Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunnville Autodrome Track Day
ZTWsquared,Apr 6 2009, 12:15 PM Wrote:
Gabriel,Apr 6 2009, 10:33 AM Wrote:WOW ! sounds great , since there are instructors , that is priceless .Unfortunately because of the price , might not be in the budget for me this year . But I am looking forward to go to SVTOA's Red line this year on Mosport big track and if nothing else to go lapping a few times with Touge.ca . Thank you for the info .
[right][snapback]284345[/snapback][/right]

Yup - I was hooked after the first one ... we've also run at Calabogie, but it's not quite the same as Mosport.

I'm planning on doing the SVTOA thing too this year - so we'll see you there.

Back OT - any updates on this Kevin?

Anyone who's even remotely interested please post up here.

Trust me, even in a bone-stock Focus you will be talking about this for weeks afterward ... if you haven't done this yet you really don't know what your missing (and you're missing a lot!!) - for just 80 bucks and just 20 cars this is an awesome value for the experience you'll get.

The prospective dates set out so far are May 30 and June 6 ... so check your calendars and think hard about coming out.
[right][snapback]284354[/snapback][/right]
Oh , I didn't mean 80 bucks for membership , but the 430 for just one weekend , I don't say it's expensive for what you get , it's just that work is very slow right now so money doesn't come in as it used to , I just paid for a set of Dunlops Direzza Z1 and I have to postpone the suspension for a while . Could you please give me the web site so I can get more info ? If I get some wind in my sail ( you know what I mean )I'd love to join .
Gabriel,Apr 6 2009, 11:30 AM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,Apr 6 2009, 12:15 PM Wrote:Anyone who's even remotely interested please post up here.

Trust me, even in a bone-stock Focus you will be talking about this for weeks afterward ... if you haven't done this yet you really don't know what your missing (and you're missing a lot!!) - for just 80 bucks and just 20 cars this is an awesome value for the experience you'll get.

The prospective dates set out so far are May 30 and June 6 ... so check your calendars and think hard about coming out.
Oh , I didn't mean 80 bucks for membership , but the 430 for just one weekend , I don't say it's expensive for what you get , it's just that work is very slow right now so money doesn't come in as it used to , I just paid for a set of Dunlops Direzza Z1 and I have to postpone the suspension for a while . Could you please give me the web site so I can get more info ? If I get some wind in my sail ( you know what I mean )I'd love to join .
[right][snapback]284361[/snapback][/right]

Actually the second half of my post was about the OP and Dunnville - not directed at you because I know you've done it before ...

So - in terms of Dunnville if we get 20 cars then the cost per car is only about 80 bucks for the session ... and IMO this is great value especially for someone doing it for the first time.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Apr 6 2009, 01:46 PM Wrote:
Gabriel,Apr 6 2009, 11:30 AM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,Apr 6 2009, 12:15 PM Wrote:Anyone who's even remotely interested please post up here.

[right][snapback]284361[/snapback][/right]

Actually the second half of my post was about the OP and Dunnville - not directed at you because I know you've done it before ...

So - in terms of Dunnville if we get 20 cars then the cost per car is only about 80 bucks for the session ... and IMO this is great value especially for someone doing it for the first time.
[right][snapback]284385[/snapback][/right]
Oh , I think here was a misunderstanding ,I said I can't afford to join the Trillium BMW club for lapping at Mosport because of the price , I am definately with you for Dunnville , I think I am already on the list . I just hope I'll be able to get my new tires from Chicago until then , or else I'll just have to ride on the Conti's that I have on right now and pray for no rain , 'cause I used them last year on the track also ...
hardk0re,Apr 1 2009, 08:45 PM Wrote:...
I am targeting may 30 or june 6 weekends if available.
[right][snapback]284052[/snapback][/right]
May 30th, I'm out for sure (high school reunion), June 6th I'm in for sure.

Ivan MacKenzie.
Old Ride: 2001 Malibu Blue MTX Street Edition Wagon
New Ride: 2010 Mocha Brown MT 2.0T Passat Wagon
have any dates been set up yet?
I'd like to know in advance
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Bump... don't want to see this get lost in the kerfuffle !!
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
yeah guys....lets make plans and go......i haven't been to any FC.net track days.....i don't even think there were any
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
NikiterZTS,Apr 24 2009, 07:30 AM Wrote:yeah guys....lets make plans and go......i haven't been to any FC.net track days.....i don't even think there were any
[right][snapback]285721[/snapback][/right]
I agree with you , haven't been to any FC.net track days either , some people here find it hard to decide whether to come or not and look at Touge , they have so many participants , sometimes U can't even get on the list . But I'm pretty sure if this will happen here once or twice , it'll keep on going
I would prefer Dunnville to Mosport considering my tires
Gabriel,Apr 24 2009, 07:36 AM Wrote:I would prefer Dunnville to Mosport considering my tires
[right][snapback]285723[/snapback][/right]

Isn't Dunnville a longer track as well?

Also more flat surface to it.
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Gabriel,Apr 24 2009, 07:32 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Apr 24 2009, 07:30 AM Wrote:yeah guys....lets make plans and go......i haven't been to any FC.net track days.....i don't even think there were any
I agree with you , haven't been to any FC.net track days either , some people here find it hard to decide whether to come or not and look at Touge , they have so many participants , sometimes U can't even get on the list . But I'm pretty sure if this will happen here once or twice , it'll keep on going
[right][snapback]285722[/snapback][/right]

People just wanna come out for chicken-wings & beer around here, which is nothing wrong with that. I just think as a car-club we should/must have at least 1 track day, 1 dyno day, 1 BBQ per season. Last year we did a sweet F-all. :rolleyes:
The only one from administrators/mods trying here is Hardcore. No offence to others but start doing something. This site is dying little by little.

P.S. Its pretty useless to mod a car if you can never take it either to 1/4; AutoX; Lapping.
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
NikiterZTS,Apr 24 2009, 08:10 AM Wrote:

People just wanna come out for chicken-wings & beer around here, which is nothing wrong with that. I just think as a car-club we should/must have at least 1 track day, 1 dyno day, 1 BBQ per season. Last year we did a sweet F-all. :rolleyes:
The only one from administrators/mods trying here is Hardcore. No offence to others but start doing something. This site is dying little by little.
[right][snapback]285729[/snapback][/right]

You're also welcome to step up to the plate - no offense Nik but I attended a dozen or so Massiv Monday's last year and don't recall seeing you at any of them - thanks to Kevin for doing the legwork on those. I didn't see you at the Warplane Museum either.

It's been my experience on this site that getting anybody to commit and actually follow through on anything is like pulling teeth ... and maybe that's normal and maybe that's to be expected.

But under those circumstances I think it's a little disingenous of you to suggest that the only reason "nothing" happened last year is because the mods were slacking.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

NikiterZTS,Apr 24 2009, 08:59 AM Wrote:
Gabriel,Apr 24 2009, 07:36 AM Wrote:I would prefer Dunnville to Mosport considering my tires
[right][snapback]285723[/snapback][/right]

Isn't Dunnville a longer track as well?

Also more flat surface to it.
[right][snapback]285726[/snapback][/right]
I am not sure , I think is a little longer than Mosport DDT and yes , it's flat , therefore in my opinion more forgiving in regards to the tires . Otherwise Mosport is more technical and also closer to me , from Barrie to mosport= 120km and Barrie to Dunnville = 200km
ZTWsquared,Apr 24 2009, 08:20 AM Wrote:

You're also welcome to step up to the plate - no offense Nik but I attended a dozen or so Massiv Monday's last year and don't recall seeing you at any of them - thanks to Kevin for doing the legwork on those. I didn't see you at the Warplane Museum either.

It's been my experience on this site that getting anybody to commit and actually follow through on anything is like pulling teeth ... and maybe that's normal and maybe that's to be expected.

