Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headunits With Dvd-r ...etc Compatibility?
Anyone know of headunits that are dvd-r compatible for audio files rather than for straight video with a screen and such? Or are DVD headunits already compatible with dvd-r format?

I want to store all my mp3 full album discs onto DVD-r's to get rid of the clutter!
I picked up a JVC KD-DV5000 at Futureshop. Nice unit. Plays DVD, CD-R VCD MP3 etc.. It is also a changer controller. Has an lcd panel display.. Not for watching movies, just for the radio display. 200w power with digital out, rca video out, front and rear preamp out and headphone out. Not sure about DVD-R though, I don't have a burner.

Nice unit. has more DVD features than my 700 dollar progressive scan sony home DVD player. You can have the option of listening to the radio while someone else watches a DVD and listens through headphones...

It is 499.99 at FS.

[topsecretinfo] their cost is around 322 so you could probably knock some off the list price [/topsecretinfo]

[Edit] I just checked through the owners manual... it says no workie with DVD-Audio, DVD-ROM, DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-ROM, CD-I and Photo CD etc..
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
Sounds good till you got to the owner's manual part... so it won't play burnt DVDs, just store bought ones?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I've popped a DVD-R into my Pioneer headunit... no problemo, and the touch screen does help with the browsing through 78 albums, but man, you can still spend a LOT of time searching for crap...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!