Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Headunit?
Ok.,..

I got an Alpine CDA-9811 CD/MP3 headunit right now....a dude from work wants it and I am now looking for a new one...

what do you folks all recommend...

I need CD/MP3,...and lots of preouts, easy to use, a remote, the more powerful the better...

etc..etc...etc...

name some good choices...

thanx
Clarion has a couple nice units out right now. DXZ945MP, which plays CD/MP3/WMA , and the cool thing about this deck is that its completly touch-panel.
A friend of mine just put a DXZ745MP in his BMW and it looks and sounds really nice. It has Dual 24-Bit DAC's for amazing sound quality from cd's .. it also plays MP3/WMA, 4V gold-plated RCA outs, and you can choose from basically any screen colour you want so that it matches your other gauges or lights.

I have a Sony CDX-M3DI in my car, and i love it .. it has a TFT display, 4V preouts and plays MP3.

I would recommend the clarion's though .. i'm really starting to like there head units again
Below Average Car Club
the clarion dxz945 is an awesome headunit. it has dolby prologic 2 and a bunch of other cool things on it. and it only 5 buttons in total.

Clarion DXZ945 Specs
'03 Focus SVT
I have an Eclipse CD8454. I like it alot.
http://www.eclipse-web.com/top.html
My choice would be either this one or the CD5444 Ecilipe or the one FocusGuy has.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
the eclipse retails for $1299 CAN, the clarion 799.
'03 Focus SVT
the clarion is a GREAT unit but VERY hard to navagate. id recommend the 835MC or the 745. the 845MC had a built in HD that allows u to record up to 6 cds and save it into memeory. has controlable sub out along with front and rear output. all pro audio unit this year also have a 2 yr warranty. the 745 is also a great deck as mentioned before. if your interested in any clarion gear PM and ill treat u right. focus canada discount u knows.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
I was looking at the Clarion, Alpine, and one Panasonic...

Clarion DXZ745MP

Clarion DXZ845MC

Alpine CDA-9835

Alpine CDA-9833

Panasonic CQ-C9800U
i can get the clarion decks, panasonics 8400U and certain alpines.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
get alpine for the ipod connection :P
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
I have a Pioneer Premier DEH -P7500MP. I love it it has a bunch of graphics and easy to use!
I got the alp 9835... i love it... the only thing is the mp3 search feature could be a bit faster. its quicker than other decks. but slower than my previous Alp 9815
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
i have the cda 7997 1.3 din fantomface, its pretty cool, getting use to a radio that has real x-over controls is new to me, and i don't have trouble searching mp3's its quicker than the factory one.
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
paul,
why you looking for an amp with a lot of power? All you need are the three pre-out that have a nice operating voltage range. Those two nice monsters in the back will take care of everything else. Unless you are running other speakers off the deck as well.

I personally say go with a nice higher model deck that will allow for x-over, staging, phase control, as well some even have the capabilities of selecting speaker size and location and work that into the equation ++++. It will cost more now, but the benefits are worth it.

If you are interested in the Ipod mp3 connection that will be out on the alpine decks, talk to a alpine dealer, because only the 2005 model line up will work 100% (so they say). Plus I don't believe it is out yet, "one of alpines faults they advertise before its ready" (from an alpine dealer)

2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
i installed the Clarion dxz845......love it , it is a simple machine by some standards but is good really....
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
If you got the $$$ get a Alpine DV-300 or 900 :D
i have an eclipse CD3424...still in box, was in car for 3 months, was gunna put it in my winter wagon, but its worth more then the car...$300 bucks, plays mp3's
-Will update mods when its all put back together...
1998 nissan 200sx 2.0L Turbo
Check it out here
Well..I decided on the Clarion DXZ745MP and I have no regrets..

this thing is terrific, easy to use, clean, and fast mp3 changing...

great headunit..
I'd like to suggest a headunit from JVC. It's the one I want for my own car, and it's not overly expensive. It's from their upmarket Arsenal series, model number AR5000... It's got touch-screen operation, 3 sets of plated outputs, lots of eq, phaze, sub controlability, and being the arsenal series, it's got higher grade components in it than the standard series head units. I got one of them priced at $599 at pacific sound in Petawawa, but Audio Vibe in Brantford would sell it to me for $549 or less. It does MP3, has a remote, 3x preouts, and a MOS-fet amp with a seperate preamp stage. Also, the main facia and it's surround are plain black, and would look a little bit more stealth/less out-of-place in the dash compared to other units.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...