Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gb On Carbon Fibre Hoods!

I am very happy to introduce everyone to CarbonfibreFX and the hoods they make!

CarbonFibreFX is well known in many circles including the Lancer Evo, Supra and Gen2 integra circles as making the best hoods available! Already CFX has made a big name for them self in the UK market and have a UK distributor in full opperation. Some of the fastest cars around have CFX hoods including Bron Palko's Goldmember turbo VR6 Golf featured in the Eurotuner GP and winner of the dyno comp with 556.8fwhp!!! :eek:

CFX number one goal is Quality. because of this many people will look at the prices below and say.. "but i can get a Such-and-such hood for $XXX?" while this maybe be true, that hood will not even come close to the fit, finish and overall quality of a CFX hood. having the hood on the V6 car and on my Silver car and all the work that has gone into the CFX mk3 supra, i can attest to the quality of CFX products first hand as can anyone who has seen the V6 Focus or my hood in person! ;) CFX hoods are not built for the budget minded tuner, these hoods are a top of the line hood aimed solely at the people who choose; Quailty, fit, finish and good taste above all else! because of this we do not expect to sell huge numbers of these hoods.

each hood comes with a metal engraved CarbonfibreFX nameplate as pictured at the top of this post, AND a Nickle-plated metal hood latch just like the one you see below.

<a href='http://shmee.clubfocus.net/CF%20hood%20fabrics/cfxhood15.jpg'>[Image: cfxhood15.jpg]

here are some more pics of my silver car to give you an idea...

<a href='http://shmee.clubfocus.net/CF%20hood%20fabrics/cfxhood06.jpg'>[Image: cfxhood06.jpg]

<a href='http://shmee.clubfocus.net/CF%20hood%20fabrics/cfxhood02.jpg' target='_blank'>Pic

Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic

my hood it the &quot;V&quot; Weave hood(an extra cost option over the standard hoods, same cost as going to a Kevlar hood) if you look down the centerline of the hood the weave comes to a &quot;V&quot;. it is actually the wqeave itself and not 2 pieces stuck together. duane did an amazing job on it, it is flawless, the line is perfectly down the center line and does not move or shift at all!! the best part, it only weighs 8lbs!!!!! because i had duane make it as light as possible for me at extra cost. most of the CFX Focus hoods weigh about 10-12lbs in most cases.

here is also a small video of how clean this hood closes. you don't need to drop it or slam it or push down on it. all i do is lower it down to the first click of the latch and let it go the last 1&quot; down on it's own and it closes under it's own weight!
watch and listen:
RIGHTCLICK AND &quot;SAVE AS&quot;!
sorry for the poor sound quality, it was down with my cheap Kodak digital camera.

here are a couple of pics of the Yellow Kevlar hood on the V6 Car:

<a href='http://www.momentummotor.com/cabonhood1.jpg'>[Image: cabonhood1.jpg]

and on a Blue RS focus from the UK:

<a href='http://www.carbonfibrefx.com/products/focus_hood_2.jpg'>[Image: focus_hood_2.jpg]

these are hands down the best hoods in the market. nothing compares to the fit and finish, NOTHING. the only hood i have seen that comes close is the Spoon hoods for hondas and even then i still do not think is is nearly as nice as a CFX hood! CFX hoods DO NOT NEED HOOD PINS!!! i have had my car upto 135mph with my hood on and had no flapping or any other problems associated with low quailty hoods!

there are colour options aswell.
to give you guys and girls and idea, here are some pics of what the raw unfinished fabic looks like in the differant colours... (blue, red, standard, yellow).
be advised, finished colors do look slightly different once gel coated.
<a href='http://shmee.clubfocus.net/CF%20hood%20fabrics/Red%20Kevlar.jpg'>[Image: Red%20Kevlar.jpg] <a href='http://shmee.clubfocus.net/CF%20hood%20fabrics/Yellow%20Kevlar.jpg'>[Image: Yellow%20Kevlar.jpg]
please note: the red is more of a burgandy than a true &quot;red&quot; so it will be darker than you would think from the pic.

as for the GB, Prices listed on the CFX site in the products section are $665usd($850CND) for the standard carbon hood and $765usd($1000CND) for the kevlar and the &quot;V&quot; weave hoods, and they are worth every penny you pay!

like i said, they are not cheap but if you want the best hood available this is where you need to look.

prices will be as follows:

1-7 hoods will go for $575usd($725CND) +S&amp;H (add $100usd[$125cnd] for Colored Kevlar or &quot;V&quot; weave hoods)

8+ hoods will go for $535($700CND) +S&amp;H (add $100usd[$125cnd] for Colored Kevlar or &quot;V&quot; weave hoods)

shipping will be about $150usd to everywhere in Canada and the lower 48, less the closer you are to the pacific NW.
each hood has a special box and frame made for it to minimize damage that may occur in shipping. Each hood is insured for $1000cnd (or the full value of the hood) which is included in the shipping cost entailed above.

once again, these are hands down the best hood on the market. i know, i keep saying this but it's true so it needs to constantly be pointed out! ;)

if you want one of these hoods you need to deposit atleast 1/2 the cost of the hood to secure yours. all hoods will begin construction after the closing date of the GB and be shipped out together. at the end of the GB, the balance of the cost owing including shipping will be required before your hood is shipped out. after the GB has eneded the hoods will all be made and shipped at the same time or within 2-3weeks of the end of the GB.

deposits can be made via PayPal to: sales@carbonfibrefx.com
or you can contact Duane at CFX for money order details...
Toll Free (North America): 1-800-421-9390
or
info@carbonfibrefx.com

if a hood is required right away, please contact Duane about it. he will make you one if you need it but you will be charged based on how many deposits where place on the day of your order! if 6 people have placed deposits and you are #7, you are going to pay the higher rate even if 2 or 10 more people get in on this GB after you placed your order. consider that the cost of not waiting like everyone else! ;) :P

once your deposit is placed i will add your name to the list below!

if you have any questions please feel free to ask them!

[color:red]THE END DATE FOR THIS GB WILL BE MONDAY SEPT 6TH AT 5PM PST! ALL DEPOSITS WILL BE REQUIRED BY THIS TIME TO GET IN ON THESE PRICES!! [/color]
Im a big fan of these hoods. Top notch stuff.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
I will have to wait till next summer. I went way to hard on my car this summer...got no money left..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gemini Composite Carbon Fibre Hoods! ZX3TUNING 0 1,191 05-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Last Post: ZX3TUNING