Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cel On At 64254 Kms
ok. im overdue for a service, lets just get that out of the way. but anyways, i just was driving around town, got some gas at canadian tire <_< and 15 minutes later BOOM CEL comes on ??? gas cap is tight, dont know if its fuel quality, but i did get 10 bucks there last week and no lights came on then ?? is there somewhere i can get the codes pulled up that is more reasonable than the dealer, the ford dealer here charges me 50$ just to diagnose my car....
i just brought it in last week to get the stabilizer bars replaced too......this better not be a sign of things to come...... :angry: any help is appreciated...obviously.

p.s - i am located in london. its a 2001 zx3 bone stock....auto trans
2001 ZX3..
Mods - Coming Soon
Tinited with Skull decal on front bumper passenger side.
DPFE sensor.
:blink: so i suck at car stuff, i dont know what that is? if its broken do i have to get another ford one or is there better ones out there?
2001 ZX3..
Mods - Coming Soon
Just take it to ford it should be under waranty. Since your car is bone stock they wont make a big fuss like they do with me.
ya im not too sure about the warranty cuz i just changed the stabilizer bars and had to pay, unless the warranty stays longer for other parts....anyways, ill let you know whats up when i find out.
2001 ZX3..
Mods - Coming Soon
A post from a while ago....some good info on the DPFE issue..

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...topic=6679
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
still ain't sure if its dpfe or the o2 sensor.. i wanna fix the surge when you floor in 1st under 3000rpm
ZX3T gone..
Damn that $@%&! DPFE sensor always gets someone, WTF is up with that. I read this all the time on ALL the focus websites....
Ever since I got my new fuel pump, I haven't had any issues with the engine hesitating....then again, I've never had a DPFE fail on me either. :unsure:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
If it is the DPFE not an expensive repair....
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
HOLY CRAP !!!! the dealer wants me to pay 89.95 plus taxes so they can diagnose my car.....thats alot of dough just to pull up a code and tell me whats wrong. i had to pay 50$ to diagnose my stabilizer bar last week, then 100$ to fix...now this...i think i will just take out my motor and install pedals....on the passenger side. either way, doesnt look like this will get fixed anytime soon. :angry:

p.s- is this the right part number for the dpfe... 4U7Z-9J460-AA. i just need to line up my options here.
2001 ZX3..
Mods - Coming Soon
Scanning a code is a .5 hour they are ripping you off.....

ya no doubt.....and the worst thing is thats the cheapest in town, i just called all over and everywhere else is 99.95

*UPDATE POST* - found an independant guy that will do it for 40$.
2001 ZX3..
Mods - Coming Soon
PDW,Sep 20 2004, 12:51 PM Wrote:ya no doubt.....and the worst thing is thats the cheapest in town, i just called all over and everywhere else is 99.95

*UPDATE POST* - found an independant guy that will do it for 40$.
Good for you....

Flofocus,Sep 20 2004, 12:01 PM Wrote:Ever since I got my new fuel pump, I haven't had any issues with the engine hesitating....then again, I've never had a DPFE fail on me either. :unsure:
me the fuel pump recall fixed alot of trouble with hesitation.. but its when under 3000rpm and WOT or maybe 3/4 WOT, the car doesn'T move.. i can clearly see that its running lean too..
ZX3T gone..
OK, the code they pulled up was - P0401 - Insufficient EGR .... any ideas ? they said they would need a few more hours to actually find the problem....so it is scheduled for friday, but if anyone knows anything useful that would be great..
2001 ZX3..
Mods - Coming Soon
PDW,Sep 27 2004, 01:41 PM Wrote:OK, the code they pulled up was - P0401 - Insufficient EGR .... any ideas ? they said they would need a few more hours to actually find the problem....so it is scheduled for friday, but if anyone knows anything useful that would be great..
Forget the "few hours to find the problem" it is the DPFE. In this case going to an independent garage is going to cost you more, lots. Cancel that service for Friday.

Your best bet is to take it to a Ford dealer even if the have to re-diagnose you'll be ahead $ wise. It is a VERY common problem and Ford dealers have done so many they will have you out within an hour. I'm on my fourth one in 50,000km and am surpirsed you got this far.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
It would be wise to take the DPFE advice, I just got 'another' one, and the price has actually dropped on the newest version (released some time this year)

It's now $42 and change (versus $80+ previously) Cheaper than diagnostics either way, and takes a few minutes to change.

-Austin