Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving Hatch Reverse Lights To Look Euro
ZTWsquared,Mar 25 2010, 04:58 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 25 2010, 10:40 AM Wrote:I think I will be alright.  I have a good How-To from FF and it is very detailed on what to do at the GEM modules and also at the lights themselves.  If all else fails I could always use hand signals out the window.  LOL   :blink:
[right][snapback]303845[/snapback][/right]
Just make sure to paint your hands yellow first - then you're Euro!
[right][snapback]303864[/snapback][/right]

Speaking of painting things yellow, or amber to be correct. I am going up to Vaughn Mills this weekend and checking out the big art supply store there and checking if they have some translucent plastic paint to change the reverse to signals. I could just use amber bulbs but I want a more correct look, without spending $300+.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 25 2010, 08:19 PM Wrote:Speaking of painting things yellow, or amber to be correct.  I am going up to Vaughn Mills this weekend and checking out the big art supply store there and checking if they have some translucent plastic paint to change the reverse to signals.  I could just use amber bulbs but I want a more correct look, without spending $300+.
[right][snapback]303870[/snapback][/right]

Go to a craft store and get Stained glass paint, Orange for markers Yellow for fogs

I'm pretty sure i got Yellow at Michael's
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 25 2010, 08:19 PM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,Mar 25 2010, 04:58 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 25 2010, 10:40 AM Wrote:I think I will be alright.  I have a good How-To from FF and it is very detailed on what to do at the GEM modules and also at the lights themselves.  If all else fails I could always use hand signals out the window.  LOL   :blink:
[right][snapback]303845[/snapback][/right]
Just make sure to paint your hands yellow first - then you're Euro!
[right][snapback]303864[/snapback][/right]

Speaking of painting things yellow, or amber to be correct. I am going up to Vaughn Mills this weekend and checking out the big art supply store there and checking if they have some translucent plastic paint to change the reverse to signals. I could just use amber bulbs but I want a more correct look, without spending $300+.
[right][snapback]303870[/snapback][/right]

why not just keep it white, and get the amber bulbs? :huh: you can get any bulb in any colour you want, e-bay or part source is a good place to get them from.

and the sedan 3 stage lights on the american lights are the top part of the tail light is the signel, the big round part is the brake / parking light, and the white is reverse.

if you go the route I did it's just a matter of opening the trunk and undoing the tail light holder ties, and leaning the lense out to see the back of the tail light to see if it has 3 bulb holders or two.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Euro Spec Tail Lights drunkinmonkey 17 6,012 09-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Last Post: faster_than_u
  Oem Euro Lights And A Few Other Pix. faster_than_u 10 2,801 01-21-2009, 04:00 AM
Last Post: faster_than_u
  Best Place For Euro Body Parts & Lights Drivesthebeast 7 2,182 11-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Last Post: ZX3TUNING