Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunnville Autodrome Track Day
I'd like to get a track day going, in order to do this we need to find 15-20 people willing to fully commit.

Date: TBD (depending on track availability) This will most likely be a Saturday or Sunday 1/2 day (Morning)
Track Location: Dunnville Autodrome
Cost: $80(20 people interested)-$150(10 people interested) (depending on people interested).

I was out at this track last year. Its a fun course, very tight and technical. Driver ability comes into play allot more on this course than a powerful car.

So Lets get this list going of people interested, if we can get at least 10 then we can start moving on this.

People Interested:
1. hardk0re
2. tiketz
3. spinal
4. jmack (before may 24)
5. ZTWsquared
6. dblast
7. nefcanuck (after may 24)
8. scorcher000
9. Gabriel
10. ZX3guy2000
11. Scourge
12. Lav74 (oqcgp.com)

hardk0re,Mar 27 2009, 07:13 AM Wrote:I'd like to get a track day going, in order to do this we need to find 15-20 people willing to fully commit. 

Date: TBD (depending on track availability) This will most likely be a Saturday or Sunday 1/2 day (Morning)
Track Location: Dunnville Autodrome
Cost: $80(20 people interested)-$150(10 people interested) (depending on people interested).

I was out at this track last year.  Its a fun course, very tight and technical.  Driver ability comes into play allot more on this course than a powerful car.

So Lets get this list going of people interested, if we can get at least 10 then we can start moving on this.
[right][snapback]283566[/snapback][/right]

LOL - so the herding of cats begins ... excellent idea Kevin, count me in with the usual caveats about dates etc - also I don't think I'd consider anything before middle of May just because of the uncertainty of weather ... Sunday mornings are best for me.

This is a fun course and if you're going 9/10s it can be pretty hard on brakes - it's tight but even a stock Focus will get up to 150 on the front straight ... the nice thing is that handling and driver prowess are king here ... I had no trouble hanging with and even passing 300hp Mustangs in my wagon.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Put me down for a maybe.
What are the requirements we have to have?
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Requirements: Car + Money + Time
Id recommend you have:
- Good Brakes
- Good Tires
- No Fluid Leaks
- Good Mechanical Order

IIRC last time I was there helmets were optional for everything but convertables. That may have changed but they do offer rentals if this is the case. And YES as Ken said this course is hard on brakes. Last year after I had some mechanical issues I pulled off and my brakes were smoking...litterally.

I have track worthy fronts but stock SVT of the rear that are a couple of months old. I'd need a helmet too. Whats one cost if I were to buy one and were to go?
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Scorcher000,Mar 27 2009, 08:32 AM Wrote:I have track worthy fronts but stock SVT of the rear that are a couple of months old. I'd need a helmet too. Whats one cost if I were to buy one and were to go?
[right][snapback]283597[/snapback][/right]

If you can, get a helmet with a Snell rating of SA2005 - that will offer you the best protection and you'll be allowed to run any course and with any group. For example this is the minimum helmet rating for any SVTOA track event.

Otherwise you could get a motorcycle helmet with a Snell M2005 rating - essentially the same as SA2005 except it has less stringent fire ratings ... for example the BMW Club I run with only requires a M rating and not the SA rating ... and this should be perfectly fine for Dunnville - as they don't list any helmet requirements on their website and probably leave it up to the event organizers.

I picked up a brand new Akai M2005 motorcycle helmet 2 years ago for under $100 when that big Honda dealership on Dundas in Etobicoke was closing out.

And John, considering the stock rear brakes are drum and handle about 10% of the braking - your stock SVT rears will be excellent.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

It'll really depend on dates for me. Only things that I know for sure are that anything in May is a no until after the 24 weekend. The SVTOA/Trackguys event is Aug 31/Sept 1 meaning the weekend before that is out too.

