Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put My Zx3 In A Db Competition
Well, as a few of you know, I only have a pair of 10's in a small sealed box (seperate chambers), an amp that only puts out about 75-85 watts RMS @ 2 ohms stereo, and my amp is being fed it's signal via my factory headunit/rear speaker leads. I went to the local cruise night in Petawawa at Moncion's, and they had a small booth set up for a db competition, which turned out to be for charity for sick kids. I ended up being the first person to go through on the meter, and I was sure I was barely gonna break 100 db, but it turned out I finished with a score of 130.2 db! I know, I know, that's not much, but it's not bad for my first time out, and considering I've only got around $500 invested in my system...I actually did better than a few people who had spent twice as much or had bigger equipment than me.

130.2 db! Woo Hoo! lol! B)
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Wow congrats, that is definitely a great achievement for only $500.
thats pretty good.

i had a system with one 12 and 250W Rockford Amp and hit 142.4 db. thought id share.
'03 Focus SVT
it all depends on the mic... so dont get all happy on your scores.
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
I think we should have a G2G at a Db drag event.
I agree!! Would like to see what my Sub + Amp can pump out before I sell the bastard...
2003 Sangria Red Focus ZX5.
Buncha Crap Under the Hood... Buncha Crap running out the ass... Big Clunky box in the trunk... Flag on the Roof ala Austin Mini :headbang:
Ill be up for that g2g next summer :ph34r: :blink: :ph34r: :D
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold