Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projector To Hid
any one know any good resources for HID conversion how to's. I would like to do the conversion to the ecode hellas but im not exactly 100% sure how I would go about it. I got access to the hid conversion kit for $400. Has any one done it yet?
i've done it to my e-code hella dual headlights... the HID conversion has been on the car for 9 months..

really, it is only plug and play, just like changing light bulbs but you will need to connect the ballast...... the hardest part for me was to find a good spot to mount the ballast lol :D

just pm me if u got any questions =)
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
can you tell us how you did it and how much you paid?
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Sep 4 2004, 11: Wrote:can you tell us how you did it and how much you paid?
ok, about the installation.
(by the way, my english is kinda bad. so if you don't understand anything just pm me or ask here, i'll try to explain it more clearly)

first of all, take your stock headlight light bulb out, and there are 2 wires with metal connecters connected to your stock headlight light bulb, disconnect them (pull them out from the bulb).

then connect these 2 wires to the ballast/igniter (where there's 2 wires sticking out with metal connecters as well, they will just plug right into the stock wire connecters).

then, put the HID light bulb inside the headlight housing, don't touch the bulb.

finally, connect the other end of the ballast/igniter (wires sticking out as well) to the HID light bulb.

now, find a way to mount the ballast/igniter.

and you are done one side.

also, switch your headlight fuse from 10amps to 15amps or 20amps as well which is recommanded, if not your ballast may burn out due to not enough power going in. I've already checked that 20amps fuse for the headlights are perfectly safe for the wires.

i got the McCulloch HID Kit, 5300k, there are so many aftermarket HID kits, prices different between brand to brand, higher colour temp. usually means higher price as well. I got mine for about $280USD shipped, it was from a group buy in mazda6 forum back in November 2003.
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
Quote:first of all, take your stock headlight light bulb out, and there are 2 wires with metal connecters connected to your stock headlight light bulb, disconnect them (pull them out from the bulb).

is this for the stock headlights or the ecode projectors?
thabrat,Sep 5 2004, 08:16 AM Wrote:
Quote:first of all, take your stock headlight light bulb out, and there are 2 wires with metal connecters connected to your stock headlight light bulb, disconnect them (pull them out from the bulb).

is this for the stock headlights or the ecode projectors?
this was the describe the hella e-code headlights.. but it will be similar for stock headlights

btw, i promised you about the pictures... i'll take them tomorrow.. sorry for the delay =p
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3