Other than that I can probably work something out ;)

NefCanuck
Am I allowed to hot-lap the Escape? :ph34r:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 27 2009, 01:37 PM Wrote:Am I allowed to hot-lap the Escape? :ph34r:
[right][snapback]283626[/snapback][/right]

I say bring it on, you might be the only car that I can havea hope in hell of outrunning :D

NefCanuck
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 27 2009, 02:37 PM Wrote:Am I allowed to hot-lap the Escape? :ph34r:
[right][snapback]283626[/snapback][/right]

Tight corner track + high rollover rate vehicle...fun times :)
is this 4 hours of lapping or full day?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Mar 27 2009, 02:56 PM Wrote:is this 4 hours of lapping or full day?
[right][snapback]283635[/snapback][/right]

Based on the cost per participant Kevin's quoting, and Dunnville's posted rates, I think this is for a Saturday or Sunday morning between 8 and 12 ... it is certainly the best value on their price list.

And for anyone considering doing this: a.) it's a lot of fun - especially at this price, and B.) it's quite a hike to Dunnville from GTA so be prepared for a real early start on the day.

According to google maps it's an hour and 42 minutes from my place in Brampton ... so to get there for say 7:45 with no stops I'll have to leave at 6:00 am.

Depending on how this shakes out I may use some of my Aeroplan miles and book a hotel for the night before.

high rollover rate vehicle...fun times :)
[right][snapback]283632[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Oh nice :unsure:

I would like to try it out...more info please for first timers.

I can get some people to come join us if we need more cars, to get this deal.
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
I'm interested!

Will the focus group be the only cars on the track or is it open to all of which our group will be one of many? How many cars do they allow on the track at one time? Are there warm up laps/(learn the track laps)?
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
dBlast,Mar 27 2009, 06:42 PM Wrote:I'm interested!

Will the focus group be the only cars on the track or is it open to all of which our group will be one of many?  How many cars do they allow on the track at one time?  Are there warm up laps/(learn the track laps)?
[right][snapback]283656[/snapback][/right]

I can't speak to the specifics of what Kevin has in mind for Dunnville ... but usually the group that pays for the track is the only group there - and there is also typically a maximum number of cars.

There's usually a group meeting where they tell us the rules etc ... there's usually a few warm up laps with safety car to learn the track (no passing) ... then the lapping goes in 30 or 40 minute sessions ... the cars are waved onto the track with 20 or 30 seconds in between each ... you go as fast as you like but can only pass in certain zones and then only when the car in front of you waves you past ... and the etiquette is that even if a car is slower than you on the straights, if he's catching you after every corner then you let him pass and you let him stay in front of you - because if he's faster in the corners chances are he'll pull ahead anyway - especially at Dunnville.

Sorry if I got anything wrong Kevin - this is the way it's been done at the events I've attended.

And and by the way ... Dunnville is home to one of the most awesomely-named motels there is ... one day I've got to stay there ... you gotta love Staelitte TV!

[Image: CountryInn.jpg]

Nice thanks Ken for the info...Iam getting more and more interested

This sounds like alot of fun and the price is good
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
hm id love to come, sounds like a lot of fun. it'd be a first for me.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
I'm interested, providing it happens before the May 2-4 weekend. After that the model airplane competition season is in full swing, and I'm pretty much booked every weekend.

Ivan MacKenzie.
Old Ride: 2001 Malibu Blue MTX Street Edition Wagon
New Ride: 2010 Mocha Brown MT 2.0T Passat Wagon
Ken you got everything right, thanks for providing the additional information. So far we have at least 7 people interested.

Tony if you can get a few more people then that would be great. It would be nice to be around the 20 mark. Makes it cheap for everybody.

IIRC only 10 cars are allowed on the track at one time, theres still allot of driving time. 10-20 minutes of driving and the first bank of 10 have pretty much cycled off and are letting their cars cool off and brakes cool off.

But yes only our group will be on the track, not all focuses but still just our group. It is an early morning run out there but it is worth it.
Cool!

Can't wait to try it.

Here is a video of the track:

vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Svtoa On Track Corral - July 28th @ Dunnville GapBoyPCS 0 1,075 07-16-2007, 07:32 AM
Last Post: GapBoyPCS