Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice And A Question?
When the battery in your Focus key fob starts to die you automatic door locks start behaving strangely. I left a car wash, put in P(ark) opened door with engine running to reinstall antennas, closed door and they locked. Locked out of car with engine running.

Luckily I was close to home and had the wife send spare keys by taxi (she can't drive WRX due to manual tranny).

So lesson you can learn from me is screwy auto door lock behaviour=battery in key fob needs replacing.

My question is can the auto door lock feature be diasbled front drivers side only? I want to keep the remaining doors auto lock for ther sake of the kid. I looking for a cheap and elegant solution like snipping a wire.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
why just the drivers side door unlocked? when you pull the handle open from the inside, it unlocks anyway (except the back doors)

Also, the door locks locking n unlocking by themself, I had that happen to my car, and it wasnt the Keyfob, it was a problem with my security module, they had to fix/replace it.
My other ride is your Mom
Cut the power wire going to that door...

Wont happen again.. =P
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
its strange... my svt does the same thing... for some reason itll lock after 2 or 3 minutes on occasion. id really like to know what it is.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
well you could do what i did with my last focus, get a vallet key made just for the doors only & get a magnet key holder that's covered & put it under one of the bumpers of the car using the magnet holder. So if you end up locking yourself out of the car while it's running, atleast you'd have a door key there for you incase you needed one, Incase of being locked out or runing the car in the winter & don't want it stolen while it's running to warm up etc etc......
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.