Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Do I Find These Parts In The Gta
Okay, I'm getting a bit tired of calling up shops and not getting anywhere... I just got off the phone with Donway Ford, and to say the least, I'm not going to get very far there either.

I know I can get an IAT from them with the partnumbers I have... yay

But I still need a obra MAF and 1 temp colder spark plugs.

where the hell do I find this stuff? Is there one shop in the GTA, or even canada that can get these parts for me? I don't feel like waiting 5 weeks if at all possible as well.

Oh hell.. at this point I'll be happy with Pro-M and sparkplugs.

I just want one shop where I can either pick this all up or have it shipped to me without paying duty, excessive shipping, and having to spend a full day driving around town visiting shops.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

thanks!
steve
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

if you just want a cobra MAF cant you ask one of the members here you has dealer hookups?

but a recalibrated cobra MAF i dunno anywhere other than proM
One step colder plugs are p/n AZFS-22-C Ford will have to order them. You should be able to get a Mass air meter from any Ford dealer...

2002 SVT Mustang. P/N 1L3Z-12B579-AA List price 254 plus 105 core Chg...

There is also Ford motorsport 70 mm 89-93 mustang Calibrated for 30# inj. M-12579-A70 Or the Motorsport Lightning Maf M-12579-L54. I'm Waiting on prices for them.

[Edit] Just got the prices for the Motorsport MAFS. They are both 325 list..
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
bluetoy,Mar 24 2004, 07:26 PM Wrote:One step colder plugs are p/n AZFS-22-C Ford will have to order them. You should be able to get a Mass air meter from any Ford dealer...

2002 SVT Mustang. P/N 1L3Z-12B579-AA List price 254 plus 105 core Chg...

There is also Ford motorsport 70 mm 89-93 mustang Calibrated for 30# inj. M-12579-A70 Or the Motorsport Lightning Maf M-12579-L54. I'm Waiting on prices for them.

[Edit] Just got the prices for the Motorsport MAFS. They are both 325 list..
I'm not sure where you find these part numbers, but I really want to hug you right now :)

thanks for the info (as always).

As a contrast.. I called the Donway parts department, and had nothing but hostile aggrivation from the parts guy there.. he obviously didn't want to waste time with a punk-ass like me.

But just got off the line with Pat from Steeda... and he's going to check this stuff out for me as well...

not to mention that Anthony throws info my way from PI everytime he catches a post of mine looking for parts... I appreciate any assistance in getting parts promptly and easily.

I appreciate the help.. I'm going to order the IAT, MAF and sparkplugs the moment I get pricing and ETAs nailed down.

And once all those parts are in (and confirmed), I'll dole out the coin for the SCT package... Hopefully I can have it all done before mid april...

Pssssstttttt..............Darkpuppet. It's Murcielago.
2005 Mazda3 Sport GT - Winning Blue Mica
2001 Focus ZTS - CD Silver (Sold)
JSI,Mar 25 2004, 06:26 PM Wrote:Pssssstttttt..............Darkpuppet. It's Murcielago.
pssssttttt, you're way off topic :P

funny... it's spelled right in my signature on [fj] :P

bluetoy,Mar 24 2004, 07:26 PM Wrote:2002 SVT Mustang. P/N 1L3Z-12B579-AA List price 254 plus 105 core Chg...
hmmm..since I don't have a Cobra MAF to return, I guess I'd be stuck with the core charge as well?

I'd look into the Ford racing MAF. The 70 mm mustang one. It's list is 325 and you get a discount at Donway for being a OFOC member... It's a 4 wire maf also.

Prolly Is not a word
bluetoy,Mar 25 2004, 09:56 PM Wrote:I'd look into the Ford racing MAF. The 70 mm mustang one. It's list is 325 and you get a discount at Donway for being a OFOC member... It's a 4 wire maf also.
yeah, you have a point... they didn't exactly seem like a friendly bunch the last time I talked to them tho...

does that 70mm MAF come either uncalibrated or calibrated to 42# injectors? The vortech comes with 42#ers

thanks!

If you are getting an SCT tune it does not matter what MAF you get. If you are not going to get an SCT then get the Ford Racing Lightning 90mm Maf. It is calibrated for 42#ers... I think I'm going to get a 70 mm Mustang MAF.

Prolly Is not a word
bluetoy,Mar 26 2004, 12:08 AM Wrote:If you are getting an SCT tune it does not matter what MAF you get. If you are not going to get an SCT then get the Ford Racing Lightning 90mm Maf. It is calibrated for 42#ers... I think I'm going to get a 70 mm Mustang MAF.
I know it doesn't really matter what MAF I get, but my biggest concern is getting one that doesn't flow what the injectors are capable of (bare minimum)... hence my concern about the MAF calibrated to 30# injectors. I want a MAF that can measure the flow enough for the 42# I have or more..

