Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choosing Between Msd Dis-2 & Crane Hi-6
Hey guys,

I want to get something to crank up the spark on my stock ignition, and I've been thinking about getting either the MSD- DIS2 or the Crane Cams Hi-6.

To the people who have one or the other, what are the pros and cons to both of the systems, I like both products but just can't decide.

Thanks for your help again,

Steeda,
14.5@93 (ZEX Wet 55Shot)
Buy the crane, much easer to install and more bang for you buck. I hope you dont plan on running any retard or advance with eather unit.
<a href="http://www.apexmodified.ca" target="_blank" class="postlink">[Image: logo_phpBB.gif]

If NISMO is for Nissan Motor Sports, Then HOMO must be for Honda
I have the msd...super easy install and the product shows there unbelevably long history....
I hope your not expecting a hp gain of substance with this though...cause that is not what it will do to your focus....it will make your power come on more linear and throttle response will improve slightly too...but dont be looking for hp here get it somewere else.....oh and you should see an improvement in mileage as well.

the one thing I really like about CDI's are the ability to adapt to voltage swings...I was having a problem with bad voltage (low) coming from the alternater ( which was eventually warranteed) and the only thing/reason my car ran at all was the msd....so that is a plus too
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
Well the reason I'm asking is for the fact that I'm not sure if I'll go with either a S/C or a turbo since I want to do more than just 1 thing on the car. So I've decided that I was gonna build up and make my bottom end &amp; drivetrain stronger and then boost it up, but in the mean time I'll be getting the ZEX Wet Nitrous System, with all the goodies :).

The reason why I'd want either one, is because I want to be able to set REV limiters along with Timming Retard of course.

I'm currently leaning on the Crane Hi-6 Right now since I could get the ability to adjust Timming Retard inside the car instead of under the hood.

Keep it comming guys, I'm still not sure. I'm surprised that their isn't that many people with these things.

Steeda,
14.5@93 (ZEX Wet 55Shot)
The stock computer will sense any adjusment in timing and compinsate for it. dont wast your time. get a custom chip. If you need one i can hook you up with one. And when you go turbo there is no charge for re-program. Read this http://forums.clubfocus.net/viewtopic.php?t=24689
<a href="http://www.apexmodified.ca" target="_blank" class="postlink">[Image: logo_phpBB.gif]

If NISMO is for Nissan Motor Sports, Then HOMO must be for Honda
ya...if these control elements are what your lookin for ....you could probably find a better way......
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
Well Looks like I'll go with the SCT Software and Red Chip !!!

Thanks for your help guys !
14.5@93 (ZEX Wet 55Shot)
Spend your money on something else, if you go forced induction look at your tranny and other parts that will compliment the package.
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!