Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relocating The Spare
Topic says it all. I'm looking to move the donut, but I want to keep it in the car just in case. (Working at home depot and at Jobsites, I have a tendancy of picking up nails in my tyres and it's not safe to be without the spare). Any suggestions?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
well.. in the engine compartment like an old subaru won't work. under the car like a truck won't either, no space under the front seats

so either you are gonna stick it on the roof, bolt it to the outside of the hatch, have it the passenger area somewhere (i'm guessing behind the front seat in a footwell is possible

really you are stuck where it is i think... where it is right now is the most logical place IMHO.
naz,Apr 4 2004, 06:16 PM Wrote:well.. in the engine compartment like an old subaru won't work. under the car like a truck won't either, no space under the front seats

so either you are gonna stick it on the roof, bolt it to the outside of the hatch, have it the passenger area somewhere (i'm guessing behind the front seat in a footwell is possible

really you are stuck where it is i think... where it is right now is the most logical place IMHO.
I think that about sums it about... I hope you weren't execting replies with some magical secret place for the spare to go...

;)
2003 ZX3 French Blue; 25/35% tint; shorty antenna; apc clear corners; JVC MP3/CD HU; Sherwood 180W BP Series AMP; Alpine 11-band DSP with BBE processing; 4x Pioneer TS-A6870R 6" x 8" speakers; custom-made 4AWG engine grounding wires
Hehehe no, but was thinking people were a little more creative than me. Like perhaps there was a little area on the underside where it could be bolted inconspicuously that someone came across, or something along those lines.

That's just crappy. Oh well, thanks anyway
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
have you ever looked underneath the car? you would answer your question instantly i think if you did... :)

why do you wanna move it anyway?

if you really absolutely hate having a spare, you could drop some cash for tire pressure monitors and run flat tires and you wouldn't even need a spare at all.
Not to hijack your thread, but it is kinda related. Will a full size spare fit in the space already provided for out doughnut spare? More importantly the stock 16's
wrcfocus,Apr 5 2004, 02:30 AM Wrote:Not to hijack your thread, but it is kinda related. Will a full size spare fit in the space already provided for out doughnut spare? More importantly the stock 16's
no

i tried to stuff one of my winter tires (195/60/15) into the spare tire space.. no chance. not even close
naz,Apr 5 2004, 02:46 AM Wrote:
wrcfocus,Apr 5 2004, 02:30 AM Wrote:Not to hijack your thread, but it is kinda related. Will a full size spare fit in the space already provided for out doughnut spare? More importantly the stock 16's
no

i tried to stuff one of my winter tires (195/60/15) into the spare tire space.. no chance. not even close
The 14" steelies I use for the winter fit no prob'.

Its a 185/65/R14. In the winter I have the skinny donut back there, but in the summer I put one of the winter rims in back.

Jeremy
2005 Mazda3 Sport GT - Winning Blue Mica
2001 Focus ZTS - CD Silver (Sold)
There's no place to put it...so instead it's called CAA!

:D They'll tow you home to your spare tire..or fix your flat if they can..WOOT!