Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrap Yard Meet May 2-3
My friend has been going here for a while now getting parts for his civic. He says it's a great place to get good parts cheap on the Free Parts Day.
Standard Auto Wreckers
2009 DATES

May
2nd and 3rd

June
13th and 14th

August
8th and 9th

September
12th and 13th

October
3rd and 4th

DAYS & TIMES

Saturday
8:00am - 3:00pm

Sunday
9:00am - 3:00pm

Some of you know about this and have been before, your input would be nice as to the rules and regulations.
From what I hear your only alowd hand tools and there is a point on the ground you have to carry the item up off the ground for so long in order it get it for the alowd price. Or you pay a fee. Not sure how much.
I'm going on the Saturday right in the moring. Doubt anyone else will be headed for the Focus stuff. :D
Please say what day and time if you planning on going.

Confirmed:
1 Scorcher000

Maybe:
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

They only have up to 1998 modles in the self serve area. What good is that?
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I was there last week and all they had in the upic area was one ZX3 and a sedan. Both were silver and both had front end damage. Still lots of interior parts on them.......minus some switches :P

They may have new stock by now though.
Blacked-out 06 ZX3 : Eibach Pro's, Tokico Blues, Tri-Ax STS, Steeda SRI, Cosworth 67mm TB, Cosworth Header, Energy Suspension Poly Mounts, PS2, Red & Black Katzkins...
Oh well I'm still going for the fresh kill in the other section and to help my buddy pull a 1.7L engine for something hes building for his GF lol.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

I've been there plenty a time. Like Kevin mentioned you wont find a lot for &quot;newer&quot; vehicles. All you can carry parts day is a ZOO! Double-check in the &quot;fresh road kill&quot; sectoin. Standard gets a little tight about you picking parts off of newer cars. Most of the times they wont let you in there, and they usually try to sell the whole car off as a &quot;half-chop&quot;, so you wont be saving much in the long run.

If you do &quot;feel&quot; like going, here's my suggestion that my buddies and I use to do. Go to the yard a day before &quot;parts-day&quot; pick off the parts you think you may need, and stash them in the &quot;non-ford&quot; section lol. We use to hide &quot;GM&quot; stuff in the trunk of an old Crown Victoria of the FORD section, make a note where the car was , i.e section of the yard, how high up it was lol. The next day we would go directly to that car , grab our parts and get the hell outtta dodge hahahaha!

They will ask you to sign in, check your tool box and what not. You pay I think around 40 bucks per person (whether or not they are there to pick parts). If your friends do not get a chance to pick parts they will credit you the 40 towards another day or a regularly priced part.

Good luck of your treasure hunt. BTW bring some good boots, because this time of the year that lot can become muddy!!!!!
i got my car door from there.. excellent service...door came in great shape and on time...highly recommended....best part was they delivered it to me :D
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
drunkinmonkey,Apr 13 2009, 07:42 PM Wrote:i got my car door from there.. excellent service...door came in great shape and on time...highly recommended....best part was they delivered it to me :D
[right][snapback]284873[/snapback][/right]

I need a few things. I'll be up at 8am. John, call me when you get up. I have to work at 12pm so i need to be there at 9am.
i need transmission plus parts to do swap but i don't have tools and don't know how..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
anyone pick up some parts over the weekend
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car