Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tb Help Please.
Hey there,

I just installed my Tb and its fine when I start it but after driving around I put it in neutral and the rpms stay aroung 2000 then drop to 1500 then to normal. Really weird. Does anyone know how to fix this? I took out the tb already and resealed it, resetted the Ecu and still nothing. Have I messed up the TPS sensor? I dont have a CEL showing up.

Thank you

Mark L.
if I recall correctly a lot of people had that issue, and it was something to do with the Throttle Position Sensor...

2003 Sangria Red Focus ZX5.
Buncha Crap Under the Hood... Buncha Crap running out the ass... Big Clunky box in the trunk... Flag on the Roof ala Austin Mini :headbang:
yea I heard about this...did not have the problem when i did mine...call focus central see what they say
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
focus_silver_se had a problem with his FC throttle body sticking when he got it.. I think they put a really light layer of grease around the thing and then it worked fine..
kram7171,Mar 26 2004, 08:43 PM Wrote:Hey there,

I just installed my Tb and its fine when I start it but after driving around I put it in neutral and the rpms stay aroung 2000 then drop to 1500 then to normal. Really weird. Does anyone know how to fix this? I took out the tb already and resealed it, resetted the Ecu and still nothing. Have I messed up the TPS sensor? I dont have a CEL showing up.

Thank you

Mark L.
the throttle position sensor needs to be adjusted .

also, if you affect the tps u'll need to cycle the power on the pcm . unhook the battery for minimum 5 minutes . when you hook it back up, start the car and let it idle (do not touch the gas) for minimum 3 minutes.

to check the tps when the battery is connected, put a metere between the middle wire and the white wire (if i recall correctly it's white). at WOT (wide open throttle) u should have a voltage LESS then 5 volts. the idle voltage shouldn't matter, however you want to ensure it's > 0v

when the car first starts after the battery was disconnected, the pcm will "learn" the lowest voltage from the tps and label that "idle" . and because it is caloberated for that tps, it knows what wot is

good luck with that