it is one of the few engine mods allowed. a bud got 17 lb ft and 15 hp with it.
What meister is saying is that there are more parameters and variables available to the TUNER for creating the files using SCT over Diablo. He feels that since the guy who actually wrote all of Ford's factory computer programs now works with SCT that there is some intrinsic knowledge there that Diablo isn't privy to, so to say that SCT may have a slight advantage.

I'll get meister to confrim this but... I think it's also important to distinguish between to notions here... The tuning is performed by a TUNER, using their proprietary software. That program is saved and loaded into the flashing device (XCalibrator). The flashing device hooks up to the computer and installs the program. The DRIVER can switch between the different programs by a dial. So there is no actual requirement for you to know more than the next guy to operate the XCalibrator.

Now having said that, what functionality does the driver have with SCT's next release?? (Meister this is where you chime in again :P )

Most of this tuning stuff is all new to me so I'm learning as I go...
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
svt_rodg,Nov 3 2004, 01:01 PM Wrote:will this void factory warranty?  i know you can reload the factory program, but will the ford technician detect that the program has changed in the recent past?
it is detectable (they can see how many times the computer has been flashed) but they really have to reason to check it in normal circumstances. I know my dealer will be fine with it, I have a good relationship with them (they keep asking when the turbo goes on and what kind of track times I'm getting hehe :D )

If there isn't already, there really should be a sticky for this warranty stuff. If it can be shown that the modifications done to the vehicle could have caused the warranty claim then the warranty on THAT claim is void... your turbo doesn't void your factory stereo warranty.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
BrooksZX3,Nov 3 2004, 03:18 PM Wrote:If there isn't already, there really should be a sticky for this warranty stuff. If it can be shown that the modifications done to the vehicle could have caused the warranty claim then the warranty on THAT claim is void... your turbo doesn't void your factory stereo warranty.
I mentioned this a LONG time ago, but it was shot down as a "stoopid" idea. :rolleyes:
Flofocus,Nov 3 2004, 04:14 PM Wrote:
BrooksZX3,Nov 3 2004, 03:18 PM Wrote:If there isn't already, there really should be a sticky for this warranty stuff.  If it can be shown that the modifications done to the vehicle could have caused the warranty claim then the warranty on THAT claim is void... your turbo doesn't void your factory stereo warranty.
I mentioned this a LONG time ago, but it was shot down as a "stoopid" idea. :rolleyes:
riiiight, I forgot that was a stoopid idea... my bad :blink:
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
so lets get back on topic here, so the SCT doesn't Datalog right? and if we do get a tune from Steeda.ca, does that mean that we will be intailed some dyno time along with the tune to make it run perrrrrfct???
SLIP STREAM SVT,Nov 3 2004, 05:56 PM Wrote:so lets get back on topic here, so the SCT doesn't Datalog right? and if we do get a tune from Steeda.ca, does that mean that we will be intailed some dyno time along with the tune to make it run perrrrrfct???
That would be your BEST bet to make sure the tune provided is safe.
well what i mean is every person, because once they make a base tune... i am not sure if they are going to tune ALL cars after that!
So neither of these systems have the true features of a standalone?

Knowing nothing about either systems Ive learnt 0 reading through all this except praise on ones part because who is backing the product.

Maybe features should be listed side by side.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.