Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spl Or Sql
hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you knew of any shops that had a SPL or SQL machine so that i could test out my system. Preferably something near mississauga or guelp/K-W area.

and also .. what audio tracks do you use/recommend while doing the test?

thanks for your help
Below Average Car Club
spl is kinda of a science in ways. id play a sweep from 20-200hz. that should work. u could go into sum pretty serious math to find the exact frequency at which your car will be the loudest. too much work unless you have a serious db drag car. bah im done talking. play what sounds the loudest.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
So what are you tuning for? SPL or Sound quality. for quality, it's a matter of getting an oscillascope (sp?) and a pink noise CD, and adjust your equalizer so your curve is flat.

I think it's pink noise.. man, it's been a while

SPL is just loudness, you can go to radioshack and get a Db meter, set it in the middle of the car, and get a CD that sweeps to take your readings. Simpler than going to a shop.

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

to bad you werent in winnipeg last weekend, we had an SPL and SQ Event. Alot of SQ people were hitting 130.X db's. The highest SPL was a 151.X on the new thermlab mic or whatever it is called.
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)