But under those circumstances I think it's a little disingenous of you to suggest that the only reason "nothing" happened last year is because the mods were slacking.
[right][snapback]285731[/snapback][/right]

I do have to admit that for the most of last year I was driving de-tuned Ford Focus with 230K+ on the odometer. Really it was useless to take out that car anywhere to push it hard.
September came around and I got a new car.
Some of people on here might know the line of work that I do. I do nuclear services and my position requires me to be at site(different nuke plants) 4-5 months a year. That would be probably the main thing for me to miss a large part of track time.
I did come to a couple meets last year along with Jamie, didn't see you. Even brought the Scubi once. Year prior to that I came to almost every meet, never saw you. See what I mean?
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
NikiterZTS,Apr 24 2009, 08:29 AM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,Apr 24 2009, 08:20 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]285731[/snapback][/right]

I do have to admit that for the most of last year I was driving de-tuned Ford Focus with 230K+ on the odometer. Really it was useless to take out that car anywhere to push it hard.
September came around and I got a new car.
Some of people on here might know the line of work that I do. I do nuclear services and my position requires me to be at site(different nuke plants) 4-5 months a year. That would be probably the main thing for me to miss a large part of track time.
I did come to a couple meets last year along with Jamie, didn't see you. Even brought the Scubi once. Year prior to that I came to almost every meet, never saw you. See what I mean?
[right][snapback]285733[/snapback][/right]

I see exactly what you mean ... the big difference between you and me however is that I have never questioned your participation and I have never complained that you haven't organized anything. See what I mean?

Ok I'm sorry then. Didn't want to start anything. I did however wanted this site to be a "little" more active in motosport. Maybe starting now?

Anyways posted some track days. I will be attending at least 2 of them but it all depends on my work. Going to the site on May 8th for like 3 weeks straight.
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
NikiterZTS,Apr 24 2009, 08:47 AM Wrote:Ok I'm sorry then. Didn't want to start anything. I did however wanted this site to be a "little" more active in motosport. Maybe starting now?

Anyways posted some track days. I will be attending at least 2 of them but it all depends on my work. Going to the site on May 8th for like 3 weeks straight.
[right][snapback]285740[/snapback][/right]

I agree with your goal Nik - I just didn't see how complaining about other people's lack of participation or taking the lead was in any way a solution ... as you pointed out, we all have our own circumstances that will determine how much or how little time we can devote to this site and to the associated activities - and that includes Steve and the mods.

Thanks for posting up those tracking days - that's a good resource - and to your original point, I too hope we can make the Dunnville day go.

And since we are planning for a morning session and since we will be near Niagara Falls, I think an afternoon/evening bbq would be in order too ... so if we can make the Dunnville thing work, and if it's on a day I can attend, I will organize the bbq.

ZTWsquared,Apr 24 2009, 08:54 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Apr 24 2009, 08:47 AM Wrote:Ok I'm sorry then. Didn't want to start anything. I did however wanted this site to be a "little" more active in motosport. Maybe starting now?

[right][snapback]285740[/snapback][/right]

I agree with your goal Nik - I just didn't see how complaining about other people's lack of participation or taking the lead was in any way a solution ... as you pointed out, we all have our own circumstances that will determine how much or how little time we can devote to this site and to the associated activities - and that includes Steve and the mods.

Thanks for posting up those tracking days - that's a good resource - and to your original point, I too hope we can make the Dunnville day go.

And since we are planning for a morning session and since we will be near Niagara Falls, I think an afternoon/evening bbq would be in order too ... so if we can make the Dunnville thing work, and if it's on a day I can attend, I will organize the bbq.
[right][snapback]285742[/snapback][/right]

Sweet B)
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
I would most likely go to Dunnville if you guys were having a track day, and I could probably round up a few guys who would be interested.
2004 Focus ZTW 5spd - current weapon
2002 Lincoln LSE 5spd
MackZTW,May 1 2009, 06:31 PM Wrote:I would most likely go to Dunnville if you guys were having a track day, and I could probably round up a few guys who would be interested.
[right][snapback]286331[/snapback][/right]
Are you interested in track day this sunday? NikiterZTS and I are going to Dunnville

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Svtoa On Track Corral - July 28th @ Dunnville GapBoyPCS 0 1,058 07-16-2007, 07:32 AM
Last Post: GapBoyPCS