Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Part# For 170 Degree Thermostat
I know this is a relatively cheap and easy mod to do... but does anyone have a part number for a 170 degree thermostat?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Steeda sell thems... Thats all I know..
i would do a search on focaljet about changing the thermostat. there has been some pretty good discussions over there about them.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
Give Paul a call at Steeda or check there Live Chat on there site..
i bought mine for the Focus for like $11 from Napa
Me will find....me not too smart but me will find....me call
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
Did you guys feel any improvements after installing the 170 deg thermostat?
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]
bigman,May 26 2004, 06:10 PM Wrote:i would do a search on focaljet about changing the thermostat.  there has been some pretty good discussions over there about them.
[right][snapback]47203[/snapback][/right]

I just got mine from Steeda. Its going on at the end of march when the car gets boosted. Is there something I hsould know about it...

*going to FJ to use their wonderful search feature :rolleyes:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Focused,May 26 2004, 06:38 PM Wrote:i bought mine for the Focus for like $11 from Napa
[right][snapback]47253[/snapback][/right]

Me too, I got a 180 degree for like $10, from Napa.
IMO a 190 would be about ideal.

180 (which I use currently) is well past the point of diminishing returns... and a 170 is way WAY past the point of dimishing returns.
Isn't the stock thermostat a 195 though? What difference would 5 degrees make?
welding rod.....cool. B)

Welcome to our nest.
Could you elaborate on this issue. I have teh 170 thermostat and its going in at the end of the month with my turbo and tune. Should I be worrying about something. I tried searching on FJ but their Search sucks donkey balls.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Well, you aren't gaining anything by making the car run colder when it is under light load.

If you put in a 180 you will probably find the car runs considerable colder when puttering around. You will also find that the heater and defroster aren't effective until a longer period of time elapses first thing in the moring - which gets old quick.

However you will also probably find that when you run under heavy load that the temp comes almost back up to where it would be with a 198 (stock / 92C) by the time you have run through a couple gears.

I logged it with OEM and then a 180 within the last year or so... it's over on FJ FI.

I really can't imagine that a 170 could provide any advantage at all over the 180.
sorry to go off topic but is this the same welding_rod with the precision turbo kit?
Any way welcome to the site man :D