Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo Removal Tool?
I need to pop the oem headunit out and need the tools. Unless it can be done easily enough with coat hangers !!

Second Q, would it be suitable to mount a cd changer under the driver or pass. seat? I am worried about it getting kicked from the back seat.
besides the trunk area, any other mounting location suggestions.
A CD changer will fit perfect in the glove box.

I used coat hangers wrapped in hockey tape to get my deck out.

Worked like a charm!
You can pick up the fancy DIN removal tools from most Wal-marts, they're about $6 or so, and it's just a bit of bent wire. Shouldnt be too hard with coat hangers..
Coat hangers work the best. I bought the tool and they didnt work for me..
Jeremy man.

I just put my new deck in yesterday...use coathangers on the stocker...it takes 5 seconds..

:)
sweet, got it out, identified the wires i need, couple other small details and i will be ready to install.

What is the green connector on the back of the OEM HU? is that for the ford amp/sub?
my hu is the 4600N if that helps?
j3rt,Apr 4 2004, 10:30 AM Wrote:sweet, got it out, identified the wires i need, couple other small details and i will be ready to install.

What is the green connector on the back of the OEM HU? is that for the ford amp/sub?
my hu is the 4600N if that helps?
Is the green wire the one all by itself, with it's own harness attachment? If so, that is connected to the transmission I believe, to sense the speed of the car and change the volume of the radio accordingly. You won't need it with your aftermarket HU, because I don't think any of them support this feature. :(

2003 ZX3 French Blue; 25/35% tint; shorty antenna; apc clear corners; JVC MP3/CD HU; Sherwood 180W BP Series AMP; Alpine 11-band DSP with BBE processing; 4x Pioneer TS-A6870R 6" x 8" speakers; custom-made 4AWG engine grounding wires
The green wire is for the dashboard dimmer and that annoying sound feature that makes the stereo go louder while accelerating.
No on both counts guys. I know which wire you are refer to, it's the white/green one.
The connector port i should say is a 12 pin, roughly squarish. It's on the opposite side of the other 3 connectors.
Right now there is nothing connected to it. I suspect it may be for the factory cd changer.

No new HU for me, sticking with stock, just an RF cd changer w/mp3.
ANTHONYD,Apr 4 2004, 06:24 PM Wrote:The green wire is for the dashboard dimmer and that annoying sound feature that makes the stereo go louder while accelerating.
Annoying? I kinda liked it. I miss it now. :(
2003 ZX3 French Blue; 25/35% tint; shorty antenna; apc clear corners; JVC MP3/CD HU; Sherwood 180W BP Series AMP; Alpine 11-band DSP with BBE processing; 4x Pioneer TS-A6870R 6" x 8" speakers; custom-made 4AWG engine grounding wires

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  09+ Focus Stereo Removal? 4doorfocus 4 3,123 02-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Last Post: konafocuswrc