Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pics Of My Install (revised)
I started out with the Big 3 but only got done the Big 2:

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/MAlby7/Focus%20Car%20Audio/Big_3_wire_1.jpg'>[Image: Big_3_wire_1.jpg]

Then I ran the 2 gauge Power Wire. After That I ran the 2 Gauge Power Wire To the Rear Seat and split it into two 4 gauge power wires:

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/MAlby7/Focus%20Car%20Audio/DSCN5500.jpg'>[Image: DSCN5500.jpg] <a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/MAlby7/Focus%20Car%20Audio/DSCN5502.jpg'>[Image: DSCN5502.jpg] <a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/MAlby7/Focus%20Car%20Audio/Power_Wire_06.jpg'>[Image: Power_Wire_06.jpg]

Then I ended everything off in the trunk:

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/MAlby7/Focus%20Car%20Audio/System_01.jpg'>[Image: System_01.jpg]</a>

Hey man... looks good.... Did you use a grommet where you passed the cable inside inside the car ?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Wow.

Car audio up close and personal!

Resize those pics man!!!!!

Looks sweet though. B)
scoobasteve,Jun 16 2004, 02:03 PM Wrote:Hey man... looks good.... Did you use a grommet where you passed the cable inside inside the car ?
yah i was gonna ask you this last night.. did ya?
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
I'm not seeing any grommetting action going on in those pictures.. better get something around that wire to keep it off the bare metal there man. Dont want to be slicing through it.
Ya I gotta find a gromet for that
Hey Mike you done good. Gonna have to come and take a listen. How much did you pay for that 4 channel amp? Anyway, if I may suggest, consider passing your primary power supply wire under that larger bundle of cables running towards your headlight or zip tie it down. A grommet or even a decent amount of electrical tape would be a good idea at your entry points as well. Looks sweet.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
hey mike, go out at night and blast your system, tell me if your headlights / foglights dim? i know you got the BIG &quot;2&quot; done, curious if that will help? i had mine out tonight, and whoa! its a light show... inside and out of my car.
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
GlennH,Jun 16 2004, 11:46 PM Wrote:hey mike, go out at night and blast your system, tell me if your headlights / foglights dim? i know you got the BIG &quot;2&quot; done, curious if that will help? i had mine out tonight, and whoa! its a light show... inside and out of my car.
Ok Glenn I'll see what I can do!
Why didn't you just run it throught the firewall?? It makes for a much much cleaner install.

Not bashing just asking?
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
Euro Ford Fan,Jun 17 2004, 01:05 PM Wrote:Why didn't you just run it throught the firewall??&nbsp; It makes for a much much cleaner install.

Not bashing just asking?
I was wondering this as well. &lt;_&lt;

And....pardon my ignorance.....

WHAT IS THE &quot;BIG 3&quot;?
lookin' good so far.. but get that grommet and run your power through the firewall. Where it's going now will very likely lead to trouble in the future like fire and stuff..

also, and this is absolutely a requirement, put a fuse between the battery and the firewall.

I think the insurance companies reimburse you only if the car burns down from OEM parts...

Anthony, the big 3 is the ground wire upgrade kit thing..
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I couldn't find an easy way to run the power wire through the firewall on that side, that's why I ran it like that.

Puppet: Please explain what you mean by the fuse thing. I have a fuse under the rear seats.
MAlby7,Jun 17 2004, 10:01 PM Wrote:I couldn't find an easy way to run the power wire through the firewall on that side, that's why I ran it like that.&nbsp;

Puppet:&nbsp; Please explain what you mean by the fuse thing.&nbsp; I have a fuse under the rear seats.
You need to put a fuse right after the battery.. with that length of cable, if anything happens to it from the front to the rear, your car will go up in smoke. The fuse at the back will only protect you from problems caused by the amps, it won't stop problems anywhere else along the line.

So if the sheathing cracks from weather, chaffing, or anything for that matter before the rear fuse, or your (or someone) does something to unwittingly compromise the cable, your car gonna 'splode.

I'm nervous just thinking of it, and the lack of gromet. (even with a gromet, you should have a fuse right after the battery)

that looks pretty good. how does that sound.

i think for the power wire fuse can be a maxium of 18&quot; away from the battery.
'03 Focus SVT
It Sounds great. My only question is that the ANL fuse holder I have is huge, and there's no where to really mount it inside my engine bay. What do you guys recommend. Here's a pic, where would you put it?

<a href='http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v291/MAlby7/Focus%20June%2015%202004/Engine_01.jpg'>[Image: Engine_01.jpg]</a>
for the fuse, I would start looking along the line the power wire falls right now... I've circled some spots that look pretty big in this pic:
<a href='http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v246/darkpuppet/Big_3_wire_1.jpg'>[Image: Big_3_wire_1.jpg]</a>

But I don't have a good sense of scale, so not sure how the fuse holder would fit... but I think it should squeeze in there.

That wire has gotta move man, just sitting there under the hood hinges just makes me shiver. If you are set with entering in the side like that you could have run it behind the fender, its pretty easy to fish the wires through there. Just don't like seeing it that close to an open area like that. When you close the hood is it possible to see or get to the wire from above?

Otherwise the install looks good, just not sure about that main power wire.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
Malby, ur install looks good, but I agree, u need a fuse upfront close to the battery.
If one weekend ur not busy, give me a buzz and we can meet up and id gladly help u with some wiring, and installing gromets, etc...

-peace
My other ride is your Mom
I personally have my circuit breaker in spot (5) from that pic. there is a small gromet under the fusebox where the wire can go through.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold