Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hu Recommendations?
What's the best HU for my Focus for under $300?

btw. I have the Audiophile 9006 with a factory sub woofer, that I would like to retain.
you can pretty much can get any cd deck for under $300..
and they all similar to each other, visit bestbuy or futureshop or wherever and see them in person to pick one you like the most..

i bought the power acoustik, only because of the styling.. it sis coming tomorrow..cannot wait..

don't know which sony model it is but..it needs some kind of module or cd changer to use aux input..

so i say, "no sony" for car audio..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Certainly won't be Best Buy. I had some "expert" telling me I had to shell out $400 bucks for an install kit and adapter harness.
Someguy_ca,Nov 18 2007, 11:10 PM Wrote:Certainly won't be Best Buy. I had some "expert" telling me I had to shell out $400 bucks for an install kit and adapter harness.
[right][snapback]253054[/snapback][/right]

that's probably true since you want to keep your factory amp... i hope that was including the din kit, ant. adapter, and steering wheel controls adapter too

my harness and din kit was $200 for my caddy AND it could only be used if the deck had front/rear pre-outs, so just to put a deck in that car was $500

my regular focus cost me under $50 LOL

2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
ummm didn;t know focus got lots of stuff needed to be installed..??
weird..we don;t have onstar which requires $200 kit to retain functions..

i work at best buy and all you need is wiring harness, dash kit and antenna adaptor which will be around $45 total..

anything above $149.99 for basic cd deck is free installation except harness and dash kit..

if you were picking up something with additional feature built in which requires routing wires and require some extra parts for cd deck, then installation itself is $100..that must be the reason..

it is hard to believe $400 for an install kit and adapter harness alone.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Reliable and priced well.... I vote for JVC.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
i got power acoustik yesterday..
they performs okay, only thing is el glo sheet behind is kinda ugly..
now i need to figure out how to change color of it..
Drivesthebeast,Nov 19 2007, 05:02 PM Wrote:Reliable and priced well.... I vote for JVC.
[right][snapback]253108[/snapback][/right]

I had a JVC in my truck, and it would only play one cd. Meaning, all but one cd I tried to play would skip as if it was scratched... Even brand new ones.

konafocuswrc,Nov 20 2007, 10:11 PM Wrote:i got power acoustik yesterday..
[right][snapback]253216[/snapback][/right]

Never heard of them, but I am starting to consider an XM or Sirius compatible unit.

i have had 2 jvc decks and have had no issues. they look alright and are alright priced too
Interior
Jvc headunit, , Kicker Zx 1000.1, 2 12" Kicker comp VR, Diamond plate floor mats

Power mods
FRPP spark plug wires, Volant CAI
IMHO save a little more and buy a alpine HU you wont regret it.
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
konafocuswrc,Nov 20 2007, 10:11 PM Wrote:i got power acoustik yesterday..
[right][snapback]253216[/snapback][/right]

Besides the JVC Arsenal deck I had in my ZX3, the entire rest of the system was PowerAcoustik. It was pretty loud, sounded really clean, and great overall product for the money. I've not been accustomed to their HU's at all, but I know most people speak very highly of their mobile televisions, etc...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
I got a denon from the mid 90's lol best deck EVER
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
power acoustik is like audiobahn..
they are decent, hu may not as good as amp and sub..