Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.0g Focus?
So what is it going to take to make a Focus ZTS a 1.0g car?

Seriously, and how the heck do you measure g force anyway?

To start I've got H&R coilovers, and a progress rear sway bar.
What tires would be best, options would have to fit either 17x7 or the stock 16x6.5 (I think)

This is kind of a like to know and maybe try thing.

Jeremy
2005 Mazda3 Sport GT - Winning Blue Mica
2001 Focus ZTS - CD Silver (Sold)
i dont know about the suspension but everytime you post a message, the only thing i see is those big ass tits on the left hehehe.. sorry :P

dunno easy/hard it would be to attain 1g
ZX3T gone..
BerinG,Apr 8 2004, 09:48 AM Wrote:i dont know about the suspension but everytime you post a message, the only thing i see is those big ass tits on the left
Same here. That's a great fukin avatar man.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
R compound tires will help. And a banked corner.

And that better not be my SISTER!!!
Raine,Apr 8 2004, 02:51 PM Wrote:
BerinG,Apr 8 2004, 09:48 AM Wrote:i dont know about the suspension but everytime you post a message, the only thing i see is those big ass tits on the left
hahaha dam right.. I knew i couldnt possibly be the only one

sorry back on topic
ZX3T gone..
The first thing you need to do is remove the backseats and panels, spare tire/jack . I doubt the panels even matter. They weigh hardly anything. Remove passenger seat, middle console. Its hard to say. Even with all that remove you have a way to go..
BerinG,Apr 8 2004, 11:00 AM Wrote:
Raine,Apr 8 2004, 02:51 PM Wrote:
hahaha dam right.. I knew i couldnt possibly be the only one

sorry back on topic
Thanks guys, they are nice set of bewbies. 34D, that's all I'm a liberty to say.
thabrat's is pretty nice too. darkpuppets new one makes me laugh every time I see it.

Jeremy

thabrat,Apr 8 2004, 11:12 AM Wrote:The first thing you need to do is remove the backseats and panels, spare tire/jack .  I doubt the panels even matter. They weigh hardly anything. Remove passenger seat, middle console. Its hard to say. Even with all that remove you have a way to go..
I was thinking weight reduction would be key. Get some good tires. Pull everything but the drivers seat.

I doubt all pull any panels, 'cause like you said they weigh almost nothing.
Centre console maybe because other then storage space its pretty useless.

The thing with pulling stuff out is when I need it I can put it back.

Lots of thinking to do, I do still want the car to have all the needed functionality.
It isn't a daily driver, but is a grocery getter.

Jeremy
JSI,Apr 8 2004, 03:37 PM Wrote:
thabrat,Apr 8 2004, 11:12 AM Wrote:The first thing you need to do is remove the backseats and panels, spare tire/jack .  I doubt the panels even matter. They weigh hardly anything. Remove passenger seat, middle console. Its hard to say. Even with all that remove you have a way to go..
I was thinking weight reduction would be key. Get some good tires. Pull everything but the drivers seat.

I doubt all pull any panels, 'cause like you said they weigh almost nothing.
Centre console maybe because other then storage space its pretty useless.

The thing with pulling stuff out is when I need it I can put it back.

Lots of thinking to do, I do still want the car to have all the needed functionality.
It isn't a daily driver, but is a grocery getter.

Jeremy
hah yep.. thabrat's one is pretty nice ;)
ZX3T gone..
if you threw a set of hoosiers on the car i think you can get 1.0g on a gtech

i think that going around a circle in steady state like that.. is mostly a function of the tires on the car.

the suspension i don't think makes so much of a difference if you are just trying to go around a circle in steady state as fast as possible

h&r coilovers.. are you talking the full coilver setup.. damn isn't that well over 1000usd? blingy blingy.. you are probably wasting it if you aren't running at least azenis sport IMHO
konis and a good spring... (h&r coilovers would do)...
*good tires*
sway bars
lighten the car

and i bet you could do it. p51's given the formula a couple times on sites... im pretty sure thats all it came down to.

You could cheat and just put on straight full R compounds and probably get close to a G stock... :lol:
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
tdot-zx3,Apr 8 2004, 08:38 PM Wrote:You could cheat and just put on straight full R compounds and probably get close to a G stock... :lol:
is that really cheating though?

if you look at the rubber on the cars that can do 1g stock, they have really aggressive tires
well cheating .. cus ... G numbers just like any other number means sometimes nothing in the real world....

when i say cheating .. i mean .. not good representation of the car.

cus you can hit a G on the skidpad but that doesnt mean your car will perform well on a track ....

but you already know this.. =P
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
my vote as always goes with keep focus stock and get r comps :)
Quote:my vote as always goes with keep focus stock and get r comps

hmmm....I wonder what my completely non stock focus would do with r-comps...and more importantly someone who can push it....like ...I ....dunno ....me for instance.......

naz....there is always value in my eyes in a properly set up suspension....it can only make the r-comps do more of what they do best......it is however difficult to imagine that most people would even have a clue how to keep a tire like that/those at peak....it is tough enough to keep a good street only tire at peak....assuming anyone even knows what I mean here.....
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
I rather have aG of accelation(sp) :lol: corners are for wussies liek DAD :rolleyes:
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
dad,Apr 9 2004, 01:15 AM Wrote:hmmm....I wonder what my completely non stock focus would do with r-comps...and more importantly someone who can push it....like ...I ....dunno ....me for instance.......
you should find out.. i'm sure you could reel in some expensive machinery

Quote:hmmm....I wonder what my completely non stock focus would do with r-comps...and more importantly someone who can push it....like ...I ....dunno ....me for instance.......

man I must have forgot to take my arrogant pills yesterday ...cause that comes off pretty bad......
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
DD1,Apr 8 2004, 09:32 PM Wrote:I rather have aG of accelation(sp) :lol: corners are for wussies liek DAD :rolleyes:
Any driver can drive a fast car in a straight line, but it takes a good driver to drive it fast through the twisties.

Anyway, I want to make this car handle before I give it power.

Jeremy