Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emissions
When should I be getting an etest invitation. It's a 2002, renewed my sticker in August with 98,000km.
I'm at 103,000km and out of warranty, so mod time begins. I was going to wait and do the exhaust after the etest.
Let me know if you need a garage to work in... Its not huge But it is inside...

Bring on the MODS....
You'll get your invite about 60 days prior to your August 2005 birthday and every two years there after. It's a government money grab, the Focus will "zero" just about every measure so long as you have a cat, any cat.

In 2001 I challenged Aerocharger Jim (what ever happened to him?) to come to Ontario from New York and we e-tested a Stage 3 turbo. Clean and green, he got his sticker.

EDIT: I drove his car after too!
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I just had my etest done and passed with flying colours. 93,000km.

I don't even think once I remove the EGR system that i'll have any problems. They don't even check for that, its marked as not applicable in my driveclean test. I guess just as long as the emissions are ok, they seem to only visibly check that a CAT exists.
hardk0re,Oct 21 2004, 09:37 PM Wrote:I just had my etest done and passed with flying colours.  93,000km.

I don't even think once I remove the EGR system that i'll have any problems.  They don't even check for that, its marked as not applicable in my driveclean test.  I guess just as long as the emissions are ok, they seem to only visibly check that a CAT exists.
[right][snapback]66867[/snapback][/right]

removing or disabling the EGR will make your emission fail, I know it because I've tried, yes although they don't really check for it in visial inspection, but it will make your NO reading way high, I got 2007 with the EGR disabled while the limit was 650
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3