Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mbrp Or Magnaflow?
Ok, I've narrowed down my options for an exhaust for my ZX3...after doing some research, I've decided to buy either a MBRP or Magnaflow exhaust. I know that I could go to T.O and buy the Magnaflow from Steeda.ca, or somewhere else, but I'm wondering how much the MBRP costs, and where I could buy one. The Magnaflow is less than $410 Bux from Steeda, but I see they also have their own version of a "Cat-back" exhaust...(man, I hate how they call them "Cat Back"...when they are really after-cat exhausts...lol!). I think Dabrat and some other people on here have the MBRP or Magnaflow...how are your thoughts on either system? I know I could also buy a Bosal exhaust from SHM, but I don't want a canister at the back of the car...looks too asian...

Any suggestions/advice? What would you pick....Magnaflow or MBRP?
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
I picked MBRP, but have since added a race header and a HUGE resonator to quiet it down (so i kinda forget what it sound like on its own). The workmanship is top-notch, & the tip is sweet. Some people find it loud but I personally love the sound. Im not qualified to comment on the Magnaflow, but I give the MBRP a full reccomendation! ;)

-P@
I Vtec
I also have the MBRP! On its own, its got a nice sweet growl to it. The workmanship of the exhaust is great, and the exhaust tip also has a nice look to it. It costs arround $400 as well. I highly recommend it.
My other ride is your Mom
that canister keeps the sound down real real well, if you every buy a header you dont have to speend the extra money on a resonator.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Apr 10 2004, 11:23 AM Wrote:that canister keeps the sound down real real well, if you every buy a header you dont have to speend the extra money on a resonator.
I dont know what canister your talking about.... but the resonator was installed to prevent droning on the highway.... and it worked... My car is dead silent cruising between 60-140 km/h

-P@
I Vtec
I will have to agree! I put on an MBRP Exhaust and I love the sound, nice deep tone. The quality of the exhaust is awesome! There was a dealer here in Edmonton so I bought it through them. I paid a little more than you guys because I have a wagon, it came to $500 with GST and shipping. No complaints at all and the company is in Huntsville Ontario. Check out there website to see how much and where there is a dealer near you? ;)

Link: http://www.mbrp.com/MBRP%20B/index_B.html
Silver 05 ZX4 SES

RPM Black 501 18X7, Falken 215/35/18's, MBRP Stainless Cat-Back Exhaust Gen 2, FocusSport Header and Flex, Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Struts & Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, AEM Cold Intake, FocusSport Strut Bar, Pioneer Head Unit, Boston 6.5 for Doors, Speedhut White Face Gauges, Momo Pedals, Crystal Clear Bumper Lenses, Niken Shorty Antena, Tint. RS Widebody Kit Ready for 2010...!

Fat Guy in Small Car...
where could i pick up a "after cat" MBRP in the GTA?
2003 Zx3 French Blue
Ummm. I wouldnt choose MBRP quite yet. I will post a video of the Magnaflow for you that I got. It may chnage your mind. :D
Pat Im talking about the canister on my Bosal
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
_JC_,Apr 10 2004, 02:05 PM Wrote:where could i pick up a "after cat" MBRP in the GTA?
after cat? I never heard anyone call it by that before! I usually hear ppl refering to it as a Flex-Back.
Hehe, he called it that just to avoid angering Drivesthebeast... If you read his original post he speaks his mind on the term "cat-back" ;)

Whered you get yours again paolo?

-P@
I Vtec
P@, I got mine from CTA Motorsports. I still think the MBRP looks better than the Bosal/SHM knock off setup. Idunno, but that big cannon on the back of the Bosal looks out of place to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Magnaflow :( Please Read Magnaflow Guys ZX3TUNR 23 4,444 08-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Last Post: BerinG