Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best / Easiest Place To Mount An Amp In The Trunk?
Where is the best or easiest place to mount an amp on the side walls of the hatch of a ZX3 for a lazy ass guy like myself (not the back of the seat or the floor) ??
Oh and if someone knows, would they be able to help me one day with the installation?

thanks.
My other ride is your Mom
Depending on how big the amp is you could probably get away with mounting it just under the shock mount using some rubber isolators. I've never installed an amp before in such a way, but I don't imagine it would be that difficult (famous last words).
back of the seat? Bleh, I mounted mine to the top of my subwoofer box.
Run your car, not your mouth
cut a peice of wood to cover the big ole gap behind the fender well and mount it to that. it will finish the trunk a bit. too,
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
I mounted mine to my sub box but a second choice would be under a front seat.
Sub box is best, unless of course your amp is bigger than your sub box...which is my case.

So I mounted my sub box to the amp...
Mount it to the sub box (if you have a box that is, and if it will fit), if not, then put it on a carpeted 1/2-3/4" MDF board under the front passenger seat. Just remember that if you mount it there, you'll want to use larger gauge speaker wire (12-10 awg) so you don't lose the current amperage. When are you planning to install the amp? Done it already since you first posted? If not, let me know, and I'll help you out. I'll be home again next wkd for the start of my summer block leave... B)
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
make a false floor using 2x4's and plywood. and have the amp sit on the main flooring on your trunk and have the sub box on top of the false floor.
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)