Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Want To Buy Rims For My Focus.
I'm running the stock 14 inches now, how high can i go with out screwing my mileage/speedometer/other stuff up? Or should I stay at 14's?
there not 14 they are 15 and you can go as high as 17.
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
Uhh....it doesn't matter because the bigger the rim....the smaller the sidewall is on the tire..

Meaning, the overall diameter of the rim/tire stays the same.

Providing you do it right.
Ask Dean he has the biggest rims possible...... :lol: :lol:
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
I got my rims for sale 17" Konig Verdicts with rubber. Check the For Sale section and check out the post..
Dude, I want first dibs on those. I gotta just see how the money situation is ;)
"No, my sons name is also Bort!"
FocusTunerzx3,Jul 29 2004, 12:50 PM Wrote:there not 14 they are 15 and you can go as high as 17.
If he has the steel wheels with hubcaps then they are 14s. Notice he drives a sedan.. so he doesnt necessarily have aluminum wheels.

Someone posted a link to a rim/tire size calculator a while ago.. you input your original wheel and tire size, and what your new setup would be and it tells you if you're still on, or what percentage it'll be off by.

Just be careful of going really big (like 18+) with a decent sized sidewall on your tire or you'll be rubbing your tires a lot.. Depending on how much of a drop you want, etc. Everything works together so it's a little more involved sometimes.
You can put 18 x 7" rims on no problem with 215/35/18 rubber. No problems at all and have a 2" drop.

You can also do 19" just ask Dean. You got to be alot more careful thow. I seen the APC focus with 19" rims and with the drop they have on it you can see on the rubber where it is rubbing against the sidewalls.
K Bort you got dibs on them. I know for a fact ppl well be kicking them selves if they pass up this deal on my rims.
i got a set of 18 inch enkeis for sale if u are intersted they are enkei rs6s they are white though but let me know pm me
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

heres the tire and wheel calculator. you can enter the size of your stock tires and then find out what size of tire you need for your new wheels and show how much it will put your speedo out.
'03 Focus SVT
Dean was rubbing all the time with his new rims and tires. Don't go higher than a 17" and you will be free and clear of any rubbing problems.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
You can do 18" no problem. I am going to put the 18's on next weekend. With 35 rubber and a 2inch drop your safe... If you want bigger just get your wheels wells modified. Its seriously not a big deal...

I seriously think 18's is the best way to go. Every one told me to do 17" cuz I would rub and etc etc now look what I am doing. If I would of did 18" from the start I would of saved myself alot of cash... Thats just my opinion and tatse.
What about mpg? How will it affect that?
depends on tire too.. but won't screw your speedo much anyway..

can't he go to ford to get it "fixed" ?
ZX3T gone..
thabrat,Jul 30 2004, 12:01 AM Wrote:just get your wheels wells modified. Its seriously not a big deal...
How would you go about doing this and where would you go? like would it consist of getting the vehicle or those panels painted afterwards?
2000 ZX3 - H&R Sport Springs, Fast Wheels, Kumho Tires, MOMO Shift Knob and Boot, Shortened Shifter, K&N Cone Filter