Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borla Vs Magniflow Vs Others?
Deciding on which exhaust to get any suggestions. I really not looking for loud sound since ill be moving to BC and they really frown appon that. Just want a clean euro sound. Also wondering on CAI which brand to go with for best performance.
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
I recommend either Magnaflow or MBRP. The top 2 exhausts in my mind are Magnaflow and MBRP. Im sure other will also agree. Me wit the Magnaflow and focis8nt with the MBRP we got to compare them. Focis8nt also just put on a shorty header and it is not loud at all. There are cars with just fart cans/mufflers on that are louder.

Plus they seem to be the most reeasonable priced systems. As for intakes there all the same. Just different brand.

I found putting on a open element / cone filter on the end of your stock tubing is the exact same as buying a $200 short ram intake. I got the Steeda short ram just for the extra looks.

As for performance. I found when I had my full cold air I lost low end power but gained some high end. When booting off the start is just didnt have the nice fealing a short ram had. So im happy with the short ram till i get caught driving in +40 weather LOL then it will suck.. Other than that I wouldnt be expecting a intake to procduce any HP. Your better off with exahaust, pulleys and header..
Forgot..

Since me and Jarrod (focis8nt) both got the experience to own more then 4 intakes this is what I thought were the best brands.

Steeda Short ram
Bombz CAI
Volant
I like my vibrant.
Run your car, not your mouth
FocusTunerzx3,Jul 6 2004, 11:39 PM Wrote:Deciding on which exhaust to get any suggestions. I really not looking for loud sound since ill be moving to BC and they really frown appon that. Just want a clean euro sound. Also wondering on CAI which brand to go with for best performance.
Hate to send ya there....

http://www.focaljet.com/shootout_1.html

They detail pretty much everything from install, performance, to sound and finish. Cant get more detailed than this.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Jul 7 2004, 08:24 AM Wrote:
FocusTunerzx3,Jul 6 2004, 11:39 PM Wrote:Deciding on which exhaust to get any suggestions. I really not looking for loud sound since ill be moving to BC and they really frown appon that. Just want a clean euro sound. Also wondering on CAI which brand to go with for best performance.
Hate to send ya there....

http://www.focaljet.com/shootout_1.html

They detail pretty much everything from install, performance, to sound and finish. Cant get more detailed than this.
You beat me to it... :D
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
And to add. :D

I have the Borla....its loud but I havent heard any other focus sound better without this setup. IMHO
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I have megaflow w/ a 30" resonator and I am still alot louder than the guy w/ FS. Before I put in the resonator the megaflow give a very deep euro sound and everytime you life the gas padel it give you a nice "boo boo boo" sound I love it. But it is just too loud.
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
I'd go with Magnaflow, I got the MBRP on my car, it's loud when you first start it up, seems like it quiets down after 5 minutes once it warms up. It's not to loud but being 28 years old, I am not trying to bring alot of attention to my car. The Magnaflow sounds awesome (Thabrat's Car). MBRP is having a huge sale right now, mine came to $325 with shipping (ordered it last week, got it Monday).

I am happy with MBRP for sure, don't get me wrong but if the Magnaflow was $325 at the same time, I would have went with that, I think anyway....
116.2 !!!!!!!! Same as magnaflow baby! :D
I have MBRP, its really really nice. At times, I think it is a little louder than I want, but I'm used to it by now, and it doesnt bother me on the highway.
My other ride is your Mom
Well my top 5 were:
Focus Sport
Borla
MagnaFlow
MBRP
HKS USA

But i think im going to go with MagnaFlow since there is a dealership here and they are having a summer sale...MagnaFlow catback for 423 thats GST included and no shipping...im so psyched.
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
I am not a fan of HKS, have you seen how it installs. If you live in Canada and have to drive your car in winter, DO NOT GET THE HKS. I heard it sounds good, the tip is awesome but yeah.... Here is a picture of it and it speaks itself....

http://www.focusfanatics.com/gallery/showp...&cat=998&page=1
That looks so lame. Looks like you tried sticking a fart can under your car and it wouldn't fit so they did the ricer thing, and put it on some queer angle cause you wanted it so badly....

This is the ONE thing I disliked about the Bosal. It looked like a fart can under our cars. Looks wise I must say MBRP looks hot. As does the MagnaFlow. I saw Marc's Magna on his SVT and its niiiiiiiiiiiice.

My Vibrant looks kinda plain from the back, but I like it. A little on the loud side at idle. Seems to be the second loudest on the shootout, but oh well. :D The ricer in me likes it.

<a href='http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/sweetboyee/Avenger_011.jpg'>[Image: Avenger_011.jpg]</a>
i'd go with that canadian company that is selling them for cheap.. bosal.. or was that MBRP.. its one of the quiet ones anyway..

i'd NOT go with the borla.. way loud IMHO
MBRP is the Candian Company that is selling the Catback cheap....

http://www.ford-focus.mbrp.com
Vibrant is Canadian too!
I've had my Borla for 45,000 + km's and drive about 100km a day, 80 of those at highway speed of about 110km/h. The is no drone at that speed, the sound is noticeable but does not wear on you (if the Focus had better sound dampening you would not be able to hear it). The loudest is of course when you're accelerating or really laying into the throttle. Another local Focus owner has a Vibrant and it is louder than the Borla, with another having a Magnaflow which is equal to the Borla. If I was to buy another exhaust right now, even with cheaper alternatives, I would still purchase the Borla.

Now if you want a loud Borla, try waking up to a '97 Cobra with long tube headers and a Borla XR1 racing exhaust every morning for a couple years. Pretty damn loud on the track too.
I choose the Magnaflow...because it was the cheapest and didnt have to order i can just go pick one up.
2000 ZX3 White
I still stand by my Bosal... Don and his lil Bro put the thing in without a single hitch, in about 15 minutes!

The Tone is awesome, the fart-Can at the back is ugly BUT!! You can buy a silencer for it!! (WHERE IS MY DAMNED SILENCER Anthony?! hehe) or, make one, like I did.
2003 Sangria Red Focus ZX5.
Buncha Crap Under the Hood... Buncha Crap running out the ass... Big Clunky box in the trunk... Flag on the Roof ala Austin Mini :headbang: