Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cd Changers
I'm thinking of buying an FM modulated cd changer with mp3 playback. I have one right now that was in my old work van.
what i'm wondering about is the ease of use with the mp3. how difficult/easy is it to navigate through a disc or discs with the little wired remotes? who has the best display? or even a 2 line display?
I want to be able to read the track names easily.
I've checked out the usual suspects, sony, jvc, pioneer, usaspec (and searched through sounddomain). the only one i kinda liked was the sony and only because the display wasn't cheap looking. Are there any brands i should be checking or have missed. can anyone recommend a unit/brand, or have had good/bad experiences.
I'm not interested in getting a new headunit (besides it would have to be 2 DIN, i've never seen an aftermarket unit fill the hole nicely).
I might consider a 2 DIN unit, but they tend to be quite pricey.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jeremy
If you are considering a single DIN I strongly recommend using the ISo kit from socshe. It is rounded to fi the dash and looks factory. I just installed it a few weeks ago in my car and i'm very impressed with the look.

If I were goign to get a modualted MP3 stacker I think i'd go with this here

I like that fact that it can be used as modulator or can be connected with direct link. Gives you just a few more option if further upgrades, selling your vehicle is in the future. Also, it has a wireless remote, good because you can hide it anywhere you want and take it out etc.. bad b/c it uses batteries.

I like JVC, i've owned several different headunits made by them and have had no problems with their products.
=======================================
2001 Black ZTS, Grey leather, 4w Discs
JVC head unit, 800W RF sub

Near Future: Short throw, Intake, Borla Exaust
OH man i just finisthed installing my cd changer. I'm so friggin' pumped.
I bought the sony unit locally. Was worried it was going to be a bitch to install. Nope easy as pie, and it is true, everything in the focus has like a 4 screw max, or just snaps off!

5000 tracks and no disk changing, gotta love mp3.

man i'm so pumped.
now i'm starting to think a sub and custum enclosure is the next step.