Unless the 5V cutoff doesn't apply anymore to the SCT... I'm still working out the pricing for the Cobra MAF... if it's going to be $300, I'll just get the Pro-M 70mm--it's a bit cheaper, and I know it's capable.

thanks for all the help bluetoy, I'd be wandering around in the dark without it!

A MAF only measures airflow. It has nothing to do with the injector size. The reason people get Recal MAFS is to "trick" the ECU into giving the proper amount of fuel for the new injector size. You are currently running a stock MAF and 42# injectors. The ECU has been adjusted to compensate for the injector size. I realize that your car is not running 100% but it is still running. I fear that running 42# injectors with no tuneing would just choke the engine off.

So really what I am trying to say is that any MAF that can flow enough air without hitting the 5v will work 100% with a tune. MAF is just that Mass Air Flow. Has nothing to do with injectors.

Hope that helps a little. If you E-mail SCT they will tell you which MAF is best to use and they will also tell you that what injector size it is cal. for doesn't matter.

Prolly Is not a word
yup.. every little bit of info helps.

I am aware of the need only for a MAF that will flow enough for my application, but the majority of people who I've talked to so far have offered up parts that are calibrated for smaller injectors than what I have.

Sure, they would probably be fine for the horsepower that my car currently does, but it's not enough to match the potential of the injectors that I have. I basically want a MAF that is open enough that it will last into the foreseeable future, and I don't want to even think about having to replace the MAF until the injectors run out.

So that's why I'm posing all the questions.. to ensure that I'm getting a mostly larger than what I need now MAF so in a few months time when the engine is breathing better, it will be a 'Big enough for what I'm trying to achieve MAF'... especially with getting the SCT, there's no sense in continually spending money on MAFs if I don't have to ;) To have to worry about only setting the MAF transfer function once would be niiice.

but right now, the car just sucks... the car is a stumble machine under WOT at 3-4 k RPM. It's really keeping me from taking on ricer hondas at the lights :P

of course I still need colder plugs too...

in the end, I'll feel a lot happier andsafer with the SCT

I'll save you the call.

SCT prefers Pro-M. ;)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
No.... SCT prefers Ford. They dislike Pro-M because they vary too much...

Prolly Is not a word
bluetoy,Mar 26 2004, 02:39 PM Wrote:No.... SCT prefers Ford. They dislike Pro-M because they vary too much...
hmmm.. you have a point... but man... the ford parts are 'spensive...

The only thing I don't like is that the Cobra and Lightning MAFs are so much larger than the 70mm inlet pipe... so then it becomes a matter of getting the inlet diameter down to the proper size, and also trying to get the filter to fit on the other end.

Something I have no idea of how it's going to work out until I actually get the parts, and I don't want it to be too difficult to put together...

[edit].. actually, I'm not sure about the diameter of the cobra MAF . [/edit]

bluetoy,Mar 26 2004, 10:39 AM Wrote:No.... SCT prefers Ford. They dislike Pro-M because they vary too much...
Really....When I was talking to modular depot they said to go with a Pro-M for the Focus.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Quote: Really....When I was talking to modular depot they said to go with a Pro-M for the Focus.

I was talking to Chris at SCT and he told me to use a Ford MAF.... Weird... I guess either will work.

Quote:The only thing I don't like is that the Cobra and Lightning MAFs are so much larger than the 70mm inlet pipe... so then it becomes a matter of getting the inlet diameter down to the proper size, and also trying to get the filter to fit on the other end.

The Motorsport mustang MAF is 70mm. I am sure 70mm is plenty big enough. I am also sure a PRO-M will work as well... you know... six of one....

Prolly Is not a word
the lightning MAF is huge, stick with a mustang MAF.
SVT Motor Swap into 2000 zx3 with 5spd.
14.9 @ 93MPH
"I am going to run 5's .... I am planning on installing a rocket engine!"
Hey Guys, people who recomend Pro M or Ford MAF's recomend what they personally feel comfortable with. Each person at SCT could have their own pref. but it all boils down to the type of setup the maf is being used on and the position it will be placed in relation to the throttle body.

Depending on the position of the MAF in relation to the TB, a specific MAF will be easier to tune and cause less problems (or whatever the tuner has experience with)

Go with what your tuner recomends or what you feel is best. There is the 90mm Lightning MAF, the 03 Cobra 90mm MAF, Pro M Univ Maf, and so on. All MAF's can be calibrated for specific injectors when having your chip burnt.

I will be posting an article on the best fuel setup for a blown Focus in our tech section sometime next week. It talks about maf's as well, and is worth the read. (tubro guys, you can read this as well)
Black 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
Tuned by Paul Meister @ Steeda.ca
http://www.steeda.ca
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------