Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Bay Weekly G2g
Alright, after approval from both clubs on the flyer... the North Bay chapter of OFOC.ca and FocusCanada.net is up and running!

Just a quick disclaimer: this event will be used primarily as a meet and greet, and to show Focus owners/drivers that national exposure IS there for the Focus. I'll try informally to get people actively involved with OFOC.ca and FocusCanada.net, but it won't be a prerequisite for coming to the meet or returning to later meets.

Ideally, this gets more like-minded people from North Bay and area into taking pride in what they drive, and might even get us more folks for Group Buys.

I'm going to try and get us some minor sponsorship to get started. The first meet is scheduled for April 21st, 2004. I'm attaching a link to the PDF of the flyer. You can print this out and distribute it as need be to friends and family, co-workers, etc.

Of course our Sudbury and area neighbours are welcome to come out to any meet. :)

Here's the file: http://home.cogeco.ca/~aweichel/files/focusflyer.pdf

I hope we can get at least 10 interested parties in a couple of weeks' time, and maybe 15 by 4 weeks.

Spread the word around folks. We have a "classic" car club that meets Tuesdays at the Canadian Tire big front lawn in North Bay, and some nights there are over 50 domestics and imports of all vintages on display. I don't see why we can't have a decent turnout ourselves, given the number of Foci I see here daily!

Thanks,

Adam
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
You better start spreading the word up there..... i think your the only northbay member if im correct....
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
*cues monumental task music*

:D

Give me a couple of weeks, and I won't be ;)

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Good Luck :D
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
As I was tied up at work last week, the first real-deal NB G2G will be this Wednesday night. I'm in the process of printing flyers as we speak.

If you are within a decent drive of the area, come on out to Tim Hortons on McKeown Avenue.

I would make the drive but honestly a week night is not good....I am old. Sorry :(
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
LOL I understand!

I'm thinking of trying a monthly or bi-monthly Saturday afternoon setup too. We can go down to Lee Park or the big Memorial Drive parking lot by the Old Chief Commanda, and hang out there. I may even BBQ with the portable tabletop BBQ I have.

Of course, that's provided NB and area stops impersonating Iqualit for cryin out loud!

[EDIT] - was doing some browsing this morning and saw we're mentioned on the OFOC.ca site as a weekly G2G. Thanks Richard! (aka GapBoyPCS)

Going to be out twice tonight if the luck holds, 7:30PM and 10:00PM.

I'd like to walk the night over to 10:00PM, need to see how it goes first tonight.