Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rims
naz,May 26 2004, 09:09 PM Wrote:darkpuppet.. i vote for keeping the OEM 16s and getting some azenis sport

screw getting different wheels

can 15s clear those brakes ?
The stock 16's don't clear the brakes without a 3mm spacer... 15's won't clear the caliber diameter at all unfortunately... otherwise I would have bought someone's 15's for autox.

I need to strip those wheels and repaint them.. I was thinking of killing 2 birds with one stone since I'll need winter tires this year anyways (keep the stock 16's for winter, and be set up with some nice wheels for summer)...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Getting 18s and having stock brakes man thats gonna look like crap especially if you have drums. Keep your 17s or sell them and buy some multispoke 17s, keep your rubber and you could save on that at least. ;)
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
darkpuppet,May 26 2004, 09:12 PM Wrote:The stock 16's don't clear the brakes without a 3mm spacer... 15's won't clear the caliber diameter at all unfortunately... otherwise I would have bought someone's 15's for autox.

a spacer.. like.. a shim between the hub and the wheel? i haven't read too much about that.. but is that safe? the little lip on the hub is that holds the weight right, so that means there is 3mm less contact between the wheel and the hub?
I wont have to worry about stock breaks for to long. I owuld have new ones coming in with the other future upgrades..
hey i know you really like the focus.. but you are taking big brakes, lightweight wheels, serious engine work...

are you thinking of making your focus a 'track car'

perhaps consider keeping the focus as is and getting something else to build up instead.. everyone with a heavily modified car needs a relatively stock daily driver.....
thats the plan. I want to build the focus up just for something different. After its done I will move on. I dont care about loosing money. My car will be payed for and so will the mods. Get rid of it, then I will move onto the next thing. I allready started it im goin to finsih it..

Im picking up a chevette for winter and the crappy days. The focus will be a drive to and from work on the nice sunny days in the summer and the evening crusier..
good luck man.. i hope that works out for you and you don't end up regretting the money and time you put in later on
Its worth the try. Making it one hell of a learning experience lol