Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petter Solberg Claims Acropolis
One of the most punishing rallies of the year has come to a close but, not without it's share of casualties and suprises.

Marcus Gronholm and Markko Martin, 2 of the biggest names, retired early, Petter Solberg was nailed with a 30s penalty for not having mudflaps on his car and 2 privateer car entries gave the regulars a run for their money!!

Ford suffered a number of problems but, Francois Duval, the lone Ford Driver gave one hell of a performance. A terrific effort by a soon-to-be-top-rated driver.

So, after 6 events so far this season, the current championship standings look like this.

Acropolis Rally Greece--Final Results

1. Petter Solberg (Subaru)
2. Sebastien Loeb (Citroen)
3. Harri Rovenpara (Peugeot)

Overall Driver's Championship

1. Sebastien Loeb (43 Points)
2. Petter Solberg (38 Points)
3. Markko Martin (34 Points)

Overall Manufacturer's Championship

1. Citroen (65 Points)
2. Ford (60 Points)
3. Subaru (50 Points)

NEXT UP:---Rally Of Turkey---JUNE 25-27, 2004
Sebastian is really performing well, and I'm sure Marcus is quite frustrated at this point in the season... It would be good to see markko win, but I would call it a toss-up between peter solberg and sebastian...

Why do I think Markko isn't going to win in the end? he tends to lose his groove (like a temperamental teenager), and could have a few races where he just won't be competitive.. it's happened in past years, and i have a feeling that with a bit of pressure it could happen again.

Peter solberg and sebastian seem to be a bit cooler under the collar under stressful conditions.

just my thoughts of course.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I agree!!

I am seriously betting on Sebastien Loeb to win the WRC this year!!

This guy is so consistant and like Steve said..calm!
Loeb is definetely a cool driver under pressure, all Marko needs is a few years of seasoning to get some experience he has the talent to win he just needs to be able to focus(no pun intended ;) ) on the next race and forget about what happened in Greece.
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS