Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Buy Wiring Harness
I was at Best Buy today, and i saw wiring harnesses for Ford's from 1982-1985. I asked the sales person that was there about this, and he said it should work for the focus. I'm planning on going from the stock one-disc stereo system to the Blaupunkt MP3 unit, will this wiring harness work?

I read on the 'other' site that people had to make their own wiring connectors, i'm a bit skeptical about this Best Buy wiring harness. What do you think guys?
wrcfocus,Apr 29 2004, 04:07 PM Wrote:I was at Best Buy today, and i saw wiring harnesses for Ford's from 1982-1985. I asked the sales person that was there about this, and he said it should work for the focus. I'm planning on going from the stock one-disc stereo system to the Blaupunkt MP3 unit, will this wiring harness work?

I read on the 'other' site that people had to make their own wiring connectors, i'm a bit skeptical about this Best Buy wiring harness. What do you think guys?
The one I bought was specifically made for the focus.

I'm not too sure what the make was, but it said right on the poly bag that it was for Fords 1993 and up.

Keep your recipt.

Or drop in on an actually car audio shop and buy one. They'll have the right one for sure.
I gave the make/model/year of my car to the install bay at futureshop and they hooked me up with the right parts.

Post pics, and I can tell you if its the right stuff...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Good idea.

I could tell you if it is the right one if I saw it.
I haven't bought it yet, cuz i thoguht at the time that it shouldn't fit since it specifically said 1982-1985 Ford models.

darkpuppet > Thanks for the idea, i'll drop by to my local FutureShop and ask them, i'll try ro post pics as well once i get it
buy it and try it.
u can always return it.
After my incident with best buy, ill say go to an audio store and pay the extra cash. Best Buy doesnt know what their doing IMO. Or at least at the store i went to. They've lost my business and a few of my friends too.
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
So are you saying I shouldn't go to Best Buy for my new system Glenn? :P
you do what ya want... i just bought a brand new JBL BP1200.1 online last night, i get it may6th. im following it on UPS tracking. haha
1200 watts? eeehawww

Do you recommend any other shops for stereo installs in the city?
streetsounds on erin st, talk to todd. ive had alot of my stuff done @ advance, but todd is really good too. im going there to have my amp gains and stuff checked by todd

do ya think ill have enough power? i just gotta get a box to fit 3 subs now.
JBL BP1200.1
600watt rms @ 4ohm
1200watt rms @ 2 ohm

Sorry for being off topic...
I'll have to check out Street sounds for sure. Hopefully I'll get enough back from Autopac so I can afford a new system :angry:

You gonna get a capacitor for that setup Glenn?

My lights dimmed enough with my last setup, hopefully my new one will be a lot more powerful, and I'll probably need one this time.
im looking into a yellow top battery and a cap if i get all 3 subs going. for now i just want 2 subs. i cant afford a new box, battery, cap. and buy a bike and get my power steering and A/C fixed.
autopac never gives much back... i havent seen anyone get over 1,000cdn here in wpg. if mine got jacked, i have all my bills, and ill fight autopac till i get every penny back.
ya you knwo it
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
for real??
stereo are disturbing, they disturb me and its pretty much disturbing to me to be disturbed and I cant stand disturbtion. so thats why even tho I have an audiophile all package, I get disturbed if the stereo is on.

thank you. :angry:
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
WRC Focus, you need that ford wiring harness... AND another harness made by Blaupunkt. I have the model number here somewhere, I'll find it for ya. Once you have them both, and soldered together, you can install the new HU Plug n Play. Trust me, I know.
My other ride is your Mom

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stock Cd Player Wiring Harness Part # Raine 4 1,762 05-20-2004, 12:27 AM
Last Post: paolo