Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Zts
Here is my ZTS. I am trying to keep it relatively stock looking.

Ugrades are:

Eibach 1.5" drop
Bosal Exhaust
B&M short shift
A few cosmetic upgrades

I can't say that the Focus is the best car on the road. But it drives better than all of the other cars that are cheap and low on insurance. It also pulls one of my buddies RSX premium. Ha, sucker paid almost 30K for that POS.

Check the pics out here.

http://www.msnusers.com/Timdogg/shoebox.msnw?Page=1

Timdogg
Cool...
Looks wicked.
Where you from?
Cool, gotta love the cd silver ZTS.

All I'd do is paint the whole upper grill silver instead of just the top two bars. I did mine (Both the upper and lower grill) and it looks perfect, like it was oem like that.
Just an idea, if you like it keep it that way.

:)

Jeremy
2005 Mazda3 Sport GT - Winning Blue Mica
2001 Focus ZTS - CD Silver (Sold)
Thanks for the props.

I am from Toronto (bloor west village)

I actually used decals to do the grill because I heard that paint peeled off the plastic due to its chemical make-up. I had them on for a year but they got beat up over the winter and I only had enough left to do the top two bars this spring. If you used a paint and it stuck, what type was it?

I actually just painted the chrome bar on the trunk lid to match the car this weekend. The match actually turned out pretty good...a little buff in a couple of weeks and it should match nicely.

Also, for those with stock rims...gotta love the BF Goodrich Traction TA H rated tires for $115 installed at Kipling Tire. Kick the s**t outta the origanal RS-A's.

Tim
Yo Tim..

I painted my top and lower grilles using glossy-black Krylon Fusion Paint for plastic!!!

<a href='http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/414000-414999/414308_9_full.jpg'>[Image: 414308_9_full.jpg]

It's taken a s**t kicking...but it lasts...

I think it's like $9.99 / can at CanTire and they got tons of colors
Looks good man. Whats up with the lowewr grill?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
By whats up with the grill...you like it or not?

I removed the plastic bullshit that restricted cooling to the engine bay. Used an eavestrough screen painted silver and clipped it in. I think it looks alright, I also think it adds functionality over the regular setup.

Timdogg
I got the same drop you have, but on my S2. The Pro Kit Rocks!! What is up with the bottom of your plate? Just bent up to not interfere with the lower grill? IMO the factory grill wouldn't restrict that much air up to the engine bay but I honestly don't know. Way to go on being creative! ;)
It looks like the grill is 4 different peices :huh:

Could be the pic but if you kept that grill to a one peice it would look a lot cleaner. Just my opinion though.....means nothing really. :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Yeah it does sorta look like it's in 4 pieces. What did you do to the top grill also? Some silver lines on it, paint?
Yah,

you guys are right about the 4 piece thing. It is actually vertical support bars that are a part of the moulding in the fascia, usually they are hidden. So, it looks like the grill is broken into 4 pieces when it actually isn't. I don't think I can remove them though or the bottom lip would become very flimsy. You can also see the housings for the fog lights through the grill pretty clearly as well which is not all that enviable.

You think I should 'night shades' out the front/side turn signals?

I will have to post a pic of the rear. I switched the harness in the taillight so the running/brake lamp is the normal turn indicator (small strip at the top) and it looks really good. Not sure if anyone has done this before.

Tim
wintaborn,Jun 7 2004, 09:37 AM Wrote:Thanks for the props.

I am from Toronto (bloor west village)

I actually used decals to do the grill because I heard that paint peeled off the plastic due to its chemical make-up.&nbsp; I had them on for a year but they got beat up over the winter and I only had enough left to do the top two bars this spring.&nbsp; If you used a paint and it stuck, what type was it?

I actually just painted the chrome bar on the trunk lid to match the car this weekend.&nbsp; The match actually turned out pretty good...a little buff in a couple of weeks and it should match nicely.

Also, for those with stock rims...gotta love the BF Goodrich Traction TA H rated tires for $115 installed at Kipling Tire.&nbsp; Kick the s**t outta the origanal RS-A's.

Tim
I can't remember what kind of paint it was, but I got it from crappytire (The colour was Ford Silver)

Used a couple of coats of clear on it after and its heald up pretty well for two years now.

I did touch it up a few months ago because of some stone chips but it didn't ever peel off.

Jeremy
2005 Mazda3 Sport GT - Winning Blue Mica
2001 Focus ZTS - CD Silver (Sold)
wintaborn,Jun 8 2004, 07:23 PM Wrote:you guys are right about the 4 piece thing. It is actually vertical support bars that are a part of the moulding in the fascia, usually they are hidden. So, it looks like the grill is broken into 4 pieces when it actually isn't. I don't think I can remove them though or the bottom lip would become very flimsy.
Just a thought here and correct me if I'm wrong but those 4 supports are Aluminium right? why not just get a metal paint and give them some colour so that they are less conspicuous? a dark grey or a black would have them blend in to the darkness behind the grille and they wouldn't be as visible. Nice otherwise man.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
The support posts are actually plastic and painted to match the colour of the car.

So, that is actually a good idea - should be no problem to paint it black.

Was it a bitch to mask off the signal lights when you spayed the grill?

Tim