Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installed Rear Bushings & Camber Bolts
Just installed all of the rear bushings except the one that goes into the rear control arm. Total time to install the sway bar bushing, coil isolators, bump stops, and camber bolts was about 4 hrs(hand tools, at the bottom of my driveway).

The bushings seem to really tighten up the rear of the car. I didn't think there would be as much of a difference as I am feeling. Turns seem to be more stable with less harsh rebound on bumps. Mostly I think it is due to my old bushings being 4 years old and having 95000km of wear.

So far I would say it is a worth while investment. I will update once I install the front bushings this friday.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
I did mine to this week-end. I also did just the rear bushings. Really flattens out my hatch in corners....that could also be the FK Hitec 60mm kit that I installed also. Total time for Bushings and Suspension was 5 hours.

The ride is so much sweeter with the FK kit than just the stock shocks/struts with Sportlines. No more bouncing!!

I was surprised though...my stock shocks and struts were in perfect condition, no leaking, they compressed fine to....I thought with the sportlines and 80K later it would have blown the s**t out of the shocks and struts....

The look of the sportlines was nicer as it sat lower in the rear than the FK springs....
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear Sway Bushings torradan 4 1,771 04-15-2008, 05:06 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV
  Where To Find Rear Suspension Bushings lintlars 8 3,470 05-21-2007, 04:23 AM
Last Post: awang44
  Rear Camber Kit Install j3rt 3 1,825 04-12-2004, 12:22 AM
Last Post: bigman