Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Main Page Update
OK.. First on the agenda is getting our main page a little more beefed up so this doesnt seem like just a forum site.

Yes user written tutorials would be awsome
Yes a couple monthly columns would be sweet as well

What else? Lets here some opinions guys.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Kill all the off topic crap on the front page.

It drives people away when they come across our site and see subject after subject of useless stuff.

Maybe a ride of the week.

A new car that came out.

reviews etc.... i dunno the world is our oyster fellas.
Id say car of the week or month.... just because there are so few active members. that everyones car would be featured once a year.

otherwise tutorials would be good.

maybe a store section... where you can buy FC merch.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Yeah I think the idea would be something like a magazine web page.

We can profile Steeda products or sponsors products.
Peformance upgrade of the month.
Appearance upgrade of the month.
Ice articles.
General info (recalls, TSBs)
Members featured (interviews with the member)
Cars featured with or without member(not one of our cars like an RS)
Meetings and G2Gs
Sponsors

Now this doesn't have to be a set thing...like a mag it can be changed around every month or so.

I think that would be kewl though.
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
Update the friggin members gallery.....

for the millionth time....

surely we have more than 16 people with car photos...

Put Pics on of stuff like this... that most people don't know about

How the Hell do I post pics anyways.. I used to know how
<a href='http://media.ford.com/press_files/image_files/beijingauto.jpg'>[Image: beijingauto.jpg]</a>
articles ... thats a lot of work that most of us won't do, and most people won't read because basically? Few of us are experts...

PLUS, most people don't want to click on Links to see pictures...
2003 Sangria Red Focus ZX5.
Buncha Crap Under the Hood... Buncha Crap running out the ass... Big Clunky box in the trunk... Flag on the Roof ala Austin Mini :headbang:
You dont have to be an expert to write an article....

For example... you installed your diablo chip yourself no? How hard is it to write about that ... simple.

Thats sorta what im talking about .. simple stuff .. we dont have to be complex .. complex is only interesting to a certain few people anyways.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Installed... took out, installed, took out, installed... took out

Sitting in front of my computer right now... damn 91 Octane gas... hehe

actually I took it out to save some money over winter... &quot;Why do you need to go fast in the Winter anyways&quot; and just havn't put it back in yet.. hehe

That is true but... that is also written about just about everywhere...

Then again.. y'all are gonna LOVE what I'ma do to my HVAC vents
2003 Sangria Red Focus ZX5.
Buncha Crap Under the Hood... Buncha Crap running out the ass... Big Clunky box in the trunk... Flag on the Roof ala Austin Mini :headbang:
If only you guys seen Focus Canda V3 . I allready been doing sdesign plans.. :P I am taking away the plain business/boring look away. Im going more flash and more of the look of an interactive magazine style..

Im glad this topic was made because I was going to ask what you guys wanted to see. FC needs a chnage again. Its time.. I have always been looking for ppl to do articles and such but no body has took on the position.....yet...
What do you want articles on? I'm not the smartest car guy in the garage, but I could put something together for noobs like myself.

DEFINATELY need everyones rides in the members section, it sux that there are only like 8 there.

I agree with the off topic being taken off the front page.

Car of the month would be A LOT easier to do than car of the week. If you did car of the week, everyones car would be featured multiple times quite soon.
"No, my sons name is also Bort!"
All of the ideas presented make a lot of sense. If we can incorporate even some of these, we will be making this site one the focus community in Canada will take seriously.

I agree with eliminating &quot;off topic&quot; posts from the main page.

Car of the month would be great idea too! (maybe feature a wagon!!)

If everyone who has done any mod's to there car submitted an article (no matter how simple) that would at least give the sight the beginnings of a &quot;tech library&quot; where people could go to see how others did the same thing.

Just my $0.02

~ Clutch

~ DECEASED ~
The Z-ed Sled ('03 ZTW)
-Eibech Pro Kit
-17" SVT Euro's
-Tip & Tint for show
-nothing for go...yet!
Yeah I also think removing the &quot;off topic&quot; messages in the front page would be good. Looking forward to a change, it's always good......
Updates to the members page is always good... and yeah, kill the last 5/10 active threads listing.

Maybe feature some member artwork on the main page ;)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 18 2004, 02:23 PM Wrote:Updates to the members page is always good... and yeah, kill the last 5/10 active threads listing.

Maybe feature some member artwork on the main page ;)
Sheat yeah I am mean with the MS paint... :lol:
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
boobies :P I like the idea about the mag look
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I also like the idea of a magazine look. We need more pics of our cars up because noobies would like to see what can be done to a focus.

As for forum headings, I'd say leave them the way they are. I think each one brings to the table a necessary part of focus life. Maybe we can get sub-clubs, like GTA, Regina, etc. (the different groups of people living all over Canada). I don't want to start gang wars but if people join F.C. then they can see who to look out for in their city.

Also if dealerships could advertise http://www.focuscanada.net to focus enthusiasts then maybe our club can grow and more people could post more interesting things.

What do you guys think?
Just to test your theory, I'm leaving self-printed pimp cards at Service and the main dealership tonight when I go to pick-up the ride :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I don't know about the sub-clubs/headings for different locations, that's getting to much like Focaljet. As for member's section-Time for an update. Off-Topic needs to be taken off of the main page with the 5 last active topics. And I think the monthy ride feature would be a great idea

Just my 0.02$
2000 ZX3 - H&R Sport Springs, Fast Wheels, Kumho Tires, MOMO Shift Knob and Boot, Shortened Shifter, K&N Cone Filter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Main page down? ZX3_2NV 3 3,960 11-23-2012, 12:51 AM
Last Post: darkpuppet
  Whats with the main page? hardk0re 4 3,075 12-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Last Post: meford4u
  Main Page Forum List _JC_ 2 2,283 03-01-2006, 08:14 AM
Last Post: _JC_
  New Main Page! Clutch 1 1,604 12-29-2004, 12:17 PM
Last Post: silver02svtf