Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapping At Dunnville Sept 24th
Hey Guys, I'm going to Dunnville Autodrome again on September 24th. If you recal, this is where we do our testing and where the SVTOA on-track event was recently held AND where Sports Car Revolution records their TV shows!

EFF made the comments for the SVTOA day that it sounded more like a driving school than a lapping day. The truth is, there is more lapping opportunity than you can probably handle! There are a couple of teachers there if you want them, otherwise run as many laps as hard as you wish between 9am and 5pm. Lunch is provided by catering and there is a 30 min ground school to start the day - going over the track and signals etc...

Anyone who was even remotely curious about having some seat time on-track should consider this. The brand new track is situated on an airfield, which not only means it's flat (like Shannonville) but there are no walls or anything to hurt the car if you make a mistake - it's very safe. I drive there and drive home.

Here are the details... if you have any questions just holler. I have a copy of the Registration form, just email/pm and I'll send it to you.

ALSO, I will have my timing system there so if anyone wants to get some times we could have mini competition. If there is enough interest, Steeda.ca would consider sponsoring some prizes for it :o :D .

(ps last time I was in the company of a Ferrari 308, 2 NSX's, S4, A8, Carrera, and a Formula Ford 1600 hehe was awewome!)

For those of you who would be interested in driving your own sports car at
the Dunnville Autodrome,
we have an Instructor's Assisted Lapping Day on Friday September 24th.
LAST PRACTICE BEFORE SOLO 1 YEAR END !! INSTRUCTION PROVIDED IF YOU WANT IT
!!
$199 + gst. Drivers Meeting & Ground School at 9:00 am, Lunch Provided. On
track until 5:00 pm
OR
$ 99 + gst. (Half Day) Drivers Meeting & Ground School at 1:00 pm. On track
until 5:00 pm

Mail in completed registration to # 427 - 220 Broad Street East. Dunnville.
Ontario. N1A 1G2
http://home.cogeco.ca/~vette/pdf/IAL9-24-04.pdf

For more information about our programs, please check out
http://www.promosportcanada.com or contact me in person.
Rob Bassett
Extreme Excitement Engineer
PromoSport Canada at the Dunnville Autodrome
(905) 701-7176 (o) or (905) 730-5840 Â
extremeexcitement@promosportcanada.com http://www.promosportcanada.com
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
im in if im in the country. go faster and faster :lol: :D :lol: :D
sonic blue svt on windsheild blue neon Brullen cat back 2.5" spec stage 3 plus clutch aluminum flywheel steeda sts 157 whp
dang bro, I might be able to afford half a day. I will have to pass it with the wife council before, but I will get back to you on this....

I need 1 tire in the rear thought before I go lapping since pat had one half bald on the inside. :unsure:

-Marc :)
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
cool guys, I will keep reminding as we get closer and I will post the link to the registration form shortly.

C'mon boys, you have to check this out... if you haven't been on-track yet than this is a wicked opportunity!! Jump in :ph34r:
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
ok, here is the linky to the registration form. Just let me know if you have registered and I will see about organizing some competition/prizing.

Dunnville Autodrome Lapping Day Registration Form
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
Going to talk the boy into it tonite.................me thinks
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
i'd come out and play, but i'm too cheap to pay for the laps
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
Not with my current suspension. The last few laps with my car decided to give the suspension its final workout.

Still, that track is a blast.
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
So how did you make out 'convincing' meford?? lol
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
He's riding his other toy that weekend.

That didn't come out right.

He's in a show with the horse that weekend............Sorry.

You guys are SICK
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Well I guess you should bring the car out then eh? ;)
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
Just another reminder... it's almost time.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
Ok, so the lapping day is tomorrow and I didn't hear from anyone <_< so I'll just be heading there with a few buddies and see what other stuff shows up.

You're gonna miss a great time, weather is perfect :rolleyes:

I guess I'll have to take the prizes back to the shop too :(

2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
Don't be surprised that nobody was interested. I tried to arrange things for years but nobody ever showed up.

People here just talk a lot of s**t but when it comes down to it they always have an excuse. I would have come but like I said I don't like lapping days with people I don't know. I would rather rent the track with 10 or 15 guys and have a day to ourselves.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
BrooksZX3,Sep 23 2004, 01:00 PM Wrote:Ok, so the lapping day is tomorrow and I didn't hear from anyone <_< so I'll just be heading there with a few buddies and see what other stuff shows up.

You're gonna miss a great time, weather is perfect :rolleyes:

I guess I'll have to take the prizes back to the shop too :(
I'm sorry man,

but you caught me at a bad time. As it turns out, I would have to work tomorrow regardless, and the car is going to the shop for more goodies.

I was off to a pretty good start this year, and then decided I would 'fix' things, and I broke more than I fixed, went away on vacation, came back to a broken and broken into car...

not a great finish to the year in my opinion, and now I'm just trying to get everything wrapped up and running properly before winter hits...the joys of owning a daily driver.

I'm really hoping that next summer turns out a bit better, and if there are any events coming late october, I would be interested... I just can't make gaurantees.

hope you can make it out to St. Louis afterwards regardless....

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I know what you mean EEF, this is a hard bunch to support. The lapping day probably won't see 15 cars much like last time (9). I never saw a car all day... :( I guess that means I wasn't catching anyone either lol of course considering the other cars I'm surprised they didn't catch me lol. Nah, seriously tho, if it's anything like last time you'll never have to worry about the other drivers and still lap TONS. So if you reconsider, would love to see you out there.??

Steve, I figured your car was still 'in pieces' but thanks for the note anyway. I should be able to make it afterward.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA