Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Weekend Project
Ever since I got that heavy sub I couldn't take turns too quickly because it would slide all over my trunk. This weekend I finally got my act together and made the MDF floor I was talking about earllier. It's a two piece floor split down the middle and I put a L-shaped bar to hold my sub in place. Here's some pics:

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/MAlby7/Focus%20Car%20Audio/DSCN5509.jpg'>[Image: DSCN5509.jpg] <a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/MAlby7/Focus%20Car%20Audio/DSCN5511.jpg'>[Image: DSCN5511.jpg] <a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/MAlby7/Focus%20Car%20Audio/DSCN5519.jpg'>[Image: DSCN5519.jpg]
Pretty sweet Mike. Looks good
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
that's a very elegant solution man.. looks good!

How much does the MDF floor weigh?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

how come you didnt just screw the box to the existing floor?

I think that would have saved you time and money
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Sep 19 2004, 06:33 PM Wrote:how come you didnt just screw the box to the existing floor?

I think that would have saved you time and money
Well I have a sealed box and screwing into the floor would promote air leaks. Also sometimes I have to remove the box to put stuff in my car. Also I think this looks better.

As for weight I really have no idea but it's a little smaller than a 4' x 3' piece of MDF. Whatever that weighs would be pretty darn close. Also if I was concerned about weight I would lose the 80-100 lbs worth of sub, the 40-50 lbs worth of amps, the rear seat and the spare tirs/jack. Then I would be super fast.........Ya right!
D-Dub,Sep 19 2004, 04:33 PM Wrote:how come you didnt just screw the box to the existing floor?
There really isnt much of an existing floor.. it's more of a little cardboard lined piece of carpet laying on the metal and over the spare tire indent.

Looks pretty good Mike, nice and clean. Still looks factory.
Don't blow your hatch off now!
Reminds me of the old sailing ships when they fire their cannons.
Open the hatch and fire, close reload then fire another vollie. :D
Smartly done!
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...