Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Has Components Up Front?
If you do please describe what your system consists of and how you have it set up!
In the Svt... i Have a pair of 5.25 MB quart Refrence series components. (tweeters,midrange behind the grille) external Crossovers mounted on inside of door panel.

In my zx3

Front - Focal Poly-K 6.5 tweeter + midrange behind the grille. tweeter was angled into the cabin.

rear

AVI EL 5.25 tweeter + midrange behind the grille.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Hey Mike if you're planning on doing tweeters tell me when you get them. I wanna do them in my car now too, considering I've finally blown the oem speakers (already changed the back ones)
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
i have a set of Focal Access 5.25 in the doors and the tweeters are mounted in my a pilliar.

scoobasteve, how did you fit 6.5" speakers in your doors. i want to change mine to Polyglass 6.5 in the front.
'03 Focus SVT
i wanna know how anyone fits a deck in place of the stock one its so big!!! maybe ill just get a dvd screen too :lol:
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
To fit an aftermarket deck inside with the factory opening you must get a kit. you can either get the Sony Focus kit = $$$$ metra kit or scosche... i think there are a couple others.

The 6.5's seemed to fit well... i just made a cutout of masonite. and mounted 2 of the midrange holes into the masonite and then the other 2 were drilled into the door. there was a bit of a clearance issue with the tweeter on an angle. it stuck out a bit too much. but we just warmend up the speaker grille a bit, bent it and it fit fine.

The focals and the avis arent in the svt yet, because im too poor/lazy to get the rest of my install together. RE subs, orion amp and my compustar installed again.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Raine,Jul 26 2004, 11:03 AM Wrote:Hey Mike if you're planning on doing tweeters tell me when you get them.  I wanna do them in my car now too, considering I've finally blown the oem speakers (already changed the back ones)
Hey man,

I picked up my components yesterday: JBL C608GTi's <a href='http://www.jbl.com/car/products/images/products_large/c608gti.jpg'>[Image: c608gti.jpg]</a>

I'm getting them installed professionally by 12 volt tomorrow. We'll see how it turns out.
nice kit. if all goes well lemme know. I'd love to drop by and see how they turn out. I was planning on putting them in myself. Best setup I've seen looks like this.

<a href='http://www3.sympatico.ca/azimmarani/tweeter.jpg'>[Image: tweeter.jpg]</a>
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
people and their no power windows, ARGH!!! thats an awesome spot for tweets. i wish i had the room.
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
GlennH,Jul 26 2004, 09:53 PM Wrote:people and their no power windows, ARGH!!! thats an awesome spot for tweets. i wish i had the room.
I got the same damn switch in there, doesn't matter I'd take my power windows any day!
boo power windows lol...
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
Well I went to 12 Volt yesterday and the guy took one look at the component set I got and just turned his head and said this is waaaaayyyy to big to fit in your door. So now I have components in my trunk in a box.

Is this guy telling me the truth or what? Here's the link to the component page:

http://www.jbl.com/car/products/product_de...ser=GTI&cat=COS
6 1/2&quot; is too big for our opening. You needa 6&quot; max, and have them fabricate a mounting plate
2000 Black ZX3
itll work. get urself sum 1/2&quot; mdf or what not and trace the 5X7/6X8 onto it. then center your new 6.5 in the middle and trace the edges. then make a template(i use the grill most times) for the cutout. cut out the hole for the 6.5 then cut out the adaptor. DONE. install it and enjoy. if u were closer id hook you up with plates. s**t ill make um if u canget me specs on the cut out hole and ship them to yas.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
Well I went to 20 Herz today to see if they could do it. I love these guys. Job came out amazing, speakers are unbelievable. JBL Competition Components are just unbelievable. Thanks to Frankie Valenti at 20 Herz for getting his crew on my car.

If anyone needs anything done to their car interior appearance wise, these are the guys to go to. They can fabricate anything. They had a BMW M3 there that there doing up that will have a $30,000 job done to it. It includes a huge TV in the trunk along with hydraulic powered arms that will swing out holding a 10&quot; sub each. This thing is incredible.