Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking At Boost...
Looking on http://www.focus-power.com and found that they have a stage 1 turbo kit, no intercooler for $2700, and it makes 195 at the whells and i beleive 190 torque...

it says that it was made to compete with the vortec, but has beat it by 30 horse and like 50 torque...and cheaper...

im actaully pretty interested in it...any comments or advice??
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
If you are looking at a turbo, then you will need a few more items, such as a tuner, injectors, etc. then the kit offers. I am just suggesting you take a look at this eBay auction if you want a Turbo now. I bought a race head off this guy and I couldn't be happier with the product delivery, he covered some of the cost of the delivery or the product---almost new. His turbo kit that is for sale comes complete with everything you need to plug and play, including tuning.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7926344454&rd=1
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
That kit is such a good deal ... the one being sold on ebay...
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
I agree. That is why I am trying to get one of you fucktards to buy it. It is a great kit, a good, dependable eBayer, a guy I can vouch for, and a super deal for the price.

Anybody who wants FI and has a few grand should be naked all over this kit.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
"One of you fucktards should be all naked over this"

bahahahah :lol:

(by the way - I'm such a whore lately, post whore that is)
great price but it still comes with a really big and laggy turbo
t3/04 i believe... bot the best turbo for a street driven focus.
dtill you get a full 3" exhaust and a Fidanza flywheel with it?
I think most people agree, Tom's stuff is top notch. From what I understand the only thing missing in this kit is the MAF, Injectors, and Chip/Tuning. You can pick those up pretty cheap, especially if you can find used parts such as a mustang MAF or something along those lines,

Tom has great customer service also.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
That turbo is FINE for the street. Its not too big at all.
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
no, it works on the street, it is by no means IDEAL!
of course it's not as bad as i may have made it out to be, it's not what i would put on any street driven focus.

i'd pay the little extra and go with a GT28RS or T3 Super60 Stg2, both of which are far better suited to our cars in a street application
the T3/T4 is a great turbo if you do a lot of drag racing or serious high speed track raing but a fast spooling street turbo it is not.
i have been in turbo VR6 golfs with a T3/T4 and they don't start to boost untill well into the deep 3k early 4k area...

still for the price you could easily find a nice T3 Super60 and it would pretty much swap right in! :D
define street application .... everytime you roll out of your driveway you dont want to go into boost ... nor 99% of the time on the street unless your playing around...

The slightly bigger turbo wont matter at all ... any car with a t3/t04 is perfectly fine for the street. The size of the turbo wont affect driveability at all. Which should be the difinition for "perfect for the street".

One of my best friends has a daily driven 450whp sc61 turbod typeR civic..... that runs low 11's. Perfectly driveable on the street, comes to my house almost every day. You wouldnt even know the turbo was there unless he went into boost.

Now this setup wouldnt be good for autocross, or a non highspeed circuit... BUT for everyday driving on the street it is fine.

Either your definition of street application is way off... Or you just havent been around turbos enough. Im at a shop dealing with, sitting in, driving them all day...

PS... a t3 super 60 isnt going to spool up alot quicker then a t3/to4e stage3 (which is the most commonly sold) .. were talking like 500 rpm... Dunno if you knew that though.

Also id never put a t3 super 60 on a vr6... thats just gay and your waiting to be laughed at.
judgin from that ad, what would be better???? Toms starter kit on there, or a vortec? for price, and what you get for it?
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
yes, a T3/T4 will work on the street just fine. however, it's power delivery is not what i would consider ideal for a 2L motor. yes it does work. yes it will show good power. yes, it will do a lot of things.

i would just opt for a faster spooling, better turbo on a car that was going to be driven on the street 99% of the time.

who said anything about putting a Super60 on a VR6? B)