Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fog Mod & Drl In Canada
The "Fog Mod" for independent running of the fog light is simple in USA cars without DRL. Simply short Relay R13.

How about in Canada, where there is DRL ? Are the instructions modified ? I understand there is a way to make the fogs be the DRL lamps - and turn them off when Low Beams are switched on ? Can someone post instructions ? Is there a heat/temperature problem with fogs running as DRL ?
Talk to Paolo. He's played around with this enough.

Caution tho. I blew two fuses due to this mod... went back to stock after that.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Kalos,Sep 25 2004, 06:54 PM Wrote:The "Fog Mod" for independent running of the fog light is simple in USA cars without DRL. Simply short Relay R13.

How about in Canada, where there is DRL ? Are the instructions modified ? I understand there is a way to make the fogs be the DRL lamps - and turn them off when Low Beams are switched on ? Can someone post instructions ? Is there a heat/temperature problem with fogs running as DRL ?
take relay 12 out and there goes your DRL's.

Enjoy
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

I've been using my fogs for DRLs for a couple months now at least and havent had any problems.

There are the instructions here:
http://www.ofoc.ca/garage/drf/

And a little discussion we had about it here:
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...topic=5408

For the record, you should be able to do the fog light mod without touching the DRL relay.. I dont think that should make a difference.
guilty,Sep 25 2004, 11:29 PM Wrote:I've been using my fogs for DRLs for a couple months now at least and haven't had any problems.
There are the instructions here:
http://www.ofoc.ca/garage/drf/
I notice the model used is not an SVT. Just checking to make sure everything is exactly the same for an SVT's fog lamps and possibly different wiring. :unsure:
Kalos,Nov 21 2004, 01:09 AM Wrote:I notice the model used is not an SVT. Just checking to make sure everything is exactly the same for an SVT's fog lamps and possibly different wiring. :unsure:
[right][snapback]70898[/snapback][/right]

You should check in your manual under fuses/relays and it'll show you a diagram of the fusebox with all the slots labelled. If it uses the same number of relay in the same spot, I would make a good guess it would be exactly the same. It wouldnt really make sense to change that on particular models, since they all have the same headlight/foglight electrical setup.
SVTF is the same B)
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
That's actually my ZX5 in the pics, i've had the fog mod done for about 2 years and 3 months. No blown fuses, no burnt bulbs yet. But then again everything is stock on my car..heh