Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Grille

<a href='http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid104/pb2fc94beac91b52b55beeae23c58855d/f98e3228.jpg'>[Image: f98e3228.jpg]

Some guy on FJ made this. To be quite honest with you, I think it looks not bad at all. Its basically a stock grille with the barsghts dremelled out, w/ mesh behind. I wonder if anyone on FC is thinking about to make one as well, that would be cool, and I'd definately help out. What do u guys think?
My other ride is your Mom
Yah that guy did a really good job...

Anybody know where to get that kind/style of mesh?
Looks like a fine HOME DEPOT gutter guard mesh to me. ;)
ANTHONYD,Feb 23 2004, 08:16 PM Wrote:Looks like a fine HOME DEPOT gutter guard mesh to me. ;)
:lol:

I wasnt gonna say it but you did so I have to agree with you!
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Hmmm...doesn't look anything like my gutter mesh/stucco stuff.

EDIT: Actually I looked at the full size images, it is gutter mesh, my bad.
Thats hilarious .. I have one sitting here .. that looks identical to that ....

I thought it was mega ugly though, i was gonna thicken it up ...
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
tdot-zx3,Feb 23 2004, 04:33 PM Wrote:Thats hilarious .. I have one sitting here .. that looks identical to that ....

I thought it was mega ugly though, i was gonna thicken it up ...
Exactly. Dont get me wrong, the guy did a good job....I mean i was really thinking of doing it myself, but then thought the same thing....the outer peice needs to be thickened.

How do you go about doing this? What kind of materials do you use Dan?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Yeah I agree Dan, the outer edges need to be thickened up a bit, some fibreglassing would do the trick, no? Then give it a few coats of paint, and it would look nice.
My other ride is your Mom
Aslong as you treat the plastic with a &quot;prepper&quot; .... fiberglass will stick to it no problem.

You can just build away with either glass ... Or the ever so popular for creating shapes ... bondo.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Yes, Im bumping this....I couldnt find the original thread on FJ....

Can anybody help me out? I need to see those pics again...
Hehehe looks cool :) He did a decent job. Would look much better if the mesh was further foward, and painted black.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Apr 7 2004, 03:38 PM Wrote:Hehehe looks cool :) He did a decent job. Would look much better if the mesh was further foward, and painted black.
:angry: How can you see the pics???

Its just coing up as Red X's for me.
I saw red x's, then I clicked the picture and they popped up for me....
Run your car, not your mouth
i might attempt this in a few weeks when schools done
i'm gonna pick up another one at the wreackers work on that maybe build it up like t dot said i'll keep u guys posted

what kinda mesh is that BTW? could i get the at home depot?
2003 Zx3 French Blue
_JC_,Apr 8 2004, 01:00 AM Wrote:i might attempt this in a few weeks when schools done
i'm gonna pick up another one at the wreackers work on that maybe build it up like t dot said i'll keep u guys posted

what kinda mesh is that BTW? could i get the at home depot?
The mesh is called &quot;gutter guard&quot; and you can find it in the building materials department of HD. Don't get it mixed up with the diamond lathe/wire mesh you use for ceramic tile underlay. This one is much more rigid and the holes are smaller. Comes in strips that cost around $4 - $6. Are you in toronto? If you see 2 grilles at the wreckers, pick one up for me and I'll give you the cash for it.

Flo: right-click where the pics are supposed to be and select &quot;copy shortcut&quot;, then paste it into your browser's URL field.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)