Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo Installers
Hey Guys,

Have anyone of you people had your stereo installed by a professional somewhere in the GTA? If so where, and how was the experience? Would you recommend them?

That place called 12 Volt is near me. Has anyone heard anything about them?
Future Shop installed my deck only cause I didn't know how to do it the first time. Think it was something like $50. Installed my own amp (along with several others now) and sub. What do you need to have done? Why not just get a couple of us to help you out?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
A family relative of mine owns and works at 20 Hz car audio in Woodbrige. They do really good work.
My other ride is your Mom
It's probably far for you but I highly, highly, recommend the boys at Autosonics in Guelph. They've been in the game like 11 years and got another location in...Burlington I believe!!
Ok well here's what I need done and you guys can tell me whether or not we could do this ourselves:

I have to install 2 Amps: JL Audio 500/1 and JL Audio 300/4

- There are so many buttons on these things that I have barely have any idea what they do.

- I have to re-wire my car so that I can have the 2 gauge power wire running down the driver's side of my car which will connect to a distribution block and split into two 4 gauge cables that will power my amps.

I have to install my sub (JL Audio 10W7) into it's box and into my car.

I already have speaker wire runing through the car but I don't know if I'm going to change that yet.

I already have the speakers in, and the deck, but I might have to change the ground on my deck.

Well what do you guys think?
it's always worth the little drive and a few extra dollars to get it done right THE FIRST TIME. B)
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
mMmmMmm 20HZ. thats a good relative to have. there are more then enough able people on here to help you with your adventure.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
Number 1 Sound on college street. ive had all my installs done there :D
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
All that stuff you can do yourself....

But me personally...I hate doing wiring...so when I needed my wires ran I got Glen at Autosonics to do it right for me....

nice and neat...

The rest of the connections are pretty easy...just consult the manual or ask here as you go along..

Good luck man..

should be a kicking system
That doesn't sound hard at all Mike. Just finished installing my buddies 2 amps, but he ran 2 4 gauge wires from the battery out. If you wanted to do it we could have a little install day. Get a couple of the guys over and a case of keiths. Would be fun.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
yeah an install day would be a good idea. 2 years later and I still have a few cables to install in my car, heh.
My other ride is your Mom
well I can help you out....I've done quite a few systems..3 amps...2 amps...wiring...
you can check mine when ever.....also get some dynamat or the other stuff...just let me know...nice too if you get an audiocontrol setup....really works magically on a system with two or more amps....

I will do it myself....its better...you will know where's each one of the cables and a good tune it yourself guide....I'll tell you the little things I know and maybe they work for you..!!!

:D
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
Well ok guys. How many people would be willing to give up a weekend (one day) to help me install this s**t? I'm going to get the box made so we don't have to worry about that. We will have to re-wire the cables because I screwed them up a little the first time!
if your goin to deaden your car dont waste a ton of money on it. just head to a home depot or what not and pick up ice and water. its basically the same only ALOT cheaper. 60 for 250sqft. that will be TONS. its used for roofing. self adhisive and smooth on the other side.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
I would be up for a stereo install day. I might have something to install also... ;)
OK...just say when....and we start getting our tools....
;)
microbunny,May 27 2004, 11:06 AM Wrote:It's probably far for you but I highly, highly, recommend the boys at Autosonics in Guelph. They've been in the game like 11 years and got another location in...Burlington I believe!!
the one in burlington went under

Toronto Paseo Club
see look @ all the friendly people!!!
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
Is anyone on here familiar with tuning JL Audio stuff, because I for one have no friggin idea? There's so many buttons and switches on my amps that I don't know where to begin.
Always...they have gain controls...frequency controls...volume(gain)..controls
bass controls...impedance controls....you name them...
check the manual...you'll see.....but for me the hardest thing is to calibrate an Audiocontrol set up....not installing it....but since you dont have one ..the rest it's up to how you like to hear the music inside the car...lots of bass...lots of highs....lots of mid's.....it's just up to you..let me know..I can contribute to the cause.! ;)