Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Canadian Focus Meet Ever
I was ask to get some ideas from you guys about setting up one of the biggest/organized Focus meets. Right now its just brain storming but there is plans for something this summer.

What would you like to see or what to happen.

Feel free to post any ideas, activites, anything you can think of that you would like to have or see at the meet. Have one big bbq and get together. ? Who knows.

There will also be other clubs and groups from the US also joining in.
Yah, I'd love to get together with all the crazy southern Ontario guys, and of course you prarie folk also.

Even this winter I'd be up for something, but its always a fight for the location, its impossible getting everybody to agree on a central location.
Theres nothing special down here .... were just normal people.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Cool!
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
Apparently FJ is planning on hosting a national meet next year. I'd definatley be in for that, as well as a canadian national meet too.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Would be fun, but I dunno about driving out to Sask. to do it.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
The meet will not be in Sask and is not being put on by Focus Canada nor is it my idea. Its actually being disscused on many other Focus websites.. Right now the only location I can think of is BC.

Right now I know of ppl from WA, MT, ID are wanting to come. I think all the Sask boys should go to. Lots of time to plan ahead. Hopefully I find out some dates.

Post some dates as to when you think would be best. July, August, January?
Aug. I plan to make a road trip out to bc during aug.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
thabrat,Oct 26 2004, 12:21 PM Wrote:Right now I know of ppl from WA, MT, ID are wanting to come.
LOL that's not fair. We do it in Ontario, all we get are people from Michigan, New York, and Pennsylvania... :P

"Stolen Foci meet in Canada"
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I hate to be a KillJoy but the get anyone from Ontario to represent in BC would be a real stretch.

I would think rather than trying to go it alone an official TeamCanada booth or section at this big FJ meet would be a good goal. It is St. Louis isn't it? If yes:

To St. Louis:

Toronto 800 miles
Peg 1100 miles
Regina 1400 miles

To Vancouver:

Toronto 2700 miles
Peg 1400 miles
Regina 1025 miles

Either way Regina is a long drive but to ask someone from Toronto to go 4300km to someplace where there may end up being less Focus's than at Dan's house is a bit too much. Even if someone drives a long way to St. Louis and no other Canadians show up at least there will lots of people and cars.

Obviously there are things other than a BBQ in BC and along the Trans Can but you know what I mean, I think?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Quote:so after the meet at bishops i got to thinking about how every big regional area has a "Focus at/on/in the _______" meet that has a huge turn out.
i wanted to do this this year but it never really seemed to get off the ground.
now if we start planing for it now it will be much easier to work it around everything.

date at this point is useless.
i already have a location picked out, Murrin Lake right off highway 99 about 10 mins before Squamish or 45mins north of down town vancouver. anyone driving on the highway will see this event and hopefully stop and check it out! it's got a BIG parking lot capable of handling 80 cars or so in designated stalls, more if we get creative with parking! it's got a nice clean lake people can go swimming in or even do a little fishing. there are typical lake side park style outhouses, lots of space to setup vendors booths and a BBQ pit. we could have live music, contests, give-aways, door prizes and even a carshow/contest with trophies.

we could call it "Focus in the Mountains"
http://www.clubfocus.net and http://www.zx3tuning.com have already come on as sponsors for the event and i'm sure more sponsors would come once we get this going more!

between ClubFocus, Focaljet and FocusFanatics there are probably 200+ people in the NW alone. plus there are all the guys in the northern midwest and all the guys from the Canadian wide-open 
even people from cali and further south&east might show up.

so i need to find a couple of people who would be willing to help me organize this. this is a serious deal to so you cannot just say you'll do it then not. i want a couple of people from north and south of the border to work together to generate leads, contacts and hype about this event.

the sooner we get everything ironed out the sooner we can start promoting it!
i think this could be a really cool thing, andwith the right sponsor support it would be a killer event.

things i know:

- we will need to rent the parking lot at murrin lake
because of this i think we should charge an entrance fee of like $5-10usd or $9-14cnd per car that way all the money from the sponsors goes to prizes and trophies!

- we need to plan around other big focus events so getting in contact with the people who run "Focus at the Beach" in SoCal and "Focus in the Park" back east so we can get everyone possible to attend. having 2 big national focus meets in the same month cust down attendence to both events! also, i'm sure working with those people who do the other big evenst will help us as we can learn from their mistakes and hopefully get some good info passed along to us to make our event the best it can be!

post up!
basicly the idea was for a huge NW meet but due the the fact the guys in WA seem to be only willing to go and not help out, i thought it might be a better idea to make it a Western Canadian thing.
most of the BC guys are cool with driving outside of BC aslong as we can get a big group together.
there are some 40-50 BC members on ClubFocus who post or lurk with some sort of regularity. :huh:
i know there are a goodf 20+ calgary members and a bunch up in Edmonton. and there seem to be alot of people in the in the big flat provs!
something in and around the calgary area or even further east is very doable.

Myself and Bishop sales along with ClubFocus, FC and hopefully ClutchNet will be sponsoring the event(any additional sponosrs are welcome of course) there will be tons of prizes and give aways.
if we get 70+ cars i will have a car show with trophies for varrious classes and styles.

there are guys who were willing to drive to BC from the wester great lake states and as far south as Cali.... so somewhere in the middle of Canada would suit more people who usually never get a chance to attend such a large event.
I am down with anything really..although st louis is far I would probably do it. I am down for helping organize this thing too...let me know.....Jay and I are both in to organize this thing B)
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
The FJ thing has apparantly moved to South Bend Indianna, just east of Chicago.

That puts it a couple hundred km closer to everyone East of the Rockies I think, a solid days drive for most? Only 6 hrs from TO anyway.

Dates are confirmed and set 30-31 JUL 05.

Looks like it is at the Tire Rack HQ and test (track) facility?

Lord knows I hate FJ and going to the US (in recent years) but I would do this.

My perspective is there have been 3 or 4 "Focal Explosions" since 2001 and I think only 3 of us from Canada ever went to any of them and that was the first one:

-myself (Toronto)
-Euro Ford Fan (Stoney Creek)
-Arsekicker (Ottawa)

Many commited to it but showing up was another animal altogether.

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I was thinking the best location would be around the Chicago area. Might be a need to place on my things to do list.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
The location is going to be the hardest part. Im allready saving up my vacation days :D Hopefully I have turbo by then LOL then the trip wont take so long lol.
hahahah BC

count me.. out
ZX3T gone..
That's quite a drive to go and hang out with internet geeks :P

It's hard to find a location that everyone can make it to.. Makes sense to have it in the place where a majority of the people already are. And if most of the sponsors are in BC, it makes sense to have it there. I'd like to go to something like that, but it's tough to plan around a woman who would not want to go to a big focus g2g and limited holiday time.
im pretty sure the meet will be held in BC. Any where near Kelowna or Richmond is good for me. I got family out there :D
well id say itd have to happen in ontario...most of the counrty is in ontario...hence most of the people probably would be in ontario

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where Would You Go For A National Canadian Meet darkpuppet 42 16,705 01-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Last Post: j.a.dj