Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Front Door Tweeter Mount?
Has anyone seen or installed tweeters in the spot where power window switches are (in a car with crankers, obviously)

I have not looked, but I would imagine that there would be enough space behind, since there is enough room for the switches.

I'm not sure if that would be ideal for tweeter placement, any thoughts? (sound stage, distance from mid-bass or whatever would go in the stock location)

Who has components installed, and where?
Yep, thats where I've got my tweets installed.

My car doesn't have power windows, so I put them where the switches would normally be. I think I have pics around here somewhere.
Another location is if you give up the manual windows.. the little knobbies think there is enough room to house tweets in there as well. I've considered putting them in that location just never got around to it.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
but why??????

the stock location fits a 9x6

if you are going component whitch you are if you want tweets then mount evry thing in the stock location

it will sound better and less bs to put up with

what ever shop you get to install them they will have plates just for that

a plate will have a hole for a 4-tweet, or a 51/4-tweet, or a 6-tweet

best thing to do

don't mount them on yor door panel

do it right
but why..

its like your exhaust for looks..

:rolleyes:
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado

<a href='http://www3.sympatico.ca/azimmarani/tweeter2.jpg'>[Image: tweeter2.jpg]

Hope that gives you a bit of a visual

And BTW Dean, stock location fits a 5x7/6x8
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
^ Yep exact same as mine ^
P.S. Raine - you and I - tied for 605 posts.

But this makes it 606 :P
hey hey hey .. dont make me reset again.

*shakes fist*
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Raine, I seen that pic. Too bad I have power window switches in that spot. I had to use the plastic panels where the mirror controls are on my car. and I'm still not finnished yet either.
My other ride is your Mom
Mine are hidden in my doors behind the speaker grille, giving it that stock inconspicous look :D
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I was thinking of adding power windows, and I was just going to make a custom plate for some components and put them in the stock location
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
sorry al but dean is right some people have put 6x9 in the door. It is not an easy thing to do, have some trimming I believe on the door and the door panel.
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado